Samsung Galaxy S III Developer Edition now available for Verizon users
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 21:10 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III Developer Edition is now available for Verizon customers with a bootloader easy to unlock; the 16GB version is $600 while the 32GB model will cost you $650 for the phone that was originally announced back in July...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tedkord (Posts: 3782; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm gonna run right out and buy this puppy...
Oh, wait. No I'm not, since the devs at XDA unlocked the bootloader on the Verizon GS3 a month ago. Nice try, Verizon, but XDA>your sorry ass.
3. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Yeah, using the PC program you can easily root the SGG III, and then use the EZ Unlock app to unlock or relock the bootloader in one click.
5. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
The thing we should worry about when it comes to flashing and modding is them flash counters... a sales rep at verizon can easily scan if the phone's been flashed. So this Dev Version may not have that boot flash counter...
8. kanagadeepan (Posts: 565; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Even if the Dev-Ed phone lacks flash-counter its useless, as it has almost NO warranty...
4. ninjawill (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2012)
It would be so crummy if devs from xda only bought these dev phones. So many of us would be screwed.
6. ChafedBanana (Posts: 350; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
That's funny that unlocking it will void the warranty. That's the whole point. Why even offer it with a warranty at all? Nobody buys this developer's version to not unlock it. Stupid. I'll take a 32.
7. Forsaken77 (Posts: 542; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Being that it's a "Developer Edition" phone, they shouldn't even lock the bootloader. And to void the warranty? On a phone that's sole purpose is development? RIDICULOUS!!!