Samsung Galaxy S III becomes Phones 4U’s best selling 2012 smartphone in mere 24 hours
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 10:08 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is not only the most anticipated Android smartphone of the year - it already hit 9 million pre-orders with carriers, and now in a mere 24 hours after its…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
I guess people are starting to move to bigger screens for sure..
Cant wait for it to come to the US ill be in line to get me one for sure!!
4. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Still not a big fan of big screens. I prefer a phone that could fit in my jean pocket. Ideally the perfect sized screen has to be about 4.2 inches for me.
11. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it all depends on the bezel size. If its a slim bezel like the SGS3, i can take the bigger screen size, but if its a huge chin like an iphone or the LG G2X, forget it.
17. kshell1 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I had the G2x, the bezel was awful. Now my infuse has little to no bezel and is great.
20. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
well i find that with more people that i speak with are getting bigger screens.. 4.3 is more like a standard now
..the epic touch is becoming more popular than any other phone here at sprint, and these are people that are coming from iphones or smaller android devices
3. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Not bad for a "disappointing, let down" of a phone.
5. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Yeah, not bad for a company who is the most innovative and one step above than every other mobile companies right now.. I'm still waiting for Apple, HTC, Motorola, Sony, LG to build their own processor, display (exception of LG & Sony), flash memory, DRAM, etc. to match what Samsung brings to the table.. Like may techies out there, you can tweak the software, but not the hardware..
7. hung2900 (Posts: 714; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I agree for the first part. Samsung is one of the most innovative company in the world now. ~ $40 billion into R&D (2012) is a huge investment. Samsung has just claimed a breakthrough in graphene development, by creating a semiconductor from the material.
About the 2nd part, at least Apple products are on par with SS products in term of hardware quality. Apple has their own platform and their own chip design which can optimize their software. And another important thing: They has money for buying the latest hardware.
13. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The only reason that Apple product parts are on par with samsung parts, is because samsung makes them for apple.. lol.
51. choybrwn22 (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
ur comment have me rotflmao caz its so tru #loyalsamsungfan....
10. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Wow you and everybody else who thumbed me down don't understand what quotation marks are for.
12. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i thumbed you up immediately. I got your sarcasm. :)
15. AFnerdTP (Posts: 82; Member since: 15 May 2012)
either they didn't get it, or they think gs3 is indeed "disappointing"
21. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
lmao im guilty of thumbing you down! and was gonna reply too... at first glance it looks negative but then i stopped and saw the quotations.. it was to late to take the thumb off lol
27. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
It's cool. I get misunderstood a lot on these things.
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well dont try to be what you are not....
33. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why not? you try to be relevant, gallito. lol.
43. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and I have been . you just havent been around..
47. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
What are you talkin about? My screen name? I don't know about you but I'm not "trying to be" my screen name. It's just that.
54. Galen20K (Posts: 504; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
i got what you meant also, totally thumbs up'ed you as well Pimp - D
6. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow while overseas they have Just Update My Phone programs for every six months, while here in the US, Sprint one of the last carriers that offered any kind of upgrade program killed it off. I guess it isn't bad to wait every 20-22 months for a new phone upgrade. Everyone else just LOL's at US carriers and I finally see why, its a shame how our carriers have us locked into their web on contracts and phones.
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
gave it a few months and will and can also add the biggest disappointed
24. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1469; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Next to what your mother thinks of you ;)
28. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why you talk on experience..
ps. just thumb me down on move on,, don't have time for your childish comments
42. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1469; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm sorry i was jk, didn't mean for you to take it personally
44. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is ok man, but just dont talk about my mom... thats all.. but we are cool
30. networkdood (Posts: 5505; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, another dumb post from the resident troll - All of the Galaxy phones have been successful to date - the Captivate is still sold at att.com.
Do not call out others as childish as you will look hypocritical.
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why don't you fandroids just thumb me down and leave.... you out of all people calling me out with nothing other than your opinion.. you are no different than me.. we just have different taste in OS... for your information the Nexus have been more successful than the Galaxy line... so for being a flagship device.. are not the most sold by Samsung....
37. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
where have you read that the nexus sells more than the galaxy line
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
remix told me one time. that the nexuses were the most selling android phones of all time... I could be wrong .. I mean this info came from remix..
46. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
usually i agree with remix but honeslty i think if thats what he said then he is wrong as i have not read any article that states that the nexus phone is the best selling android..dont you think google would be announcing the sold x number of nexus's if they really were selling in the millions...i would bet that the note is selling more the the nexus and thats suppose to be a niche device...as good as the nexus are to the geeks i just dont think they attract the ''normal'' people
50. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
honestly I don't follow Android much.. I only know what comes out of you guys.. I was trolling a Nexus article . and remix stated that the Nexus brand sold very well, in fact more than any Android phone. that includes the Galaxy... but I have a feeling that he will backpedal on this... I want Android to do good... that way Apple does better and is a win win for everyone regardless of OS... well except for Windows phones...
56. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
gallito, please find the source to quote me on that. u know i never said that.
The highest selling androids of all time are the SGS1, SGS2, and the SGS3.
The nexus are among the highest respected for its developer branding, but they are not even in the charts of highest selling. The galaxy nexus may sell well since its on VZW directly, but they havent released any numbers.
9. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Smh wheres our j.u.m.p program?! Nd kudos to Samsung yet again.
16. VladUK (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I'm not really amazed with SGS3 as I had a chance to play with it in the shop, the seller was trying to "impress me" with pop up video play while you doing something else for example browsing, reading text messages ( if you ask me utterly unimportant feature, as video is to small to see and it does block screen about a 1/4 of it )
S Voice is so badly done half of the time doesn't even know what to do or how to respond...
Touch Wiz boring as hell, hoped they will improve it this time but no...
Also I was expecting far bit more from Samsung this time since SGS2 not to use plastic but they done it again.
19. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
if only more people were like you and didnt want the s3 then just maybe i would have had my s3 by now lol
22. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
What do you expect from a phone that comes out a year after?
So far VS GS2:
1) Better Performance? Yes
2) Bigger Screen? Yes
3) Better connectivity? Yes
4) Better call quality? Yes
5) Higher store capacity? Yes
6) Better software? Yes
7) Better battery life? Yes
8) Better price? No
9) Better design? No, but ergonomic
10) Better build quality? Same
Really don't understand what you want from this phone...A holo projector? Inter-stellar drive? A phaser? A talking muppet? A living secretary?
38. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
other than plus screen the s3 in my eyes delivered,i didnt expect a 1080p screen or 2gb ram or a phone made out of metal or something(it wouldnt make sense to make a device that is already large with metal as it would be too heavy for a phone).i think due to the hype there was always going to be disapointment but the funny thing is that when people actually use the phone in person they actually like it...just check verge or engadget and see how they hated the device but when they actually reviewed and saw the phone in person they made a u turn on how they felt about the device...it just proves that you should never judge something unless you have used it yourself
18. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
i wish i could buy the gs3. i was going to buy the oneX the day it was releasing in india but my dad gifted me the gs2 2 days before it. now the gs3 is out to rub my nose in it. i love the gs2. i just wonder how amazing gs3 would be
25. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
man i'm too drunk right n ow. but to be honest.. this is the phone i want ASASP..
31. networkdood (Posts: 5505; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I will be looking forward to the SGS4 or DROID RAZR2 as I am gonna stick with my droid razr until sometime in 2013.
40. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
razr with ics should do you well till then,i would have kept my s2 as it did me just fine and could have lasted me till the s4 but i just need a new phone every 12 month lol...btw ics on the razr looks very nice and is the closest to stock so i think you will enjoy it
35. asooo (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 May 2012)
What is with this Big Ugly Device ?! every one speaks about 4.8 in screen as big thing!!! , Samsung should make a special jeans with big pocket to hold this big ugly smartphone ever!
41. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
unless you where skinny jeans or have baby hands you will have no issue with this phone
49. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2864; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Funny because the Galaxy Note(5.3) is selling very well.
39. taz89 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 May 2011)
so happy my s3 got despatched today so should have my phone next week :)
48. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2864; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Thing I love is that even RAY S states he doesnt like the build quality of the SGS3 vs the One X YET he also admits it is much more comfortable to hold. Let's face it, what are you doing with your cell phone 90% of the time? HOLDING IT. If you feel like it feels cheap, get a cover for it. The SGS3 is so dang thin it won't add much bulk at all.
SGS3's software is unmatched completely when it comes to other android skins. You might not like how Touchwix looks, but look at how fluid and responsive it is. Look how unmatched the web browser is compared to others. Just like the SGS2 before it, Touchwiz stock browser on the SGS3 is amazing.
52. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 334; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
New phone every 6 months?!
WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS IN THE U.S
53. japboy (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
stil want the Samsung Galaxy Note to come on Verizon thats the phone im waiting for. The massive 5.3 inch display and a built in stylus are enough for me right now I have the 4s stll love it but bigger screen with stylus. HELLO.