Samsung Galaxy S 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S III: first look
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:33
Highly regarded as force in the industry to this day, even despite the fact that it’s nearing the mark of being around for a year, the Samsung Galaxy S III continues to be a fledging device in this day and age. In the face of some newer devices, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that it’s still being thrown into the midst of conversations. Now that the Samsung Galaxy S IV is officially announced, many of you are wondering how the master compares to the newcomer in the space. It’s old versus new, father versus son, and predecessor versus successor. So how do they compare head on? Let’s take a quick peak shall we...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. AnTuTu posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:48 40 10
That Chinese guy was right :( one word "Disappointed" it could have been 10000 times better than this. :(
37. Jasonhunterx posted on 14 Mar 2013, 20:29 8 19
Still going to be the best device until the next nexus or something Motorola drops
39. AnTuTu posted on 14 Mar 2013, 20:34 14 10
I don't think so. People were just not buying HTC One because they were waiting for S4.
Now it is out and people now this is not what was expected. So definitely they would buy HTC One. Have you even looked at that device closely? Its an awesome piece of technology. I will never buy S4 over One not at all :(
43. taz89 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 21:15 12 0
So the one will outsell the s4 is what you are saying.
45. 90ninjas posted on 14 Mar 2013, 21:28 5 1
People thought that about the One X as well and (as an SGS2 owner) the was ultimately the better phone on paper, but... we all know what happened when the GS3 came out. I don't dislike HTC, but all they really have going for them is design. Their software is... decent at best, and the software is what really grabs people because that is what they will be using actively every day. I don't count people on tech sites because we are just a small portion of people that actually root and modify the device.
81. tha.fox posted on 20 Mar 2013, 16:14 0 0
90ninjas you realise the HTC One X Release got pushed back like 2 months because of the Apple vs HTC trial that put a import ban on the one series. When that happened they never had a real launch to build and momentum before the s3 release. I like the one x more especially once it gets sense 5
67. saffant posted on 16 Mar 2013, 14:59 2 0
Stop kidding yourself. You won't be buying either.
72. teerex42 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 16:57 0 4
I've seen the One and it's fugly compared to my next phone, the Samsung Galaxy S4 :)
48. HDShatter posted on 14 Mar 2013, 22:55 2 0
The Exynos 5 in the international is going to own the snapdragon 600 especially in the graphics department.
71. teerex42 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 16:56 1 0
I'm getting mine I tell you that! Look how much more sleeker it is than the S3! On top of a wider, longer, full HD screen. I don't know why people are hating on this beast but I love it. The software enhancements on top, already make it the best phone made the past few years.
2. Commentator posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:36 15 10
Call me old-fashioned, but I actually like the design of the III better. It just seems more streamlined.
4. LonghornTech posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:41 2 1
Agreed. This phone doesn't warrant an upgrade, but is definitely the one to choose for those looking at either of the two.
47. darkskoliro posted on 14 Mar 2013, 21:42 1 1
The s4 is too flat, a hint of S2. Which looked good, but not on this size...
73. teerex42 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 16:59 2 0
Commentator, u r blind. It's not sleeker, the S4 is more sleek. You better double check ur eye sight my friend. You can cleary and I mean clearly see with both phones sitting on top of each other that the S4 is sleeker and thinner than the S3. The S3 has like a bubble look to it on top of the S4.
78. Xtasy posted on 18 Mar 2013, 21:10 2 1
Why do u think thinner means better? How would it be any better at this point
85. chocolaking posted on 02 Apr 2013, 13:54 0 0
Why would samsuck play this game with the consumer? why? did they really think consumer are stupid?
Thought they would realize ppl already learn not to fall for the same trap Apple did. Like the iPhone 5 with bigger screen, thinner body and faster core!!
Wow!! it's a brand new phone!!
only idiots would buy a S4 or you can really call it a S3s
3. torr310 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:38 8 5
I am so glad they keep the home button. It's hard to find phones with physical buttons in the front now.
16. Rydsmith posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:53 6 6
Maybe becuase they are a source of component failure and hoenstly a step BACK for phones at this point?
28. torr310 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:10 7 1
It could be but shouldn't be. Those phones we used a few years back all had physical buttons and they last for years.
I feel having physical button is a convenience and easier to use.
5. andro. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:41 23 8
Samsung has messed up this time,a different top android handset will be getting my cash this year
60. GTR722 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 14:49 2 2
100% agree...and this: "Still, Sammy has included one new magic trick to give people plenty to talk about with this new display – Floating touch technology."...OMG Sony include that in the Xperia Sola a year ago...but of course, now its Samsung...innovation !!!
