Samsung Galaxy S III Mini fulls specs, price and release date leak out
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Oct 2012, 06:46
The Samsung Galaxy S III Mini might have just been officially confirmed, but it’s not officially announced yet and we have no details…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Mittal posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:17 11
This price $550 is not justified. Even for Europe!
Only notable feature here is Jelly Bean OTB
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:20 8
The resolution is to low to compete with iPhone 5, not interesting at all.
41. PhenomFaz posted on 10 Oct 2012, 11:31 3
Its not supposed to compete with the iPhone 5 but I thnk they have done a very good job in the mid range segment with the processor, ram, bluetooth, etc
45. fur0n posted on 10 Oct 2012, 17:19 0
well it comes with almost the exact same sepecs at the iphone 5 minus the resolution.
31. Retro-touch posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:25 0
The annoying part is this device guarantees Jelly Bean for S2 which I bought for S300 should be end of November/early December or they'll lose sales
32. mobileharan posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:41 3
I don't think the price is true ... If it is then specs might be higher .. Coz as far as i know Samsung have always placed competitive prices .. They have never overpriced their products ..
39. Mittal posted on 10 Oct 2012, 10:06 0
yes thats y it sounds strange
25. mailbox4eswar posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:01 4
I feel it is nothing but Samsung Galaxy S Duos with high price tag.
52. kartik4u98 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 13:48 0
How can you feel like that??
It has a better processor,more ram,better GPU,better screen..
54. mailbox4eswar posted on 20 Oct 2012, 03:41 0
You are correct. I didn't observe the dual core processor. But I don't think the screen is much different.
But the price didn't convince me anyway. I still feel Galaxy S Duos is well priced and had little disadvantages specs-wise
28. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:20 2
Tell people the reason to choose this phone over $350 HD GNex
2. neutralguy posted on 10 Oct 2012, 06:57 7
a s3 like specs with a 4-inch screen would be epic. :D
15. asulect posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:20 0
But, you also have to remember, smaller phone also mean smaller battery. Samsung made this decision with lower specs because a quad core processor with high res screen do not do well with small battery.
22. neutralguy posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:34 1
bigger battery doesn't always means bigger the size. They could just make the battery denser. Look at motorola razr maxx, maxx hd. Did those phone compromised the size in terms of battery? If they want to, they could fit a 2100mAh battery in that phone.
29. asulect posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:21 0
razr Maxx and maxx hd are 4.7" No? almost the same size as the original GSIII. They are thicker than the non-maxx razr. What is your point here?
33. kshell1 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:42 0
the razr maxx is 4.3"
49. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 10 Oct 2012, 19:36 0
skhell1, in screen size YES. But have you actually put a SGS3 and RAZR/MAXX side by side? SGS3 is only a little bit taller and wider. Motorola used a huge bezel that made the device way bigger than it should have been. But they fixed that with the RAZR M, which has the same screen size but much smaller in overall size.
50. neutralguy posted on 10 Oct 2012, 22:56 0
my point here is that, if they can put a 3300mAh battery on a 4.3" screen phone + its bezel, why not make a 2100mAh for a 4" phone? If they want to, they could. Considering that the s3 mini is not that small anyways given the bezel all around the screen. if they want to, they could. If you can't still comprehend that, I don't know what to say anymore to you, dude, just check out razr m/razr i. And see the difference. there are ways you could use larger capacity batteries on a compact design. It's just up to you if you want to do those ways or just not put some efforts at all.
3. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 10 Oct 2012, 06:58 12
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a 4.65" 720p Super AMOLED HD screen & I can use it with one hand just fine. My wife who is smaller than me can use it with one hand just fine also.
Apple's claim that anything bigger than 4" can't be used with one hand is bogus at best. This Samsung Galaxy S III Mini will do well.
18. rusticguy posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:25 3
True. All this issue of one handed use and smaller screen is just humbug.
24. No_Nonsense posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:53 0
Except when calling, I'm wondering for what do people use one hand while using it.
4. ajac09 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:02 2
zzzzz sorry but you can find the gs3 at low prices if you look hard enough I guess if you want a small screen phone here you go. but I am al labout give me the most I can get so bring on the note 2!
5. infernal88 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:03 6
if those came out to be true ...then im not impressed :/
6. estreito posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:09 2
I guess this should never have been inferior in specs to last year's SGS2...
