Samsung Galaxy S Advance official: Android mid-ranger with two CPU cores
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2012, 05:13 posted on
Samsung just made the Galaxy S Advance that leaked this morning official, and the specs are quite likeable. Graced with a 4" Super AMOLED display and the obligatory 480x800 pixels resolution, the Galaxy S Advance was rumored to be Samsung's first effort with the 1GHz dual-core NovaThor chipset from ST-Ericsson...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. vivek_ananda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
it will be considered only if they price it lower than galaxy r
3. im.awesome888 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
samsung should have released the galaxy S advance before rather than the Galaxy R.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its a sign of the power and success of android smartphones that even mid tier handsets now have dual core.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
mid tier? this dual core handset is going to be low tier in just a few weeks when the SGS3 gets announced. the SGS2 is going to be mid tier. thats mind boggling. lol
8. BlazinEmperor (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
If you read the reports carefully, you'll realise that Nokia made no LOSS from it's smartphone & feature phone segment, they only made about 30% less profit than last year, unlike HTC, Sony Ericsson & LG that made losses in their phone segments. So you read the financial reports wrong! Symbian saved the day for Nokia, Elop knows the strenght of Symbian, but he's trying to undermine it, if Nokia puts much commitment into Symbian, they'll be able to go back to where they were before Elop became C.E.O.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the only symbian that is in wide use on new phones now is symbian on dumbphones. that is not going to save the day for nokia.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
If this is a mid-range Android device, then what are phones like the Evo/T-Bolt, Galaxy S, and Droid X considered? All the devices I listed have less RAM, only a single-core processor clocked at 1Ghz, and screens from 4-4.3in with the same resolution; which makes them lower spec wise than the Galaxy S Advance.
12. ryq24 (Posts: 690; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
i think it would be more expensive than galaxy r.
13. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
still 2.3....who would buy a new android handset without 4.0.atleast they need to promise that its going to be updated..