Samsung Galaxy S III design finalized, claims tipster
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2012, 09:26 posted on
Rumor has it that the design of the Samsung Galaxy S III has already been finalized, meaning that production is ready to kick off. The smartphone is expected to sport a ceramic body...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I WILL BYE ON THE DAY IT COMES OUT
57. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
Wow, are you sure you are smart enough to "bye" a smartphone?
65. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
so, only people speaking (and typing) perfect english are smart?
you're being such an american...
77. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
I think your comment about Americans having this type of sentiment is offensive and stereotypical! Please refrain from such generalizations!
3. putes (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I am getting one! Let's hope Sprint is smart enough to be one of first to offer it and not the last one.
35. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Sprint has been the first to release each of the Galaxy phones. I don't see the SIII being any different.
47. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I see 20 billion reasons why Sprint might not be the first to offer this phone.
62. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I do understand your logic, but considering that that 20 billion is based on a 4 year deal that isn't even supposed to become profitable for Sprint until around the end of that 3rd year and beginning of the 4th year, Sprint will have to grab the SIII to make up for the initial loss. Not to mention, with the SIII and the I5 both being available in the 4th quarter...paired with the Unlimited Data that Sprint CANNOT afford to get rid of.......Sprint stands to make a killing!
4. dejahu (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Phone Arena should provide a link which shows in detail the track record of every "insider" who throws out an early-game rumor. Almost like a Win-Loss record of each reporter so their credibility would really be on the line each time they throw out their information. If anything it would dispel a bit of this hype that these Eastern European & Taiwanese outlets try to achieve. Fight the power!
5. WILDCAT1935 (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Mar 2011)
Which fracking carriers? How about numnuts Verizon or are we going to be swamped with more Droid comercials?
6. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
will the specs be better than Galaxy note ?
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Do you really have to even ask that? Let me answer you with a blatant YES. It said quad-core... ceramic casing... HD screen. Already better than the dual-core, plastic Galaxy Note.
Remember this is the flag-ship for Samsung. I highly doubt that the Galaxy Note will even stand a chance against the Samsung Galaxy S III.
64. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I "WANT" a dual core A15 Exynos 5250.
Everyone can brag about quad cores, but in reality a good SoC design is much more important than number of cores.
80. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
chances are that it wont have one and will have a quad core 42xx. the 5xxx are not exactly ready for production and very likley wont be by the time they launch the s3
85. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Quad core in a slim case doesn't leave much room for a big battery (less battery life) .. note is big in size because of 5.3'' screen and has 2500mAh battery with a 1.4Ghz Duel core being one of the fastest to date in smartphone out at the moment ...Faster is not always better these are only mobile phones that only need so much power ...
Plastic takes more of an impacted if dropped rather than ceramic casing...
Also Note is one of the first with a 5.3" HD Super Amoled screen
90. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your logic is off.
the quad core is actually smaller than the dual core exynos in the Note/SGS2. Its more powerful and also 50% more battery efficient since its on a smaller die. It also has a stronger GPU.
93. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Sgs2/Note don't have the same bro .. All of this is roumers till Samsung releases it.
32. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
it would have to be.......i'll still get the Note
36. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I'm getting both...have to have the Note though....My hands deserve a phone that can fill it!
40. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I would only get the Samsung Galaxy Note, if it had the Samsung Exynos dual-core in it. I will pass if it has the Qualcomm S3 in it. Now if it had a Qualcomm S4 Krait dual-core then I would be all over it.
48. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
blah, crapdragon! exynos quadcore is going to be out at nearly the same time as a crapdragon S4 dual core since theyve been delayed. Looks like qualcom failed again.
52. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
since when was the 'delay' anything except a rumor?
82. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
It should have been out by now, or at least had an official launch date. if the delay was not real, Qualcom and HTC would be doing their damndest to get out months before Samsungs Quad core and Dual core Exynos updates. Both of which obliterate the S4 like its not there. The S4 just ever so slightly surpases the exynos in benches.
Once Samsung announces the SGS3, its over. Period. End of game. The Galaxy series is Android's "iphone". It is the hype and sales leader of android.
87. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Let’s not knock the 28nm Qualcomm S4 Krait until it's released. Remember because of the 28nm technology the battery life will be greatly improved. Samsung's latest processors will only be 32nm so at the very minimum Qualcomm has Samsung beat in that department.