86. chocolaking posted on 02 Apr 2013, 14:01 0 0
Samsuck is a copy cat oriented company. (I am not even kidding)
They Made the Galaxy S2 based on the Iphone4 and got banned selling it.
(This ain't no news, But is a fact that no one can argue with.)
Copied the concept of Zoe from HTC
and the Air move form Sony.
I am not suprised at all.
There are even more things I can list out a whole page that they copied from other companies.
6. Dunknown posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:42 11 4
Nothing seems different. It is just that it has a bigger camera. No point of switching to this phone. Perhaps I think of purchasing the HTC One now.
9. md227a posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:43 5 1
I think I will just hold onto my Gs3 and note 2. The GS4 is nice but nothing I'll run out and get. Any software will make it to both rather quickly
12. rejaz (unregistered) posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:45 5 2
Note ll mini with updated software
13. EclipseGSX posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:45 11 0
I dig the squarer look similar to my Note II :)
15. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:49 7 14
Com on. Seriously? Iphone small screen same processor, same design? Clearly galaxy s iv is overall the winner
18. munxsrt posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:54 6 5
Boring & too similar. Pass. Article should note which phone is which in the top photo.
33. Lauticol posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:41 6 6
The horrible one is the.. Hmm wait, both are awful looking!
19. Taters posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:56 0 3
The GS3 looks smaller because of the crazy curves. Just like the GS3 looked smaller than the Optimus G despite the Optimus G having tiny dimensions.
20. uchihakurtz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:59 2 1
I love the design, just as beautiful my white Ace 2, definitely befitting for my upgrade, IF I HAD THE MONEY, lol
55. XperiaPrince posted on 15 Mar 2013, 07:40 4 2
My black xperia sola looks more "HANDSOME" and has the same so called "air view" (originally floating touch) found on the s4. The s4 looks s**t next to the gorgeous HTC ONE and to the stunning and premium XPERIA Z
65. uchihakurtz posted on 16 Mar 2013, 00:49 0 0
I almost bought Sola, nearly the same spec and looks nicer, but since I've been hearing it ain't getting Jelly Bean, I just had to look for alternative. Also, I find the lack of quick toggles in Sony rather troubling.
True dat, but S4 is "Samsung-like", they keep using the same design on every phone they make. But still, nice to hold.
66. phonemirer posted on 16 Mar 2013, 06:28 0 1
i think zl is better due to the 75% screen (smallest bezel ever)
21. REYNER posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:03 1 1
im disappointed about the hardware the only thing that is really inviting to s4 are the software tricks though i commend that it almost the size as its predecessor despite of having 5inch screen
23. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:04 3 1
After being spoiled by the Note 2, I will have to pass this by and get the Note 3.
54. Nathan_ingx posted on 15 Mar 2013, 05:59 0 1
I don't have much hope for Note 3 either...better hardware and software tweaks maybe, but i'll be pessimistic of the design (not that Note 2 is bad looking or anything.)
24. ghostnexus posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:04 5 4
Well I guess I'll be waiting to see the motorola X phone and decide between that and the HTC ONE
26. smallworld posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:09 4 1
"Floating Touch" is trademarked by Sony, it's not a generic term.
29. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:11 3 9
im sold....glad they almost keep the original design...i dig that one.
30. cloud_atlas1991 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:24 0 1
JOHN V. the article under DISPLAY, I think you mean "...it’s a no-brainer that we’re digging the newer display of the Galaxy S IV" not "...the Galaxy S III".
31. deathgod posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:25 0 1
This would've been a great update from my GNexus but dammit I just can't give up onscreen buttons. If they got rid of the physical home button and replaced it with capacitive ones I'd be all over this bitch:-)
32. dynamo.one posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:27 1 0
hate that stupid phonearena hologram in all pictures..
34. tiara6918 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:42 3 2
Atleast the s4 looks better than the s3, I hate how they designed the home button and the sides before
35. Diego! posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:42 3 0
Since I went from Samsung Galaxy S *the original* to a Nokia Lumia 900, I'll be switching back to Android with either Samsung Galaxy S IV or HTC One. Tough HTC One has a stunning design, the Full HD Super AMOLED display gets some extra points for me. For me I said! :P
38. xperiaDROID posted on 14 Mar 2013, 20:30 1 2
Like I said earlier, the SIV's design is 98% similar to the SIII.