Samsung Galaxy S II US release date set for August
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:06
Land of the free and home of the brave, America is, but sadly that doesn't include Samsung's latest brave flagship, the Galaxy S II. We've been waiting for the dual-core phone for months, but now the end of the waiting is near…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JayLeBlanc posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:20 8
I hope it's not changed drastically from the international version
53. dj (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 06:55 0
we all hope its not changed drastically but lets be serious. from the ridiculous names to the keyboards and perhaps a 4.5 inch screen, these phones will be changed. that is the point of the delay...
2. jake (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:25 3
I hope samsung keep the same processor...and also I hope they make a white version.
49. GoldenCorral (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:38 1
Apple's head would explode if Samsung made a white verson of this thing.
3. Better late than never (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:25 5
5. alecgale posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:31 2
now i'm back to not sure either bionic or function and i really don't want to wait so i might just get the first one that comes out
13. snowgator posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:27 0
Most likely the Bionic, but after waiting this long- why not a couple more weeks to be sure you are happy for two years? Both the Bionic and the Function will be great devices- wait on them both and let the best dual-core monster win!! Would be curious to see which one you would pick!!
6. rocko0011 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:34 8
Apples s**ttin themselves I bet lmao....tried 2 ban the phone but its inevitable.
28. iosmaster posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:41 1
iphone5 my friend, will make this phone feel like a cheap piece of plastic
31. rocko0011 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:10 1
Plastic my friend is more durable than metal....and you'd better hope iphone5 is better because SGSII been out for a couple months now. Apples had plenty of time to add more features. Even if iphone5 beats this phone (which i doubt) SGS3 is soon to come my friend so no worries here :)
48. droideatsapples (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:19 0
...and the android phone that comes out a couple of weeks after the iphone5 will make the iphone5 feel like an overpriced brick.
7. kutz (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:51 4
Motorola better make some moves if they expect this Bionic to sell.
8. sotos73 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:04 4
Finally samsung the best ever phone is landing America!!!!!
29. gallitoking posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:44 0
You mean the United States.. as is already available in Canada and Mexico as well as other countries...
33. Enaisbtsiajwguika (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:25 0
You mean north America? Last time I checked mexico wasn't America it was north America? And united states refers to ourselves as America we even have a song "God bless America" so he's right
57. gallitoking posted on 21 Jul 2011, 10:32 0
well they have a song love is blind ...hmmmm and your point is??... you can believe a song or believe your fourth grade teacher?.. up to you
55. dj (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 07:00 0
and i thought within was a terrible name for a phone... thanks us carriers!
10. Synack posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:16 1
ARGHHH! Why did you have to wait so long! If you released it back in May then I could've used it longer to tide me over to the Nexus Prime! Grrrr.
11. Corpsemaker posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:17 1
I bet you Verizon won't get it till October like the Fascinate...
26. hmmm (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:26 0
Fascinate came out in September, didnt it?
12. asdasd (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:18 2
Fragmentation ! f**king troll on the 3 carrier, why take up another name? You are just confusing the consumer...
14. andro (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:30 3
android sales and rise to the top is about to go to a whole new level once this gets released,Apple will sue
15. pandamaja (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 09:55 0
iiiiii'll shut my mouth now
18. pandamaja (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 10:50 0
No word on LTE yet. Verizon just put out a number of non-LTE motorola phones. But Sammy already has an LTE capable device out. So, hopefully.
19. Alvicious (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:13 1
The Galaxy SII has become almost a mythical creature these days. I mean I have the EVO 3D good phone but thinking about getting the PHOTON 4G for internal memory and better media options. The Galaxy S2 being from Samsung worries me though because of the updates I still have an epic 4g with froyo.
20. WINNNING (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:21 2
This is the droid I was looking for...
21. dissappointing (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:26 0
this is stil dissappointing. no exact date and price. motherf**kers. waiting since forever and telling us to wait even more with giving only little information and a vague time frame. f**k you samsung. the wait is just too long
36. Ivan6479 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:46 1
I totally agree!! This is total bs as far as I'm concerned. Phone Arena should really work on their titles a little better because they're extremely miss leading. When you go out and title an article "Samsung Galaxy S II US release date set for August" that implies that there is a release date set, which clearly there is not. All this article tells us is that we now have to sit around waiting for another month or maybe even a little longer because last time I checked there are 31 days in August, so who the hell really knows which day it will drop. This is pretty crappy of Samsung if you ask me. While the rest of the world gets to sit back and enjoy this little engineering marvel the rest of us in the US have to just sit back with our fingers crossed. That is total bs!! We can only hope that all this wait is for something special like an upgraded processor such as a 1.4GHz Dual Core. One can only hope....
