Samsung Galaxy S II Plus might be on the way with beefier 1.5GHz silicon
0. phoneArena 02 Feb 2012, 02:15 posted on
Samsung might have decided to breathe new life in its extremely popular Galaxy S II by following up with a Galaxy S II Plus, where the CPU is bumped to 1.5GHz dual-core, instead of the current 1.2GHz...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You know what would really be nice... If VZW higher ups would wise up and make sure there is a version for us!
11. JGuinan007 (Posts: 649; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Maybe thats who is going to get it in the US
2. LaserTed (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I understand that Samsung is one of the only phone manufactures to post a profit, but I feel that they shouldn't be realeasing so many versions of the Galaxy S phone. First off, it takes so long for the phone to reach the states, that by the time you unbox your brand new Galaxy S II, you're already reading about how much better the S 3 is going to be. How can Samsung expect people to want to by their products when we all know a better version is going to be released far before you will be eligible for an upgrade? I feel like this will eventually catch up to them.
5. asimo (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
S II june 2011, S III most likely june 2012, what's wrong with a 1 year release schedule? Isn't Apple getting back to this too?
7. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
S2 was released in March last year though...?
12. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
The s2 was released in march, and that's laserted's point, it takes long for them to go to us carriers, the t-mo s2 was released in august, 5 months later
3. Nematc (Posts: 28; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Mummy, this bread & ginger I eat last full year. Now give me some ice cream.
6. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
They should just stick with only one new addition to the Galaxy S series a year instead of releasing upgraded variants.
13. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Nice, but I'm happy worth my GS2 that is overclocked & undervolted sith 2 2000 miliamp batteries. I have jucie all day long.