Samsung Galaxy S 4 vs HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z specs comparison
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 19:58 posted on
Each of these has some unique hardware features - the Galaxy S 4 comes with a one-of-a-kind 1080p AMOLED display and a bucketload of sensors, including for temperature, the HTC One sports an amplified dual-speaker system at the front, and the Z you can dunk in your bathtub, so which do you think will be winning hearts and minds by the time the holiday warriors appear?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1435; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
HTC one or Xperia Z for me - prefer design over continuity
37. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its not about the shape but on how the executed the design and materials to make it beutiful you dumb!!!
61. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
SGS4 back to past PLASTIC Bodies not even though plastic but cheapest one that chinese products have on their 3rd grade products for lowest possible market
43. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
You got owned by rgxVOiD. You're the dumbass.
67. iBananaScoop (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 May 2012)
I had to lol at this... Thumbs up for the laughter in the comment xD
10. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
People need to stop the DEEP fanboyism.
Honestly all these phones are all amazing and are equal on many levels. To me there is NO clear choice winner or top dog. Each have certain characteristics/features that seperate them and make them great. Be glad you have many choices now a days.
To each their own.
14. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"To each their own"
I'm afraid that ^that is something not a lot of people understands
41. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
S4=HTC ONE=XPERIA Z>NOTE 2> NEXUS 4>S3>IPHONE 5=LG INTUITION
52. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
remove the xperia z, its more comparable to OG and DNA-released in 2012
Should be like S4=OGpro=H1>XZ and many others
19. moslondon (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
yeah... Samsung did not surprise me this time
49. Scientist (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Why are people so obsessed with the design? Aren't you gonna use a case anyways? I agree gs4 looks like bigger version of s3 and has the worst design of all but in terms of features and specs s4 stands at the top.
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Looks like sammy removed the other color options, did it not sell well on s3 and note 2? Anyways, that battery life is amazing, the phone can last much longer now
3. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Galaxy s4 for the specs monster and functionality , HTC one for the entertainment lover and xperia Z for the adventurous people. Gotta love android.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I am eyeing XZ after 4 months for 3 reasons:
(1) Currently they seem to have some issues as devices are going dead.
(2) To see if they do deliver S/W upgrade.
(3) Price would sink faster as compared to SAME-sung and HTC
5. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Cmon dude, they added a freaking thermometer. How is that the same? XD
44. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
A thermometer you probably wouldn't use. It's useless if you can't dunk the S4 in water to check how hot/cold it is. I don't have a single idea how you can use the thermometer actually. So it's another useless feature.
47. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Someone say rectal =-O
Actually there are plenty of times where a thermometer would be nice... but with all the other ways that Samsung failed to write us someone in Korea will be receiving a gs4 rectally.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
HTC ONE AND XPERIA Z THE BEST!
24. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Not really. They all have good point and bad point that makes them different.
50. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Why is the one the best ? Last year people cried how awesome the one x was ...fail lso why the one please answerr that instead of just shouting one
8. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
S4 ecxel the competiton with a better battery (removable) and killer specifications
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes removal battery is a plus. My Wife's phone we thought went dead but before deciding to buy a new one told her to get a new battery and check ... and it worked ... so removable battery is definitely a big PLUS point. Actually this keep pushing me towards SAME-sung all the time :)
13. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
for design - and the oscar goes to.... HTC one (but s4 is still also good looking imo and of course the xperia too)
for software - and the oscar goes to.... SAMSUNG S4 man they did a very good job
to invent some new features! even they dont work perfektly but samsung is trying to inovate
and for this i love samsung they realy try to improve. and dont forget android 4.2.2!!
hardware (+batterylife) & software overall i thing - the oscare will go to samsung s4 too!
im pretty sure
sorry for my bad english as always xD sorry guys
39. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
dude the deign is for Xperia Z
One copy Xperia P & BB Z10
open your eyes
68. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The Xperia Z looks like a boring black rectangle and is a fingerprint magnet. I Don't see similarities between the One and the BB Z10, the top and bottom bezels are important to house the front facing stereo speakers. The only similarity between this and the iPhone 5 is the shinny edges. As for the Xperia P, The One looks like a slimmer sleeker nicer version of the Xperia P.
From what i've seen, the Xperia Z doesn't have good ergonomics, it's too big and flat, The HTC One is curved and fits your hand and all you feel is the 4mm edge.
15. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Samsung s4 might have been the best if price gap between s3 and s4 was less! it gets worse because samsung will give all these OS features to S3
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
XPERIA Z for me is the choice. i don't like HTC for not SUPPORTING sd cards. i CHOOSE GS IV over HTC but overrall it's the XPERIA Z. I only choose SONY for design wise and features.
