Samsung Galaxy S III Hands-on
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 17:29 posted on
There she is, folks, the phone that we've been waiting for so long has finally arrived - the Samsung Galaxy S III itself! Introduced at a glamorous event in London, the Galaxy S III comes to freshen up Samsung's flagship Android handset offering, and it really brings a ton of new features...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I love the new Galaxy, I admit the One X looks better but the S3 kills it on everything else. And btw, i like the white version better I dont know about you guys.
14. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I agreed the s3 in white white looks better, The htc one x is a better design also
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its all going to be in a case anyways lol
32. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Agree one looks better but I don't buy phones on the basis of looks.
35. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I was disappointed about the phone design as well...arrrgg but still gonna get this quad version of S3 :) the white version look nice tho
was considering OneX but two things drive me away is non-removable battery (i dont care what others think about!) and no expansive card support!
43. cheetah2k (limited) (Posts: 1586; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Looks nice, but after all the hype, I'm kinda underwhelmed to be honest. Looking at the initial benchmarks, I thought the Exynos would be faster than the global One X's Tegra III too, but instead its just on par or slightly slower.
I think the SGS 2's unveiling had a much larger impact.
Hopefully Samsung can introduce the i9800 with quad A15's later in the year :) Now that would be sweeeet!
51. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Found the actual performance preview and yes confirms S3 is the fastest:
91. darkknight (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
No matter what you or we like or great, phonearena people will say copmaring to iphone the sgsIII is great but still IP is better.
2. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
touch wiz is soooooooooooooo cheezy!!! aaaarrrghh!! haha
good thing android is big on custom ROMS...
but my god this phone is nice!
if i was up for an upgrade it would be hard to decide SGS3 or HTC OneX
i'm sure sammy will sell plenty!
11. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
They will sell a lot. If the S3 and X One were even to me I would go with the HTC every time. Samsung sucks at putting out updates.
38. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm. samsung is beating HTC when it comes to ICS upgrades. The SGS2 already has it and is spreading it around. Wheres the Amaze/evo/sensation ICS upgrades?
44. wendygarett (unregistered)
you mean galaxy nexus? lol
63. leftheodo (Posts: 99; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
The sensation (international version) got the update BEFORE the galaxy s 2. Where's the OG Galaxy S's update? Cause the DHD and Des S are getting ICS officialy :P
67. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the sgs1 is 2 years old. talk to me when those other devices actually get the update not just a rumor of an update.
besides the sgs1 was one of the first devices ICS was unofficially ported to. I've been running ICS since early December and I waitied 7 versions before jumping on.
64. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Amaze 4G, Sensation/Sensation XE, Vivid/Raider 4G, Rezound, and Sensation XL already got ICS updates or leaked updates.
Samsung has pushed updates only to the international SGS2.
HTC is supporting their Desire HD, Desire S, Incredible S/Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, and the Rhyme. The only phones not getting ICS upgrades are because they literally do not have the internal storage to hold ICS and be able to install applications. (OG Desire, Evo 4G, Droid Inc1, etc.)
66. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hunter, I work for T-Mobile .. not a single tmobile HTC phone has the update officially.. in fact I don't think any American HTC device does.
all Samsung devices that are getting ics have unnofficial updates as well.. Samsung freely gives them to the community throughwww.samsungfirmware.com.
the difference is Samsung devices are already in official upgrade roll out stages for at least its flagship with the rest shortly behind where HTC is still in testing phases
71. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
The Vivid already has ICS, the Amaze has a leaked build available, and the Sensation 4G can run the WWE release for ICS with everything but wifi calling fully functional.
Learn more about the products you sell.
74. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1) i dont sell the Vivid
2) I SAID OFFICIAL UPDATE, LEARN TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.
3) 90% of actual customers have no idea how to root and install roms, so it DOESNT MATTER. If its not official, its not official.. period.
4) I have no idea what a "WWE ICS" is, but the sensation does not have an OFFICIAL release.
why do people always try to buck up to me with wrong info?? if your going to challenge me on something and throw some sass, please do your homework first.
76. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
1. Then don't make broad generalizations.
2. They're functionally the same when you have a leaked ruu. Just up to the customer to download and run it at their own risk.
3. Those who care can get it without rooting or risking warranty as long as there is a leaked ruu.
4. The WWE is worldwide English rom versions, and the Sensation 4G is exactly the same as international variants with only changed antennas.
78. KParks23 (Posts: 629; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Yea remixfa. enjoy making ur 10$ a hour and coming to phone arena acting like a hard ass throwing around ur knowledge on tmobile phones lmao!!
79. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
sensations already got the update before the update for the S2 was announced lol. my friend updated his Sansation XE in February
28. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Thats the beauty of android,you don't like one launcher or style,you can simply download a completely different launcher and ui for your phone
39. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
exactly. Thats why hardware is more important to me than anything else with android. I can change it however i want, but i cant change the hardware.
65. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Too bad the versions sold in the US will have S4 Krait anyway.
68. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I'm not buying an Lte version.
nor am I buying an s4 downgraded version.