Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2012, 22:19 posted on
Let’s get the obvious out of the way, but the cool thing about the Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE is that it’s able to maintain its relatively streamline construction – and it's actually only a hairline thicker than the original model. Aesthetically, it also maintains the design...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. b4ckr3ad1ngth1ssh1t (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
sorry ill take my gnex over that :3
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 10490; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gnex isn't all that I took mine back. The gs2 is better and doesn't even have 4.0 yet.
2. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Can i trade my white skyrocket with a black skyrocket hd?
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2940; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
This is what should have came out some time ago. Too little too late with the SGS3 about to be announced. Not a bad device but it will be nothing compared to the SGS3.
5. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
And if you need a phone now, the GS3 isn't even relevant. God only knows when it'll be shown, it won't be at MWC so who knows when it'll be ready for sale.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2940; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Galaxy Nexus is way more future proof than this device.
7. Birds (Posts: 971; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The Galaxy Nexus is water proof? That is really cool.
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2940; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I said FUTURE proof. Future does not = water. lol
10. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
Don't make crazy assumptions that the SGS3 will be UBER AMAZING... you might be disappointed...
4. G2Noobin (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
My G2 needed a HD screen it wouldve been the perfect phone the i9100 would be !!!
9. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
This is why I don't think there will be an additional GS 2 Plus... I feel like the GS 2 HD w/ LTE is the updated version of the GS 2. Next logical step (to me) is a GS 3... and like everyone else, hoping it comes out relatively soon after the announcement (zomg May?!).
But don't worry, we'll all be disappointed when the GS 3 is announced and there are no US carrier release dates! ;)
11. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this is just a refresh of the SKYROCKET/HERCULES line. Tmobile is expected to get a variant as well. Dont get your panties in a bunch, its still running the same 1.5ghz CRAPDRAGON CPU, but now with a higher resolution. That means performance is going to dive a bit.
If it were running at least the new 4212 exynos (which is LTE capable) I'd be saying go ahead and buy it, but as it is.. crapdragon+high resolution = iffy performance.
This is basically the Galaxy Nexus screen with a lesser chipset + better camera + TW4.
24. sprockkets (Posts: 1153; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
But the snapdragon version has better battery life for calls. Having everything in one cpu has its perks :)
14. justme (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
"an overall polarizing glow to capture our attention" ???
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow a SGSII without exynos.. hmmmm... what good are the exynos if only the iphone and the original original galaxies can have them....
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
only the lte and t-mo 42mb versions dont have exynos the rest do.since when did apple use the exynos chip?
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
apple has a variant... ask remix..I mean this one does not have the exynos.. neither is the Galaxy nexus.. and not sure but the ATT Note will not have the exynos... damm where is remix when you need him.... i dont speak geek...
18. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
as far as i know the the international s2,sprint s2,at&t original s2 and have the exynos.think it should be on all the variants but exynos is not usablle with some radios...hmmm iphone using exynos? i know samsung make the chips but they use diffirent gpu and are different clock speed,this is the first i have heard of apple using the exynos...would also like some clarification from someone
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I dont listen much to remix.. but i remember saying that the chip used in the iphone 4 is basically an exynos but with dif GPU... or something like that > i am a chicken i dont retain well...
20. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
well to be honest most of the chips uses arm ie ti,snap,a5,exyno,tegra but they just use different gpu and have slight modifications but lol am no tech ''nerd'' to not say that the a5 is not a form of the exynos chip
22. kcombs (Posts: 245; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
think I'm going to pick up a Skyrocket HD when it comes out.