Samsung Galaxy S II HD may be headed to the UK
The device matches up with the specs that we've heard for the Skyrocket HD variant headed to AT&T, which includes LTE and a 4.65" Super AMOLED display rocking a 720p resolution. Additionally, this version headed to the UK has some specs given that weren't for the Skyrocket HD including an NFC chip, an 8MP camera, Bluetooth 3.0, and an 1850 mAh battery. No word on the processor, but we're hoping it will be the same 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU found in the Skyrocket HD.
Obviously, no word on price or availability, but we expect to hear about it soon considering it's widely expected that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be making an appearance and MWC next month.
source: The Next Web
1. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
1.5 GHZ CPU?... Give me a break.. Qualcomm Snapdragon... That´s a waste.
I rather my GS2 1.2 GHZ Exynos all the way...
2. cheetah2k (Posts: 864; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Agreed.. Even a TI chipset like the Galaxy Nexus would have done...... Gotta love that 4.65" screen though... what a winner :)
4. remixfa (Posts: 14123; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the exynos can clock up to 1.5ghz. thats how its clocked in the Note. The only problem is that i dont think the exynos is LTE capable. Unless they move to the new 4212 exynos.. which has at least a decent chance of happening since it started sampling a few months ago.
5. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I´m happy with HSPA up to 21MBPS..... No need for Wimax or LTE
6. remixfa (Posts: 14123; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
exactly. real world difference isnt that much more dramatic to justify the loss of exynos and trading it for the crapdragon.
Oh well, I'll just keep holding out for the SGS3. If i didnt use wifi tether so much, i would have broken down and bought an international sgs2 by now. I dont care if its 3g or 4g as they are both plenty fast.., as long as its not EDGE.. lol.
7. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 412; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
U r the taco of android...talk....u really dont know much....remixfa
12. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
No you are :). What he said was dead on correct.
8. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
The unlocked Galaxy Note is only HSPA+ 21mps and not LTE correct?
9. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Correct.... At least the international version....
10. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
so I'm guessing that the version coming to AT&T is going to be a Qualcomm chip?
11. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
You obviously haven't tried the SII with the qualcomm, I dont see why people hate on the MSM, its faster that the Tegra 2, TI, and Exynos, the only thing that people hate is the GPU in it. and its not bad at all, just not the best.
13. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I like snapdragon more . That's my personal choice when it comes to CPU for android