Samsung Galaxy S II Review and more coverage
Click on any of the links below to place yourself right in the middle of the topic that interests you about the Galaxy S II.
We will be doing some more tests, feature overviews and comparisons with it in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to this post for everything Samsung Galaxy S II-related from PhoneArena.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Review: We examine in-depth the Galaxy S II design, features, performance and interface, complete with a video review.
- Samsung Galaxy S II thickness comparison: The Galaxy S II is the thinnest phone with 4.3" display, and we stack it up to some of the other bikini bodies out there.
- Samsung Galaxy S II vs LG Optimus 2X benchmark comparison tests: Dual-core chipset fight through standardized synthetic benchmark testing, we won't spoil the fun, just look it up, with video to prove.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Extreme Unboxing: A job you love needs sacrifice - Samsung UK takes our editor Basil Kronfli to do some unorthodox Extreme Unboxing hanging from a cliff in the Snowdonia mountain range.
- Super AMOLED Plus vs Super AMOLED - to the PenTile matrix and back: We compare the Super AMOLED display on the first Samsung Galaxy S to the new and improved Super AMOLED Plus technology used for the 4.3" screen on the Samsung Galaxy S II.
- NOVA Display vs Super AMOLED Plus vs Retina Display vs IPS-LCD: An extended comparison of the Samsung Galaxy S II screen to the other mobile display technologies out there.
- TouchWiz 4.0 Walkthrough: An epic journey through the newest version of Samsung's TouchWiz Android overlay, with a hefty video review to boot
- Samsung Galaxy S II Photo editor and Video maker apps review: Video maker and Photo editor are now an integral part of TouchWiz 4.0, and we potter about with some media editing for your viewing pleasure
- Samsung Galaxy S II vs LG Optimus 2X vs Nokia N8 vs Apple iPhone 4 - Camera comparison: We pit the snappers on some of the most popular smartphones currently out there against the 8MP camera on the Samsung Galaxy S II
Stay tuned for more home-baked PhoneArena coverage of the Samsung Galaxy S II - one of the finest Android specimen to date.
2. WakaFlakaD posted on 20 May 2011, 04:39 4 0
That comes in handy. Just to browse them all again! But still, this monster needs to show up on T-mobile soon!
24. Ben (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2011, 11:53 0 0
T mobile isnt gonna get it
6. thatboyjay (unregistered) posted on 20 May 2011, 14:49 1 1
Are there any rumored or confirmed dates about when the Galaxy S II is coming to T-Mobile America?
7. WirelessCon posted on 20 May 2011, 15:47 0 0
Impressive now, but if Samsung doesn't get these on the US shores before mid-June the excitement will fade. Millions of iPhone user's contracts end this June, this is a gigantic opportunity for Samsung, and not just for selling units, but attaining something cultural.
8. WirelessCon posted on 20 May 2011, 15:47 0 0
That "attaining" pun was not intended, I apologize for my annoyance.
9. ali (unregistered) posted on 20 May 2011, 18:37 0 0
This is what is on the homepage under the headline of the story :"We are putting together all our home-baked current and future coverage of the excellent Samsung Galaxy..." Yet as always, you cannot find the rest of this sentence in the rest of the story when you clicked on the link.
This is not a coincidence, please check all phonearena.com stories. thats s the same story. You need an editor...
10. hmmmyea (unregistered) posted on 21 May 2011, 12:04 0 0
Well, I heard that Canada might be getting the Galaxy S II before US and thats suppose to be in July. So US might not see Galaxy S II until August or September.... BUt hopefully before that BEEN DYING TO GET THIS PHONE : X!
17. jogutier posted on 24 May 2011, 12:55 1 0
Well I hope this phone is that and more, because by the time it is available here (U.S.). It will be played out, old news, and old software. An you know how Samsung take forever on software updates. They'll probably have Cupcake 6.0 by the time this item is available. :)
18. hmmmyea1 (unregistered) posted on 24 May 2011, 16:31 0 0
Probably they will be talking about the Galaxy SIII by then lol.. anyway the samsung fascinate didnt come out till september so probably be the same for verizon zzzzz