Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket brings fireworks inside a man's pocket
0. phoneArena 01 Dec 2011, 13:59 posted on
Samsung didn't name it the Skyrocket for nothing as one of the phones exploded in the owner's pocket; coming a few days after a pair of Apple iPhone 4S models had meltdowns, we wonder if Apple's legal team will once again accuse Samsung of copying Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Hahaha, I like the way you worded the article.
32. Skyrim (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I used to have a phone like you .... Then i took a skyrocket to the knee..
35. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM REFERENCE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
HAHAHA now what do you have to say for yourself? what was that in the earlier thread fandroids?
5. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Look. Nobody claims Android is perfect. Not even "fandroids". On the other hand, the iPhone is the most magical, perfect, amazing device ever to grace the person lucky enough to use it.
That's why it's funny when an iPhone catches on fire...
13. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
im sorry! its just that what are the odds right after an iphone is reportedly exploding a galaxy s2 skyrocket does too? i found it hilarious considering how much trolling there was in the other threads.
14. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I thought that the same goes to android in many cases.
36. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Considering its already been reported multiple times that iphones have exploded and caught on fire, you are an idiot.
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you know.. now the truth is as plain as day.. samsung copies apple's every move.. lololol.
11. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
hahaha.... apple and smasung really headed it with a big bang this year...
24. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hope their plans dont.. fizzle.. out . :)
17. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I liked you had a sense of humor about this
6. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
didnt apple buy designs from samsung some time ago?
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6697; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hmm. It\'ll be interesting if we hear more stories like this from Skyrocket owners. It looks like the problem originated around the battery connection to the phone; a possible short?
8. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i have the skyrocket....... should i worry.
9. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
It's a phone epidemic! Should we take bets on which phone will be next?
10. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
yeap we should ask PA to make a board with all issues so people can bet what's for next weak bug, issue.
12. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I think it could be popular. Like betting on games of who'll win, but for geeks prediciting what will break next :)
15. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
We need also a price or something whoever wins the this weeks contest then get's a price. For example the phone with the issue.
25. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh, now you guys wanna take weekly bets?!?!? lol. just took someone else to offer it huh?
I am so for a "disaster board". That would be hilarious. Especially since you know some tard will go out of his way to "make a disaster" happen just to get 5 minutes of internet fame.
How about it PA? A disaster board for prizes? How about the first one with 3 right gets their choice of a Nexus Prime or i4s?
45. robinrisk (unregistered)
he does not want weekly bets, he wants weakly bets.
16. pyroscott (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Apple already applied for a patent on exploding phones and is suing Samsung and google for infringement this very moment.
20. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
your dumb. This was so original.
21. pyroscott (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
You could at least use the correct homonym if you're going to call someone dumb.
30. Bethistopheles (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I had to log in just to thumbs-up this post. :D
18. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
It wasn't exploded, it was burned by defected battery.
43. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
shouldnt u be thanking apple? after all, they thought of exploding phones first, and samsung is just copying them "like normal" right? :)
44. BReND0 (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
wow They did it again, Phonearena basically sells you on words in the pic what do you see , a tiny burn, lil melting.....
how does "an exploding" phone retain its shape......?
Lame Article.....guy prob got it wet in the bathroom or whatever..
but this points out something to me
Alot of sammy devices are putting NFC in the battery, is that creating a battery connection issue?
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
He bought a skyrocket... it was trying to lift up Houston we have a problem.
Wait I can do better. It's not a design flaw it's a fix feature your phone explodes if it thinks you are not the owner
28. networkdood (Posts: 6250; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, so I know to never bring lithium batteries on board a plane now....matter a fact it has been so long since I last boarded a plane, that the phone I had was an nokia Verizon phone circa 2003.
29. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1553; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
that awkward moment when you have the same burning sensation but its not your phone...
31. downphoenix (Posts: 2268; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I think its Skynet becoming self aware, and one of the first stages of retaliation against mankind is to turn our phones into bombs.
34. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Is that he is a secret agent and forgot to toss the phone away when he got the secret message
37. evanskylerrr (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
for a moment, i thought the guy jizzed in his pants 'cuz of the phone o.o yeah, i have a dirty mind.
38. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
haha... like the way he made the article...
39. rawdeal (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
this scene would be created by iphonearena to taint samsungs image...never heard of any samsung s2 burstouts across the world....the person might have kept his phone in an oven...apple wants samsung chips to make ther phone and accuse samsung of breaching the patent...crap...apple is worried of samsungs growth....apple is infact a gr8 product so do samsung
40. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Will Apple sue Samsung for copying their explosive phones trend?
42. jacko (unregistered)
must be someone that works for apple melted parts to look like it exploded so to make the iphone look not like its the only one doing it
46. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Wow, when an iphone explodes, android fanboys are on it right away against Apple. But when an android phone explodes, android fanboys still diverts the issue against the iphone, lol.
48. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Actually, it looks like most are laughing it off because they realize nature of defective products and the humor of the article, and the situation in general.
Yet, on the Apple side of the scope, they're quick to deny, deflect, decry falsehood, and demure to any explanation Apple gives. (That is if Apple deems it worthy to give one.)
49. senozlu1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Well it looks like that there was short circuit around phone and battery contacts may done by on purpose or liquid damage or incorrect charger was used.