Samsung Galaxy S III: 30 million units sold
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2012, 23:01 posted on
Thursday night Samsung was celebrating the 3 million units of the Samsung GALAXY Note II that have been sold globally in the first month after its launch; 24 hours later, Samsung is spreading the word that 30 million units of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S III have been purchased...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Agreed but iPhone is now old school brother.
20. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Of course not for you because you are old too :p
75. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and you know that?? tried to have a decent conversation but is imposible with a fandroid
93. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Galli was right. Why the thumbs down every-1....?
i love the S3 & iP5
He was being neutral..
22. jroc74 (Posts: 4936; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You know one must be bad when this gets the red thumb...lol...
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, they both are great offerings. Though, I believe the Nexus would take a decent chunk of sales from both of them if it was released on all major carriers, but that would only happen if Google could make a deal with all the carriers for updates like Apple does.
At least T-Mobile is going to officially sell the Nexus 4, and I'm guessing it's still going to be a pure Google device with no carrier delays. Now if only Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon would agree to Google's demands as well...
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1352; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It will sell atleast another 10 million before its successor arrives
15. yoyo93 (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
A tribute to Samsung and apple fanboys . Just replace Obama with Samsung or apple.
18. TheMan (Posts: 407; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
"Already there has been speculation that the Galaxy S IV will sport a 13MP camera and be powered by a quad-core Exynos 5450 Cortex A15-based chip."
You know you have a franchise on your hands when the blogosphere begins speculating on specs on the next generation.
23. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
No fruit is gonna touch Samsung period.Proud owner of the GS III...GNote II coming soon
24. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I am proud to be one of those 30 million! :D
28. x88yunkw (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Human usual practise, do what many others do.
Nokia hot, all buy nokia
Iphone hot, buy iphone
Time for sammy now.
30m is not the end, still long way to go b4 s4 coming.
Personal view, s3 can hit 40m and s4 hit 50m at least.
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
S3 will hit 50 million at least
It's out just for 5 months and it's not slowing down yet
30. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
"four out of the the 5 best selling weeks for the Samsung Galaxy S III came after the launch of the Apple iPhone 5."
So much for the iPhone effect!!
39. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Nicely done Sammy. Loving mine on Jellybean. :)
95. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And me2. Rooted and over-clocked, and running at 1.8ghz
40. osaFromJava (Posts: 34; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Good job Sammi!!
And we will hear same news from nexus 4 in coming months..
43. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If the SGS4 is not a big upgrade over the 3 then I may get it in July...should be dirt cheap - of course, Verizon finally has a real good selection of Android phones and should be better by then.
44. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I wish the Nexus phones were sold by every carrier...
45. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Samsung has become the "New Apple" of the mobile industry.................hopefully, they're not going to become like Apple and not remain innovative
I love it. Samsung has changed the mobile industry with phones (Note and Note II) as well as features (S-Beam and S-Pen functionality). Technology will change as much as the weather so you have to stay ahead of the curve to make money and remain relevant
Otherwise you'll be pushed aside the waste side like Blackberry and Apple (unfortunately)
52. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
The S Pen reminds me of my Palm Pilot back in the 90s and the Treo 700p.Sammy brought it back to a new level
47. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Congratz Sammy! You'll give one more to add to the figure. My wife wants one for her upgrade.
51. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Apple has already won the award for PLAYA HATER OF THE YEAR for having ale w/Samsung,HTC,and Motorola.You tried to ban the GS III,Note,GS II & the Note II til people started seeing "Hey this phone must be good if Apple trying to get it banned"!So add this w/everyone emptied their bank accts to get the GS III after seeing it first hand and on YT and voila the No 1 smartphone and 30,000,000 sold.
The GNote II 3,000,000 in 37 days and counting...with or w/o Tmobile or any other carrier as of yet..
53. CreeDiddy (Posts: 306; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
30 million sold worldwide is great number, but the iPhone 5 alone will do 50-60 million before end of this year, in which will be under 100 days. I believe the SIV will be on another level in March.
55. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 386; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I've been itching to get a new phone, but I can't until March! And I definitely don't want to wait any longer, but by then the Galaxy S IV will be around the corner and I'd be kicking myself if I got a III. One way or another I'd like ti boost those numbers up!
68. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow I m so happy for samsung.but right now I m using galaxy s2 and waiting for official launch of galaxy s4
79. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Perhaps even more significantly, SGS II also is still Samsung's second best selling phone!
I think the S2 is approaching the 40m mark, and with S3 more than doubling its success so far I think it's safe to say the S3 will reach well over 60 million units by the end of its life cycle
85. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2330; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That's pretty amazing. Thanks for the find. I can't believe the S2 is still 3rd on ANY chart after a year & a half. Impressive!
91. theo14461 (Posts: 165; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Galaxy S III is nice, LG Optimus G, better.