Samsung Galaxy S III Review Q&A: Answers
0. phoneArena 18 May 2012, 03:43 posted on
Alright, people, the time has come for us to give you the answers you've been waiting for! When we posted our Samsung Galaxy S III Review this week, we gave you the opportunity to ask about things you're interested in. Let's not waste any more time and get right to the point...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1547; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Are the screens on the galaxy note and s3 the same? I know that both uses hd super amoled, but are there any differences?
8. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The only real difference is some of the blue pixels are squished closer together so the pentile isn't as noticable even though at this resolution i doubt you could see pixelization anyway. and the note is 1280*800 and sgs3 is 1280*780
11. Bangthering_007 (Posts: 36; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I think SGS3's resolution is 720X1280.
19. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
thanks for the correction, can't stand typos
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Thanx for the answers, very useful. Samsung Galaxy 3 is a great hardware. I wish they provide a Black version of it.
3. shy2papa (Posts: 211; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
ok did samsung incorporate taking picture with the volume rocker like the iphone and since the GS3 did not come with a camera button i feel touch the screen to take pictures every time is really inefficient.
4. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
xperia gx is all the way better than galaxy s3 except that 2100 mah battery and pop up video software
5. al.hbbi (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2012)
will the 64gb version release with 32,16 gb version ? if not when ?
6. sinfiery (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Would you rather have the Sprint SGS3 variant or the EVO 4G LTE?
It seems most of the discrepencies with the One X get resolved with the EVO variant.
You give up 100mAH and a removable battery
You receive a dedicated camera button, and kickstand
Both will run off the S4. Both have aggresive multitasking methods. Both offer LTE on a network that has no LTE.
Would your answer change assuming custom ROMs will be installed?
9. shtat (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2012)
one query please
does the SGSIII has the 3G video call feature like it predecessors sgsi and sgsii ?
or it need a third party application such as fring , skype
10. anillahoti (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2012)
I also have same question whether SGS3 will have 3G video calling feature?
And why does not sony or htc have the same in their android editions...
all of them cite google responsible and google does not want to do anything...
I was a nokia user and have been using video calling extensively but after buying sony xperia s, I am regretting...
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I'm a sucker for two hot asians like that...
14. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
my question wasn't answered about whether you can use the camera whilst in phone calls.
15. gihan779 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 May 2012)
How does SMart Stay work under real life conditions? Please explain.DOes it work as advertised.Pls reply
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
as i read somewhere else basically if you have your screen timeout at 30sec for example,when the screen is suppose to turn off at 30sec it will first check if you are looking at the screen and if you are then the 30sec timeout is cancelled but if you are not looking then it will just turn off...so far everywhere i have read the smart stay is said to work well.
18. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Will the Galaxy S2 get an update for the latest version of TouchWiz found on the Galaxy S3? If so, does that mean it will recieve some of the new features like S Voice and pop-up play etc.
20. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Can someone tell me if the smart stay feature on the gs3 works even in a very dark room? What i mean is can the phone's camera recognize the users eyes in the dark room?
21. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I barely looked at anything other than the chicks :).. they r hoooooot.
22. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
What is is with phone arena hating the Note to the point of basically all but blatantly saying no one should buy it because its too big. Seriously, don't tell us what we should and shouldn't buy, keep your biased opinions to yourselves and just gives the damn straight facts and techincal pluses and minuses of each phone and keep out your freaking "opinions" from effecting the phones scores
23. BharathV (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Any Changes in Rating by PhoneArena for S III Due to Polycarbonate made not made of Plastics???????????????????????