Samsung Galaxy S III T.V. ad debuts
0. phoneArena 14 May 2012, 13:57 posted on
With the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III coming at the end of this month, the first television commercial for the device has appeared; the 60 second ad focuses on the type of person who would use the device instead of discussing the specs of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DogsGoMeow (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 May 2012)
"designed for humans" no its designed for my dog.
2. abdane (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
why people dont get what it means ??? Designed For Humans means REAL HUMANS, NOT SHEEPS !!! get it ? like iSh*eps, this isnt for them :)
3. DogsGoMeow (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 May 2012)
its called sarcasm... they could have picked a better slogan for it thats all :s
21. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
If that's what they really mean by that, then that's not only just juvenile but plain dumb for a large campaign for what should be a flagship phone.
And if that's not what they mean by that, then it's just a pretty stupid tagline...who else would it be designed for, and what does that even say about the phone anyway?
9. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Designed for humans, by monkeys. :p lol jk.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I dunno, I think it's an excellent ad. People will pay attention to ads that actually seem pleasant to watch sometimes.
20. djg71087 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2010)
I agree, it would have been nice to see a little bit more of the GS3 phone though.
5. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
It's a great ad. The music blends with the visuals. I know it doesnt say much about the specs but it does exactly what an ad is meant for- its catchy, and makes me want the phone. I say this ad is a success
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
After watching this video I have started to think that not only some people (or maybe many people), but Samsung also realizes that Galaxy S III doesn't have successful design.
I don't like Apple as a company, so, please don't say that I'm fan or something... This video just talks about the fact.
8. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The white one looks quite sexy actually. I don't like its glossy back though but should be fine with a nice case.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree with you, it isn't very bad, but I also can't call it successful design. :)
11. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
yes we can't call it successful design.
samsung should have done better because it is a flagship product.
Now I 'LIKE' s3 but if it had better design, I would have 'LOVED' it.
22. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
And "waits til you are asleep"...draw your own conclusions there.
26. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Stalker, creep, who knows what. The wording is just weird and creepy and a very poor choice on the part of the ad agency.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And while you are sleeping Samsung Galaxy S III will find your iPhone and kill it. LOL! :D :D :D
31. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Or perhaps kill you and/or all those loved ones that it follows...
34. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
dude......its talkin bout the smart stay feature which senses your retina..........................once your retina's angle is away from a certain radius of the sensors...................the screen blanks out .........................................rather than pressin the lock key every sec after timin out!!!
This phone might not be a hardware marvel!!! BUT SURELY A SOFTWARE
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Thanks for explanation, but I guess that most (who are interested) already know that, so...
14. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I will get one and continue with the legacy.. The droid will always split the apple into pieces.
28. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
'Droid' is not short for 'Android'. Cheers :)
15. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Remember, if Apple can sell inferior products with great marketing, Samsung can, too. Or, is that copying?
19. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Except this is as horrible marketing as can get. Completely gimmicky, fairly irrelevant, and even just plain weird.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Well.. heartstring pulling or not, they mentioned a lot of the major features. I guess its just the beginning of a series to wet people's appetites for more. I assume we will see more shortly that explain the statements made in this intro commercial.
17. hova1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 May 2012)
the part where the couple placed their galaxys alongside the glass as if their hands connected was quite touching ............ i must say........
43. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
i cant believe that u've got thumbs down..............................i think users abe blindly thumbin down!!
18. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Pretty horrible ad campaign. What is all this "nature", "emotion", "human" stuff in relation to a piece of technology? It's just silly and pretty much idiotic.
And then there's all the "it knows you", "it tracks your loved ones", "it waits til you are asleep"...seriously?! Who came up with this? The phone is your stalker that knows you and tracks you and your loved ones and waiting to do something when you are sleeping? Talk about someone in the marketing department really overlooking the obvious weird connections there. Sad.
23. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you do realize that every one of those statements was touting one of the new features of the Nature UI right?
I fully expect every one of them to have its own commercial explaining the feature in full detail. This was nothing more than a teaser promo.
25. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Whether or not it was related to a feature, it's a very dumb way to even "tease" it. The wording is extremely creepy and obviously so.
And the whole "Nature" thing is just way way overdone, especially these days, and completely unrelated to a mobile phone--marketing gimmick (and an obviously bad one) at that.
It's sand that all these great features and functions of the phone get such bad and gimmicky advertising for them.
35. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That'd be your perversive approach towards the statement phrases which are supposed to give out the features..........................................not explicit info as u claim it to be!! Pervert!!
29. hova1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 May 2012)
@ buggerrer we all get your point , you commented on the topic about 9 times saying the same thing over and over , you can move on now ................thanks
30. twilliams5108 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I am sure when it says " it waits till your asleep", it has something to do with it having a good battery. As in it will last all day until your ready for bed... Maybe.. But I could be wrong.
32. buggerrer (Posts: 294; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
It actually refers to the phone's ability to somehow sense whether or not you are actually looking at it and being able to turn the screen off on its own when it doesn't think you are looking at it anymore. Sounds like an interesting feature if it works well.
However, given the marketing of it, and the whole creepiness part that "it waits til you are asleep" brings to mind, not only does it not advertise it all that well, but it also makes it sound just plain weird.
33. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Back side I will give 5 out of 10 and front side I will give 9 out of 10
37. Iphone4 (unregistered)
not that good ad. you hardly see the phone.
38. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They should have used something similar with the ad of the galaxy note because that strategy might have been effective in selling out their phones rather than "copying" the style of htc one advertisements
39. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
wow! that's a lot of thumb down. who the f**k did this?
40. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i would assume our local itroll morons and their multiple accounts. some crunchy corn flower shelled troll has no life.
42. Sharon (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Those who are asking 'why humans?'. Does that mean you can't 'hear' what 'they' are saying...ie..what is in your heart is shown BUT 'they' wait till you are asleep. The name of the phone..GALAXY..'they' watch your every move, 'they' watch your loved ones, it is designed for 'humans' though.
I think we have come far enough to know that there is something much bigger going on here. Come on, the commentor who said it meant 'sheeple'..that is partially true of this world today but, go up a level or two as we are not the only 'beings' that exist!! and there are some of us out here that 'hear' what is being relayed.
Never ridicule an
'abductee' again as they may just play a major part in your life with what is coming...and it is coming!!!!