Samsung Galaxy S III Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update rolls out in South Korea
If we take this as any indication, the update to the Galaxy S III for other countries should be even closer to reality now.
The update in Korea is rolling out through Samsung’s Kies desktop software but it should also be available over the air.
source: Samsung Tomorrow via PocketNow
1. prakesh posted on 09 Oct 2012, 06:08 2
wow starting to roll in asia, bring it to philippines cant wait to upgrade with my s3.
7. PhenomFaz posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:35 1
yum yum i just finished my ice cream sandwich...time for some jelly bean goodness :)
2. PapaSmurf posted on 09 Oct 2012, 06:15 4
The US won't see it until late Nov.
Verizon is going to roll it out in 2014.
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 09 Oct 2012, 06:42 3
I suspect that the fastest way to get a JB-packing Sammy phone from VZW will be to get the Note II. Or, wait for the GS IV to ship in 2013.
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 09 Oct 2012, 06:18 2
(Groaning) watching articles about the JB upgrade roll-out to different regions is going to be as painful as waiting for the GS III to release on VZW in the U.S. At least the GS III had a simultaneous release in the U.S.
Unfortunately, I suspect JB will come to VZW GS IIIs last. :-(
6. TROLL (limited) 3 days ago posted on 09 Oct 2012, 07:27 1
I;m enjoying the the custom ROM of JB, and and it's faster than the standard of JB, cause it's clocked at 1.8Ghz.
9. Ragnarockd posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:55 1
If you run the benchmark you will get a score close to optimus G. I got 7765 on quadrant on 1.7ghz on s3 :)
10. ChafedBanana posted on 09 Oct 2012, 09:52 1
Closer to reality, sure, except for Verizon. Come on, be 1st to get an update instead of last. Here's your chance.