Samsung Galaxy S 4 vs BlackBerry Z10: first look
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2013, 14:31 posted on
Crazy to believe it folks, but we’re still only in March, and already, we’ve been bombarded by a handful of flagships. Even crazier to believe, BlackBerry was the first one to out its brand spanking new flagship, which felt so long ago already! And just yesterday, we witnessed Samsung delivering its next big thing in a fancy...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xq10xa (Posts: 245; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I don't think these devices should be compared to each other. GS4 is just in another class compared to the Z10 :(
8. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 396; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i agree. this is ridiculous to even compare the two. slap in the face.
25. bucky (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
It's just to compare sizes! Don't get so butthurt!
2. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
design and built quality it goes to BBZ10 and the rest goes to SIV!
3. Aeires (unregistered)
Except the screen on the S4, love that small bezel and what I've seen so far, the SAMOLED is even better than before.
Love the build quality of the Z10 too.
30. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
That thing is no match for this galaxy..
55. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i didnt say that it will match the SIV esp when it cames to specs...but just accept the FACT that Z10 is a good PRemium Looking device than Samsung SIV..
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
METALLIC ARMOR POWER UP. This is a nice comparison between the two devices. But still the GS IV still perform better than the BB Z10
5. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
the balckberry desgin is better than samsung it looks very cheap and ugly.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Black berry is getting better
44. zhiae (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
my ass vs gs4 are cedden me why compairing with nokia 3310 same happend with s3
11. Andrewtst (Posts: 460; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Putting together showing much more ugly of S4.
12. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'll say its just to harsh on the Z10, when it can't really go on head with the Sg3
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Please change the title to:
Samsung Galaxy S 3 vs BlackBerry Z10
14. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
lol sorry but z10 and nokia 920 are not on the level of recent phones.
GS4 should be compared to HTC One, Xperia Z, Iphone 5 and anything else that comes out in the future.
20. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
anyways,,, most people here are tech-savs only looking at highest specs
for me i think the L920 is more bout experience.
19. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't by an iphone 5 because the screen is too small/vertical for me, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think the iphone is a great phone.
24. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
whats so special bout the iphone5? its same as the 2010 iphone... just streched out and beefy specs nothing more
26. bucky (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Camera, App Store, battery, cloud, screen, responsiveness, speed, accessories, support, customer service, storage choices, looks, music.
27. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
- Camera inferior to L920
- app store? nothing new... we all know it has most app so what... same like 2010
- battery 1430mah, iphone 4 1400 mah
- cloud, nothing special here
- screen inferior to L920
- responsiveness, imo cant compare to android
- accesories what has to do with this? lol
- support bulls**t
- CS ^
- store choices doesnt make a product better.
- LOOKS? HAHAHAH SERIOUSLY?! stretched iphone 4
- music? dafuq?
31. bucky (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You actually said nothing of value there. And if you're comparing it to the 920 you're an even worse fanboy than you think.
40. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
so ur saying the old iphone 4 is also in the same class as those? ;) same app store cloud accesories support cs store choices looks music all same =)
nah no fanboi, just being realistic
33. SleepingOz (unregistered)
As I know so far, the ip5 camera is better than the one on the L920(Portico update).. Except may be in low light conditions.
47. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
If you are saying that after reading PA's comparisions, then to make you aware, it is no more phonearena.com...
It is now iGalaxyArena.com...
Better view post Portico reviews of gsmarena, techbuff or pocketnow, or engadget or something
and yeah surely not on theverge, techradar and PA
53. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
theverge is soooo pro apple and anti wp -_-
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
ip5 is not in the league either.
49. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
LOL z10 and lumia 920 are not on the same level but the iphone 5 is?
16. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
When John V. (reviewer) refers to Samsung as "Sammy" and to Blackberry as Blackbery, it does not take a rocket scientist to know which way he is leaning.
Reviews/comparisons are supposed to be inpartial, let the facts speak for themselves. This is very poor form of "reporting" John.
18. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
he is noob and doesnt know how to dress himself :') those ugly tie+shirt combo's
37. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, now you're making yourself like a troll. By the way, John V is the best reviewer right now.
36. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
What is interesting to me is that he can apparently see the difference in sharpness between these two high ppi displays, while in earlier comparisons with the s3 and other 1080p devices, there was apparently no noticeable difference in sharpness.
21. janert (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
These bias articles won't stop. But it's fair to say Samsung definitely appeals to high schoolers and regular people. I see ordinary people with the Samsung all the time. Z10 is a corporate phone. More wall street. So, don't be expecting those fancy and unneeded personalizations you want. Get its slogan. For those who want to keep moving. Even the creative director they picked was a classic musician. Alicia keys. Keep hating. We moving
22. sniperace (Posts: 95; Member since: 20 Aug 2009)
GS4 VS Z10 is like walking in to a gun fight with a throwing knife and 2 broken arms. No chance!
28. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Why bother to compare a brand new OS to this...ridiculous. I would still take blackberry over SG4 anyday
48. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
And Lumia 920, HTC one, Moto X too (they're all better than the GS4, and in the same class as BB Z10)
34. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Where is the S4 in the pics? I only see the S3.
35. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Did everyone see the video of the S4. There was a lot of LAG. The Z10 is much smoother and a better design. LAG!! LAG!! LAG!! Oh did I say LAG!!!
43. slaggyb (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Android is never lag free even if samsung ends up making exynos 20 decacore... Useless marketing and bragging and the samsung sheeps and followers will be gravitating.. I own a note 2 and most times laugh at the way some folks on here brag is lag free with 2days of battery usage.. Who are you decieving? The unlocked unbranded international version I own lag from time to time the most annoying part is most times while browsing it will force close the browser for some reasons unknown to me and this is even running on 4.2.1 jelly bean with all that quadcore horsepower and 2GB of RAM in it, I expect zero to no lag whether running 10 applications at the same time or not.. Coupled with the pathetic battery life I get using only wifi I can't even make it through a day with brightness turned down to mininum..
39. mdxguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Speaking from someone who has actually used the Z10 for a month now I can honestly say it is an amazing phone in many ways. The design definitely is stronger than the S4, it looks better, fits in your hand perfectly, the rubberized textured back is sleek, the white model is inparticularly stunning. Now the software is no contest - we are talking about an operating system that is brand new, powers space shuttle, nuclear power plants, automobiles it is super powerful and you can multi task like never before. Android is 6 years old and still relies on that goddy old fashioned home button. Resolution is maybe the only area of the three that Samsung may win, but the equals battery drain. The Z10 is for a mature, progressive, consumer looking to get things done and multi task and stay hyper connected to social media - samsung is for teenagers who want games, useless fluf and fall for marketing hpe.
42. slaggyb (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well Written @mdxguy.. From The begining of the article he began bashing the blackberry Z10... Why even bother comparing the two phones in the first place...
45. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
yeah qnx > linux, android lags no matter of cores
46. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
who cares about BB, bring XZ vs S4 comparison.
50. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
This is a better comparison
51. hf199 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
As he tried air view in didn't work. 2 different OS can't compare. By the time your tryng align your finger over an email peek you mine as well open the darn thing!
52. saffant (Posts: 242; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
You're an obviously delusional fanboy. Lumia 920's app store BLOWS compared to iOS or Android. The fact that iPhone 5 is ahead is primarily cuz of its apps. The fact that its still relevant in comparison to Android is also primarily cuz of its apps.
Windows Phone's app future is so poor that even BB Z10 has corporations striving to make apps for it instead of WP8. So stop kidding yourself and step into reality, buddy.
54. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Does anyone knows how many megapixels for the next generation camera phone? It is 20.8 or 21 megapixels. The phone camera is growing at the rate of 160% in a range of 5 to 7 years. All started with 0.2 megapixels you can keep it on multiplying. You will come over this figure 1.3, 2.0, 3.2, 5.0, 8.0, 13.0 and the next one is 21.0 You can see the figures are so close once rounded up. This pixels are all available on the phone.
61. fteoOpty64 (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
You can see currently very few camera exceed 8MP for a very good reason being that the optical lens size is a limitation on the amount of light it can capture. Without improving the thickness and areal size of the lens, there is little improvement using a 13MP sensor unless sensor are ultra low light sensitive and low-noise as well. No dice on such a sensor, low-light means increased noise so it will get worse rather than better. HTC went ultra-pixel to get more light per pixel, that is one way. But innovation goes to mid-range digicams with large barrels. That is why their 6MP blows away any phone cam of 8MP. The MP is useless if the optics are bad or weak.
57. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
stole? how come Motorola didnt sue Blackberry? you idiot Pea brain
60. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Am I the only one that noticed that the bezel around the S4 is the same from the BB 9900 series?
62. ChafedBanana (Posts: 364; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The Android operating system doesn't really lag. Its Android phones with manufacturer user interfaces that lag like TouchWiz. The UI is what's causing lag. I have a Galaxy S3 and it like all S3's lagged when it was stock. I unlocked and rooted it the first day I got it, flashed Liquid Smooth 4.2.2 ROM on it and there's no lag whatsoever. The phone is now amazing and way, way better than stock.