Samsung Galaxy S II officially confirmed: dual-core chipset, 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Feb 2011, 12:14
Ladies and gents, the long-awaited Samsung Galaxy S II is finally official! The handset will come with a a dual-core 1GHz processor powering Gingerbread on a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. willywill_evo posted on 13 Feb 2011, 12:21 2
anybody got a idea for what phone carrier this sexy thin smartphone will go....my guess is AT&T
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:32 0
I would hope they would release to all carriers. Doing otherwise would be kind of like snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Samsung doesn't strike me as being stupid. If they have their production ramped up and are ready to sell immediately on release, they could have a real hit. Especially if the benchmarks are competitive.
10. luis_lopez_351 posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:11 1
yes its att since they are going to be the bomb running HSPA+ and LTE :) unlike verizon CDMA and LTE :( and i doubt sprint because wimax is going to be dropped for LTE :D(itsa guess with supporting evidence, not a fact so dont hate;])
26. idan (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 00:53 0
if the specs are to be believed quadband hsdpa should allow us north americans to sample unlocked versions right away together with europe and asia.
2. moofoodooloo posted on 13 Feb 2011, 12:27 0
I'm crossing my fingers Sprint gets the rights to this.. we need this right now.
11. Droid_X_Doug posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:28 0
Second. Especially on the heels of the joke of a release of the thingy with 2 screens....
28. dj (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 02:15 0
sprint will get this. but not without a bulky keyboard.
3. sergio1990 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 12:31 0
I'm really disappointed about it :-( I hoped it would have Samsung's powerhouse: Orion or Exhynon or whatever it is called now. Still, Tegra 2 is quite powerful and phone looks quite slick. I think Motorola Atrix 4G is the real beast for know, but time and pricing will tell who is the best :-)
22. pleasereadthearticles (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 19:21 2
Obviously you didn't read. It said it IS going to have Samsung's dual core chip in it.....please read before commenting.
30. sam (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:40 0
Dude, let him be! the poor guy made that comment when in fact the article talked about tegra 2 (it was updated later to reflect exynos! (and i had the old page as one of the tab in my browser to confirm that!)
PhoneArena ought to leave an "update" or an "edited" note if they change any content!
5. Kakarotto posted on 13 Feb 2011, 12:45 4
You will be happy because it has Exynos, not Tegra 2. ;)
17. sergio1990 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:30 0
I hope you're right :-)
6. Makapiapia posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:00 0
Hope it's not made out of plastic. How big is the batt?
27. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Feb 2011, 01:42 0
I am wondering about the battery as well. Thin form factor doesn't exactly make for large battery capacity.
7. tiger4j (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:02 0
Yes, pretty sure they said quad core gpu. That would be mali 400 in exynos aka orion.
8. luis_lopez_351 posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:07 0
OH BABY!!! x] yeah samsung getting it together :)
9. pcman1911 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:09 0
nope. not made of plastic this time. check out the backshots of this phone...
13. sergio1990 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:37 0
I hope it is indeed Samsung's Exynos :-) It will make this phone go flying!!!
14. sam (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:49 0
Did you even READ the article?
16. sergio1990 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:19 0
Yes, but it was some hours ago. Then this article stated it has Tegra 2 and after few hours it changed to it's current state.
24. sam (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 23:26 0
sergio, you were right!
besides, even now the article still says "Most likely Samsung's Exynos"
I guess I'll have my fingers crossed as well! ;)
Along with these sweet specs, I really wished however for a stock Android! No more delays from Sammy's end! Now that would be, like ppl say "Bitchin!"
15. lol (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:07 1
WoW o_o but still there is something wrong 4.3" and resulation of 480x800! I know it's superAMOLED but it's not enough for this big screen I hope there's no pixels like galaxy s1
18. tj2077 (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:46 0
sadly I fear verizon will avoid this to funnel people to their iphone
19. giantgnome posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:51 0
Why would Verizon need to funnel people to their iPhone? People who want an iphone will get an iphone anyways, people who want the S2 may now consider a different carrier if Verizon decides to pass on this.
20. Zach (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 15:06 0
Will it be 4g??
21. @?@?@?@?@?@?@ (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 18:32 0
HOOOOOOOLLLLYYYYY COOOOOWWW!!!!! man, i want this phone. VZW better get it or else. well, maybe not or else but i really really want this. Good job Samsung. i've got your 1st version, i will jump to get the 2nd!!!
23. Ananta (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 19:40 0
India launch this month I hope?
25. Eingild (unregistered) posted on 13 Feb 2011, 23:54 0
Any word on Bada 2.0?
31. jacremes (unregistered) posted on 10 Mar 2011, 00:11 0
Fyi the battery is 1650 mAh. Lets hope to God seidio makes an extended battery for this and it goes to verizon. All my phone dreams would come true! Then I could have the samsung suite wiith the 10.1 and my s2:)