This fall the 28nm quad-core S4 Krait with Adreno 320 will be released. That is going to be a very punchy quad-core. Not to mention this summer the 28nm dual-core S4 Krait Pro with Adreno 320 will be released. You know these are very boss processors.
The days of the crapdragon are done. You know that remixfa! Qualcomm is bringing the heat!
91. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your comparing apples and oranges SAE.
The S4 is a def improvement over the S3 for sure. The S4 in real life testing is only a sliver better than the exynos in benchmarks. Theyve done actual benchmarks of the S4 inside the HTC OneS as well as the T3 in the OneX. When its not on a reference board and in a real life with real life bloatware, it does not perform much better at all. Battery life is supposed to be a 40-50% improvement over the S3, not the exynos. The exynos already had a huge battery advantage over the S3 to begin with. So we will see soon how that stacks up.
Qualcom does not use ARM designs so there is not as direct of a correlation between S4 and Exynos as there would be between say an OMAP and exynos, since they are sister chips. Thus, the S4 having a smaller die size than the exynos does not automatically make it a dramatic improvement over the exynos, just over the previous S3 chip.
63. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I refuse to accept any Galaxy line Smartphone with anything less than an Exynos!!!!
55. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
IVE COURSE A15 cortex
maybe dualcore or quadcore
running at 2.0
15. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
LOL @ you ! so no more Xperia S for you ? xD
30. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Only if without Sense and just like the international version specs.
50. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
T-Mobile might get the One X with stock ICS. It might release with them as the next phone for the G-series, and they always have stock Android on that series. And it'll have the quad-core since it's not LTE
70. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
THERE ALL ANDROID
LOVE LIKE THEM ALL
10. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
I don't believe this. As you all know someone spits some crazy rumor and its never true. Whenever you hear final words from Samsung themselves then I can say it will be safe to believe it.
This phone needs to hurry up and get RELEASED!
12. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
last time i missed s2 but this tym im definitely gonna get s3 as soon as the white version get to the stores
23. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
It seems the contemporary market holds the multimedia experience at a higher priority than portability. I tend to disagree. And I think once you pass 4.5 inches, you missed the "sweet spot" mark. It likely won't be much of an issue for women because they carry purses. But, for men, a 4.8" screen just doesn't sound front-pocket friendly. Regardless of how great a phone it may be, size alone will be a big turn off to many.
49. phoneguru (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The phone will be the same size, the screen will just be bigger. Do us all a big favor and pull your phone out of your @$% and look at it. See all that space that's not a screen? Now that will be screen. So now that you don't have anything to whine about what will you say next?
88. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
The Galaxy S II has a height of 4.93". So, by your logic, since "the phone will be the same size" and the S III has a 4.8" screen, you seem to think the Galaxy S III will somehow only have a 0.13" bezel.
When the dimensions are released, then you can talk. Until then, why don't you do us all a favor and pull your phone out of your @&% and put it in your mouth where it belongs.
89. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Scratch that. If the display is 4.8", then the height of the screen, assuming it's a 16:9 HD display, would be roughly 4.46". Which would leave about 0.47" of vertical space for a bezel.
Which I still highly doubt considering the size of the bezel on the S II.
And there has yet to leak an image of the S III that's not a fanmade concept rendering, so there's really no good way of saying how big the bezel will be. I'm quite confident, the S III will be noticeably bigger than the S II, but, until the dimensions leak, debating them is redundant.
14. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
4.8" is making me disappoint, lets see how is the form factor.
71. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
4.8 is to big kind ov
4.3 4.0 4.5 is perfect
16. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm pretty sure that Verizon or AT&T will be the first to offer that monster
92. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
verizon didn't even get the last one, and at&t was last to get the sgs2
17. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
i dont care about plastic body. what matters here is performance. i love my gs2.. all you need is a cool case
18. ryq24 (Posts: 698; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
just when i was thinking of buying the S2. now i have to wait again.
31. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
do not worry of buying SGS2, SGS2 is going to be very cheap and a "leap" from SGS2 to SGS3 is not so important........SGS2 is still top of the tops :)
so buy freely SGS2
59. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
andddd its still $200 from Sprint. Grumble grumble
19. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This is also the man who said ICS would be released first of March.