Samsung Galaxy S III design finalized, claims tipster
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2012, 09:26 posted on
Rumor has it that the design of the Samsung Galaxy S III has already been finalized, meaning that production is ready to kick off. The smartphone is expected to sport a ceramic body...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
why they need anything better? SGS2 is still the best :)
of course it doesnt mind me :)
25. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Don't really care, my Xperia S is the s**t.
27. DrewMonroe (Posts: 21; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
4.8 will be fine if the screen is edge to edge..i mean thinnest bezel possible in all sides (but not without bezel anymore)
28. DrewMonroe (Posts: 21; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
btw, does ceramic body imply that SGIII will likely be as FRAGILE as the apple4/s? i really wish it wudn't, else, better with high quality plastic or metal. =|
51. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Ceramic can be very strong, even stronger than the anodized aluminum that's used on some phones.
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
now thats what a Samsung Galaxy phone should be.. not made of plastic.. now I am interested...
72. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
GALLITOKING THOUght u
disliket samsung or android phones
75. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the current line up. but nothing wrong with this new Samsung.. faster updates. no more plastic...it deserves a second look dont you think..
34. cdnfreak (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Extremely Excited, but that 4.8" screen has me a little turned off. I love the size of my Galaxy S Captivate but even the 4.5" screen on the SII is a little concerning
38. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
will most likely be my my phone...all depends on how big the phone is...I would be super happy if they can shrink the bezels to as little as possible and if they get rid of capacitive buttons and go with on screen buttons then they should able to put in a 4.8" screen in a device the size of the s2
39. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
7MM ARE U SERIOUS BRO?!! Now looks like I may have to wait till Summer for final announcement. damn
41. xtplnet (Posts: 55; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
samsung Galaxy S III specifications will be like 4.7-- 4.8 HD Super AMOLED plus screen (non pen-tile ) , More thinner than Samsung galaxy note , 12 MG camera with super Optics , Quad core Exynos chip , 2 GB RAM , and near about Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. Software side Ice Cream Sandwich with crappy Touchwiz and weak comparator to siri . Anything missing ??? :-)
66. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
i think you should be deleted from any page from talking like that with no REALsource
73. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
then 80 of people here post with no real source other than ... ready.. personal opinion...
78. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Yes kind ov or hope wishes and imagination
along with few hints
83. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
honestly, ill take it just like you threw it up there. if your biggest gripes are a simple overlay and a Speech recognition program that doesnt have canned sarchasm, i think its doing pretty good. Both of those things can be removed or replaced, and when your done, ur left with the best mobile hardware on the planet with the most beautiful mobile screen on the planet.
win win for me buddy.
86. xtplnet (Posts: 55; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Hardware wise Yesss , it will be the best , stretching limitation of every best phone out there !!
43. xtplnet (Posts: 55; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Samsung has chosen perfect launching time for Samsung Galaxy s III . They have good marketing strategy, they patiently wait for Mobile world congress to finished and now they will copy what best every one (Nokia , HTC ,Sony) put on table and combine every thing in one device. It might the best selling phone before iPhone 5. If Samsung is so confident about there design they should just launch their flagship with iPhone 5.
74. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Xtplnet no there waiting for the a15 cortex to launch
44. Apocsgsll (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Im DEFINITLY getting one and already got first dibbs on a unit from my Carrier.
I already hv a SGS2 (Rooted and OC'ED) ,Galaxy Nexus(ICS) Rooted OC'ED) AND a Galaxy Note so the SGSlll will for sure be added to my collection! ;o)
45. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
+1 too don't care about siri or other bullshit i won't be using it and YES they choosed the right time because many people won't buy a phone from other brands until they see the S3 and they will buy it for sure
46. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Progress is finally getting revealed until it's finally released.
54. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
REMIXFA S4 SNAPDRAGON IS NOT BAD S3 IS CRAPDRAGON
76. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
No one likes s4 a15 snapdragon
56. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Only 7mm?! While I am not a fan of tanks for phones, I seriously wonder how big that battery could possibly be if this holds true.
I'd rather have a 3500-4500 mAH battery with a little beefier phone (whatever they can fit in 9mm), than run out of juice half way through the day (which is the ONLY reason I'd consider upgrading my Galaxy Nexus at this point... loving this phone and the dev community!).
60. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I'm in love with the Galaxy Note and was going to buy it when first released but how can I when the SGS3 rumors are so damned juicy.
If the SGS3 isn't all that I'm hoping for at least my first love G Note will be less expensive on Ebay
67. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I wouldn't hold my breath even after Samsung says it's officially going to be released with Samsungs track record of going back on what they offically said like Samsung saying their galaxy s 2 line would get ICS soon after it's release then saying the end of q1 then early q2 and this isn't even Samsung saying anything about the SGS3
84. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
If the Sony Hayabusa and Mint 1 disappoints my taste, then I'm getting one by the end of the year. . .
94. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
only time will tell what Samsung decides to do with the rumored SGSIII. Hopefully Samsung doesn't pull an HTC & AT&T move and decide to surprise everyone in the states that the HTC One X will be not the one announced at MWC. I was totally expected to hear the possible release of the quad-core One X in the states with LTE, but was completely infuriated until I read that the LTE radio is not compatible with the quad-core chip. Oh well, hopefully this SGSIII is going to meet the standards of a true flagship, high-end smartphone. I would LOVE Samsung to make it with a 4.6" Super AMOLED PLUS HD (720p) screen, Quad-Core, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal, with microSD expansion slot, ICS stock, 5MP ff-camera, 12MP rear camera, and so on. Price? may be $300 for it, not bad right? And release in Q4 around the time with iPhone 5.
95. sajithm (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
http://www.galaxys3.in - Samsung Galaxy S3 Specifications