47. kutz (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:14 0
Sammy really screwed us over stateside but I imagine it has to do with the carriers to some degree as well. Either way I just want to buy a different phone out of spite at this point. HTC step in at any time and make something worth drooling over for Verizon who incidentally has the worst phone lineup I've seen.
62. Ivan6479 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 19:01 0
I agree about going with another device just out of spite right about now, but it's hard when AT&T doesn't have many options either. I would much rather be with Verizon and if there plans where a little more reasonable then I would switch in a heart beat! They have more to choose from then AT&T right now though. Anyways I am just keeping my fingers crossed that HTC drops something soon that will be just as good and I would much rather go that route myself seeing how their hardware just seems to be much better quality then that of Samsung and they seem to have a sleek elegance about their devices as well. Not to mention I am a big fan of the notification light since I used to be a BlackBerry user and it came in very handy.
22. Angriest Fatfuck (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:33 1
Nope too late, samsung took way to long. Reminds me of motorolas piece of s**t. f**k it. I'm getting the iphone, at least they make good s**t. I heard samsung copy apple any way, f**king swag thieves. f**k androidn anyway it fails like htc who got caught with. We'll see who (iphone) gets top sales now motherf**kers.
27. hmmm (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:29 0
LOL.... i think you need to go outside and see some sunlight not light from your computer screen... ok thanks
23. Hey Guys! (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:39 0
Let's all buy this phone and go pwn some iNoobs.
24. OMG (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:41 0
I almost died from the pure awesomeness of this news!
30. YEAh !!!!!!!! (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:54 0
F*****K YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
32. Nocoms2 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:11 0
is this phone coming to T-mobile as well ?
37. Ivan6479 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:56 1
No word on a T-mobile version, but the way things are headed you may as join AT&T seeing how its just a matter of time before the merger becomes finalized. :) Then again you could always go ahead and enjoy the new HTC Sensation, which is a pretty sweet device and its actually already available. :) If I had T-mobile I wouldn't sit around waiting for another month that's for sure. I would just go with the HTC, which has a pretty nice new and improved UI.
44. vantenkiest posted on 20 Jul 2011, 16:20 0
tmobile Hercules its pretty much the sgs2 check it out
its here on phone arena
46. Nocoms2 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 17:21 0
thanks for the suggestion my girlfriend has the sensation its great and all but i had my eyes set on samsung galaxy s2
56. Come2T-mobile! (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 08:56 0
I just called T-mobile and they confirmed it will be coming to us "eventually" .... All i needed to hear
34. kilt (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:34 1
well jobby jobs will be kicked to the curb shortly and some blackberry crappy type of CEO will step in and tear the rotten apple to pieces as far as innovation and sales. So anyone who has apples stock, i would unload it before they make any shocking announcements, just saying. FYI the water cooler says, buy GOOG. eh emm. GOOD DAY FANBOYS!!!
35. primeone1 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:34 0
im so glad I waited...almost got the atrix, good to know that apple will have to step it up
38. vidhul (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 14:06 0
Hi there im from india and im usoing sgs2 since 2month and im havi problems wit it like over heating of phone and hanging due to over heating and battery backup is also not good
display and camera is also not good
i would recomend that buy this mobile after one month of releasing daye and read reviews
39. analyst (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 14:14 0
It may just be a faulty set for you. Galaxy S II is the best phone out in the market and i doubt people are going to wait another month to buy one after Apple sued Samsung and made us wait even more.
43. Owlet posted on 20 Jul 2011, 15:50 0
Maybe "grey" device? Don't you have a lot of those in India?
52. orheistrolling (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 20:29 0
or this person is trolling.. LOL
40. Tmachaveli posted on 20 Jul 2011, 14:40 0
That Beast is all most here...there is nothing apple can do about it that's the real reason they wanted to sue because of this mofo right here
41. BigMac meal and a Diet (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 14:46 0
I'm thinking because of fragmentation this phone will not come out soon enough before the Nexus 3 because of it's lack of carrier fragmentation for me to get it. I'll wait the extra month or 2 for the Nexus 3. US cellular carries are their own worst enemies.
42. raphtal (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 15:29 0
5 bucks says one of these carriers will butcher this phone.
54. dj (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 06:58 0
i think he means physical changes such as tacking a keyboard like last time. cyanogen does nothing for that
59. vantenkiest posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:20 0
what do you mean sorry i wasnt really into the mobile life back then.. so what do you mean tacking the keyboard?
50. GoldenCorral (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:45 0
When is the SGSII due out?
61. GoldenCorral (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 11:28 0
Oops. I meant the SGSIII.