Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G to be another 42Mbps handset for T-Mobile
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2012, 22:46 posted on
T-Mobile doesn't really have a clear LTE strategy yet, but its HSPA+ rollout keeps getting faster and faster, even hitting the 42Mbps (theoretical) speeds in some markets. Unfortunately, there aren't too many...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. skymitch89 (Posts: 926; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
And knowing Samsung, they'll put TouchWiz on it as well.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5430; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it'll probably be the T-Mobile version of the Skyrocket HD.
4. dha_george (Posts: 53; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
most likely not since the skyrocket hd is a high end device and this is supposed to be a middle of the road type of device
3. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
i just hope its not all round the their sgs2
5. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm.. am i in a time warp or something?????
they already have this phone, its called the hercules.. aka skyrocket.. aka fake SGS2. WTF is this? a joke??
The ONLY way this would make sense is if its a smaller device.. like 4 inches or so.. or if the chipset is wrong and its the newer exynos 4212 or higher since it will now have HSPA+ 42mb/LTE capability.
6. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
It does seem like a rehash, but screen size and other specs aren't out yet. I am sure Sammy isn't going to compete with it's own device, so your thought of a smaller screened, mid-teir phone makes sense.
I know you and da king kurogiii are effecting the way I look at things, because I keep hoping for better chips in things and cringe at the name Snapdragon now, even though I know very little about it. You two have ruined my ignorance.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5430; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hooray for getting the gator's standards up high! ;D
the King is pleased with snowgator.
12. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i concur. :) and no, i am not the queen. lol. u may call me.. deity. :)
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5430; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
remixfa see AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD. it's essentially the same thing as the Skyrocket but with an HDSA display. it's dumb but they're doing it
14. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
which is rediculous.
NO ONE complains about the screen as it is on the SGS2. NO ONE. Thats the number one reason that its bought.. because its soo darn pretty compared to other phones. If thats what they are messing with, no one will be able to tell the difference. They better be phasing out the regular SGS2 at the exact same time then.
8. krazdjokr26 (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
lol @remix you got a good a$$ point!
but be real man, most of these same manufacturer android phones are pretty much the same phone just dumbed down or souped up feats/specs/price
10. datsyuk (Posts: 134; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
The 1.5ghz chip they keep talking about isn't the Exynos is it?
13. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its a 4212 exynos and the new 720p screen, i could be happy with that. something tells me thats wishful thinking though. lol
15. datsyuk (Posts: 134; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
I just read somewhere it's a Snapdragon, the 1.5 ghz processor they're speaking about in all these new phones. I'd still take the Exynos lol. No reason to upgrade imo.
16. jinwons (Posts: 89; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
The old Exynos 4210 doesn't play nicely with LTE. That's why Sammy used 1.5Ghz S3 snapdragon in LTE versions of SGS2. However, newer 32nm Exynos 4212 might work with LTE. But I doubt this Blaze 4G has any kind of Exynos. It just looks like smaller T-mobile SGS2.
17. IrishTalian (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I can just about promise you that this device is going to be a high-end model. Based on what T-Mobile USA has stated recently, they want to introduce a big punch to the competition! The CEO is the person that made the statement and provided the press release.
There is a possibility that it could go either way and end up being a mid-range phone but I doubt that. T-Mobile USA desperately needs to step their game up when it comes to their phone lineup and offer something BIG, FIRST and possibly EXCLUSIVE!!! That's why it wouldn't surprise me if they finally got back in the game this year.
We'll see when the time comes... Here's hoping! X-P