Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note to get Ice Cream Sandwich in Q1 of 2012, more devices to follow
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Dec 2011, 04:09
Samsung just posted on its Facebook page a list of Galaxy smartphones and tablets that are definitely going to get an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future. The Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wansuk posted on 20 Dec 2011, 04:37 0 0
nice man.... cant wait for the update... hope it will be early of the 1st quarter....
2. anirudhshirsat97 posted on 20 Dec 2011, 05:23 1 0
Can't wait for the it although I would have preferred a better version of touch wiz than the current one. Otherwise it would. Just cover up the beauty of. The os.
3. Retro-touch posted on 20 Dec 2011, 05:28 0 0
i'm already running ICS 4.0.3 (ICSSGS Beta 3) on my Captivate but I'd love it if they confirmed they are going to update the Galaxy S line and provide an official version. I am in love with ICS its a great OS and it would suck if others who own the original Galaxy S's missed this
5. roldefol posted on 20 Dec 2011, 07:15 0 0
If the Nexus S can run it, the entire SGS line should get it too. Unfortunately here in the US we're at the mercy of the carriers who bloated up their versions.
7. cappy718 posted on 20 Dec 2011, 08:59 0 0
Motorola...HELLO?!?!? Next summer for ICS update for Bionic and RAZR....sigh...
8. roldefol posted on 20 Dec 2011, 09:47 0 0
Curious to see who gets their ICS out first, HTC or Moto...I thought Sense was the more intrusive skin. Maybe GingerBlur is heavier than we thought.
9. Forsaken77 posted on 20 Dec 2011, 13:25 1 0
Something tells me this isn't the U.S. versions. Samsung has the updates ready but the carriers screw it all up. Google should implement into the OS that EVERY app is removable, even bloatware. So that way the carriers wouldn't be able to lock their garbage into the phone, taking up valuable space.
12. Ivan6479 posted on 22 Dec 2011, 10:27 0 0
I totally agree, but can't you unlock the boot-loader and remove whatever you'd like?
10. readingthissh1t posted on 20 Dec 2011, 13:30 1 0
not to be a buzzkillington but i'd take it with a grain of salt.
11. gallitoking posted on 20 Dec 2011, 17:48 0 1
if a had a penny for every time Samsung says will update their phones on time....
13. bvalde09 posted on 31 Dec 2011, 01:01 0 0
MMM Im wondering will this be like an update over the Air or they will have a file. :S I mean I currently have a S2 and I will love to see it with Ice Cream Sandwich. :D :D