11. infernal88 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:17 2
in UAE u can get a SGS2 for about 390$-400$ ... which almost has similar specs as the one shown above ...and my opinion that it would be pointless to have this one
7. NAHEK posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:10 2
I can get an S3 for that price 'till Octomber 30th. Maybe if you are pretty rich and want 4.0", but i'm pretty sure there are cheaper phones with the same specs with 4"..
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:11 0
I'm not impressed with the processor...feels old!
9. Gurmat posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:16 0
Ya, this phone must be priced at $400 or less, cos Galaxy S Advance having similar specs (Only ram is 768mb and bluetooth 3.0) is retailing around $345 in India.
10. rusticguy posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:17 0
In same money (550) one can get XPERIA ACRO S on ebay in India. Acro S is far better than this.
13. jeroome86 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:17 0
Should of gave it better specs. Still prefer the S3 over this
17. rickywinataa posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:23 0
$550 ?!?! i like samsung but this is ridiculous, i will get htc one s rather than this any day
19. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:25 0
PA, Is STE U8420 a typo??
Because no such cpu exists on the wiki page of NovaThor..
20. brock8687 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:28 0
Big Big Disappointment especially for its price!!!! Lower mid range device exorbitantly priced.... would go to and S2 or an xperia s/sl over this any day!!! A "mini" device with "mini" specs with a "mini" price range would have done the trick I guess...... but not to be I guess!!!
21. Ragnarockd posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:28 0
So it seems like s3's Big brother and Little brother are gonna storm the market.
23. ILikeBubbles posted on 10 Oct 2012, 07:41 0
Why do the specs on the 'mini' have to be nerfed? Is there no such thing as a high end smartphone anymore that isn't the size of my forearm?
27. zeljonsu posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:14 0
I guess this is the true successor to the Galaxy W GT-I8150 (rumored as Galaxy SII Mini before) and not the Ace 2 GT-I8160..... :)
30. Rexperia posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:24 0
500 USD...what..?? i'll go with xperia SL, way better than this and almost equal price..
34. proto posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:49 0
This is bulls**t.. it looks like galaxy s advance specs not s3 mini o.O
35. PhansMuneeb posted on 10 Oct 2012, 09:17 0
I thought it will be $300-380.
Really disappointed if this is the price.
Well still i will read official price because these are rumors.
36. Vikranth posted on 10 Oct 2012, 09:31 0
s**t...S2 is better....S3 mini buyers are losers...
37. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Oct 2012, 09:36 0
Samsung needs to learn from Moto on how to make a mid-range handset.
40. sjtempo9x posted on 10 Oct 2012, 10:56 0
why not 8mpx camera SamSung? why?
design, screen res, ram, is ok with me but just 5mpx?
now i must wait to the G Nexus 2 or may be LG Nexus :(
42. medomoo posted on 10 Oct 2012, 13:35 0
This will be almost same "Galaxy S Duos S7562" !!!!!!!!!
43. saiki4116 posted on 10 Oct 2012, 13:50 0
the specs are ditto like galaxy s advance,which costs near 400$ in India.I dont think so,they will price that higher...
44. jamiedroid posted on 10 Oct 2012, 14:29 0
this is retarded, this is no competitor to the iPhone 5! it should have had the same specs, except for the smaller screen
48. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 10 Oct 2012, 18:57 0
looks really ugly!! and the heck with the price? its too much for a mid-range! and ST ericson chips? LOL
51. J1919 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 02:15 0
This phone seems feels so pointless. It's lower spec'd than the S2 (which is getting JB) and cost more than it... does not compute. Screen size is the only thing in it's favor I guess.
53. jchuamanl posted on 12 Oct 2012, 08:49 0
I think the problem with this phone is the name because this phone has more in common with the Galaxy Mini than the SIII: a slower processor, a camera with less megapixels, less screen resolution, no LTE, etc. So it's more an enhanced Mini than a smaller SIII. But I don't think this is a bad phone for an entry level. I have a Galaxy Mini just for calling and sending SMS and emails, but for reading, browsing the web and playing some games I have a 7 inch tablet and that combination works for me.
The thing that I don't like besides the low resolution is the price, if the price in Europe for the unlocked version is over $500, I don't want to imagine how much would it cost in South America.