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Currently XZ seems to be having issues with SD card. Many devices go dead and so ny says only class2/4 sd cards to be used.
66. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Check onhttp://talk.sonymobile.com or also xda forums.
20. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Say what you want everybody, but you did NOT expect the SIV to be smaller and lighter than the HTC One. I did not expect that myself.
31. Taters (Posts: 4298; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I expected it, I even said so in one of my replies to an HTC fan boy that was bragging about the 4.7 inch making the HTC One compact. I expected smaller actually. Samsung disappointed me there.
I actually expected Xperia ZL size with Xperia Z thinness. I also expected bezel less with software that can change the screen size to anywhere from 3.5 - 5 inches. Meaning when using two hands you get 5 inches and have a mode where it detects if you are using only one hand and the screen changes to 4 inches and the rest of the screen that is not in use becomes a black bezel.
LOL I have no idea why I expected that but I did after hearing rumors that they might introduce the GS4 mini at the show. I thought the GS4 mini and GS4 would be one in the same.
I also expected to see the Galaxy Tablet S(AKA the Nexus 10 with Samsung branding).
34. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
That sounds a lot like Xperia Tablet S. I don't think they'll called it Galaxy Tablet, maybe they'll use the Note name for it or something completely different
22. PhoenixWright (Posts: 100; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
There's a Thermometer, a Barometer, and a Humidity Sensor on the S4?
Is it supposed to tell the weather?
23. moslondon (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
s4 looks a lot like s3.. samsung did not suprise me this time ...
for me htc no 1 and then sony
54. xsmartphonex (Posts: 41; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
what about iphones?..... all of them look the same!
26. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Well, at least Samsung is really inspired by nature.
They reuse and recycle their plastic product.
Still a great phone, though, but nothing special.
27. Taters (Posts: 4298; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Design I would give to Sony.
Software. Adroid 2.2 and a crap ton of features. Samsung
Camera. From the pics I have seen so far. GS4 if those really were GS4 pictures. But will most likely end up being the Iphone 5s, unfortunately.
Specifications. Samsung. They have everything, literally. Big battery, MHL 2.0, temperature gauge, ddr3 ram, kitchen sink.
30. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's just an express... wait no, it does come with a kitchen sink.
32. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
TIL: Samsung move their HQ to American Standard
35. Samir_Maric (Posts: 75; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I like s4 and Xz very much . If i have money i buy these two phones. I didn't like HTC sence ui so i didn't like the phone
36. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The fact that the s4 has a bigger screen(or same )and bigger battery than the other two is a win for me...I
38. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
this is a bs review because you know when we finally get the gs4 its going to be a quad core so pinning a so called not going to happen 8 core isnt a reality. Just like when the gs3 originally came out was supposed to be a quad core but not in us only international. I think samsung has great designs but how many phones can you make all look the same besides the gs2 which is a 1.2ghz dual gs3 1.5ghz dual hey wait galaxy nexus 1.2ghz dual. lol I jump on sony strictly because on sprint network samsung has bad radio compare to my photon 4g.
40. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
and no to htc because no sd card but yes samsung bigger battery is a plus should of been a 3500mah though note 2 has over 3000mah
42. dwgit (Posts: 37; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
i though samsung was going to have flexible display bulls**t probably iphone 6 will there more avant-garde, breaking new ground, contemporary, cutting-edge, deviceful, ingenious, innovational, innovatory, inventive, just out, leading-edge, new, newfangled, original, originative, state-of-the-art
46. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Apple is so far behind we now have Samsung vs HTC fanbois.
48. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
its going to be hard for these phones to come out with something new or state of the art because its a show down for best specs on these phones I mean if this phone had 4gig of ram then bar none it set the bar really high honestly whe have 8 core with out the extra boost of ram. Great thing id samsungs doesnt sit back thry just drop phones out of a cloning machine and boost specs. the funny thing is I might buy this anyway lol if it really is an 8 core giant then yes just remember to always carry ice or a turbo case fan for cooling.
51. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
People ...what are you wanting from cell phones durability ..z .... Features size s4 ....if you want constant updates to drain your battery that ypu cant replace then go with the one but otherwise its just a bunch of nerd crap this all happened last year you hate it then you get it in your hands and your able to do more then fall in like. If you thumb down dont be a coward speak and back it up
53. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Why, PA why?
55. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I personally don't mind the design of the S4 unlike many people (although quite frankly I wish it was different too). What is important to me is the battery and the camera. Other features and user interfaces are all appreciated on all of the handsets.