Samsung Galaxy S III Mini to be introduced in Germany on October 11th
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2012, 22:15 posted on
Samsung's German division has just sent out invitations for an event to be held on October 11th; the translation of the invites reads "something small will be really big”, and “get ready for a little sensation” and the stylized S used for Galaxy devices can be seen in the middle of the invitation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The 5 MP shpoter's a downer, but otherwise.... Yeeaaa yuuh!!!!
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Believe me this will capture the midrange segment like wildfire!
2. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I rather get Xperia V. S4 + Awesome camera + curved design + 4.2" HD screen + better build materials (considering most samsung phones are made out of regular plastic).
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea for me its always either HTC or Sony.......the TX and V are going to be awsome no doubt..........But im currently trying to get the Evo 4g lte right now (white verison) looks amazing and is going to be a beast with the jellybean update and sense 4+
as for this galaxy mini? im not too sure this will do well with these specs but well jus have to see
3. bucky (Posts: 2460; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'd love it of it came with the full specs of an international S3 only in 4-4.3" screen size.
5. DerryAhmad (Posts: 273; Member since: 05 May 2012)
They should keep most of the specs of the S III into this new 4" device. Maybe with S4 dual core Krait:
- Dual Core S4 Proc
- 1 Gb RAM
- 8 Mpx
- 4" Super Amoled display with 300+ ppi
- Jelly Bean
- SD Card.
Sell it around US$ 475-500, I'm sure it'll be Samsung's next Best seller.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i was saying the same thing man..........if they want this one to be successful then dont give it crappy specs!...... if they really want to hurt apple.......then they should make the exact same phone (GS3) but with a 4 inch or 4.3 inch build!
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
haven't you see the name "mini" meaning a mid range version of the s3 like the s advance to the s2/s1
10. DerryAhmad (Posts: 273; Member since: 05 May 2012)
That might be what they're planning with the Mini. What they should be doing is releasing a 'bridge' phone between S2 and S 3.
A new contender in the 4" - 4.3" phones. A more affordable S3 but with higher specs than the S2.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
ok... but i think everyone can afford s3 now since its already a 4 month old device! i think some stores already cut down the price..
who knows samsung might make some crazy deal this holiday?
like "buy an s3 take a lot of freebies!" promo...
7. Mountech (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
Hmmm, smaller is great, but I imagine another component that will have to be modified a lot will be the battery, it would have to shrink. That could really be a big sacrifice.
8. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Small change, new phone...flooding the market..just like HTC did last year...
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Stupid move by Samsung.
Totally degrading the S3 name instead of making a true mini version