Samsung Galaxy S 4 video review demos pop, detail the Floating Touch and SmartPause features
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:10
Samsung must be pretty peeved by now, but the Chinese source that leaked the dual-SIM version of the Galaxy S 4 for China Unicom, is the gift that keep on giving, hours before the official launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. E.N. posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:08 1 2
I have to agree with you on that.
Airview is pretty amazing and innovative, I'm highly impressed. Everything else is....kinda lame. The floating navigation didn't seem to work that well and you're right, how many different ways do we need to pause a video? lol. First palm to pause and now this? The Galaxy S V will then have blink pause. Reminds me of all the Samsung "features" I turn OFF.
I'm still waiting for the whole best thing since color tv features to come up. I hope these aren't anywhere close to the highlights.
91. protozeloz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:31 0 0
I don't know, float can become the best type of hover, when browsing the web and stuff.... If used everywhere could be something you can live with
Of topic... Where have you been man? I barely get to see you around
13. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:27 2 6
Floating touch is actually really handy!
Great stuff.. now I wish Samsung patents the hell out of that, just because of apple
23. faisal8708 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:42 7 1
Floating touch was introduced by sony last year on xperia sola so patent wht copying?
26. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:45 6 1
Sony already patented that, they called it "Floating Touch"
32. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:02 2 10
I meant the implementation of it..
Sony's take was half baked and unsure what it's supposed to be.
It was just highlighting the text, useless basically.
This is the proper way of doing it, just like the Note 2, but with the finger instead of the pen.
43. yudi.nemesis posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:16 4 2
haha first you say samsung must patented that because apple and now mean implementation of it, no matter what samsung do they still copying sony inovations
112. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:22 0 1
and guess what its not included on XZ,,,,hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
139. yudi.nemesis posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:52 0 0
so is samsung fan boy sony not like samsung who like copying and give the same feature each year
sony give us new innovations each year
for example sony always comes up with new desaign
low end xperia tipo, miro, and xperia j
mid end xperia p and xperia sola
high end xperia s, acro s, t, tx, v
while samsung for from galaxy pocket, y, s3 mini, s2, s3, and now s4
sony give us more choice and even xperia v beat s3 on benchmark, feature and quality
yeah i know crapsung beat sony on market share but thats only because samsung so aggresive when it comes to ad and their sales will do anything to make you buy crapsung device,
i just doesn't agree when samsung chief say innovations is what makes consumers buy a new devices instead a lots of ads and good sales thats makes people buy samsung devices
in indonesia s3 mini and xperia p is about the same price but sony device have much better build quality and more innovations, premium device must have look and feel premium and with sony device you don't have buy flagship to have premium device
45. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:17 1 0
Highlighting the text? It works in gallery, use as a cursor in web browser and other things more than that. So what's the use of the GS4 one?
111. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:20 0 0
more than that...much more.
97. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:45 0 1
sorry man if you also noticed i tried explaining to SONY fans,but they dumb insist its the same....sola have Float touch...BUT like you said the implementation or use is different SAM's feature is like AirView..it float contents not just highlights...sola ONLY highlights...but they insist...
76. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:13 0 1
no... floating highlighter maybe...it just highlight it doesnt float contents....big big difference...and sola cant float contents because that feature is own by sammy...loser
82. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:23 0 0
Sure, whatever makes you happy.
98. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:50 0 0
video again....can you now see the difference.,,,try looking for Airview on note 2,coz its the same principle as the AirTouch on S4...
102. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:56 0 0
Did I said that this is the same as AirView? No
37. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:07 1 7
goodluck...your HTC is called "beautyphone" while SIV is "Smartphone"
history repeat itself...like what happened to 1x against the mighty S3....goodluck man....
sorry for the words space i'm using Floating Touch.
49. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:32 6 2
I know right, I'm using Floating Touch too, on my Xperia Sola, works great. Did you know Sony introduced it last year?
52. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:36 1 3
yeah and it sucks.
59. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:43 4 0
Just like the GS IV one, the similarty is uncanny
100. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:54 0 1
ayayayayayayayyy....look for airview imagine the stylus as a finger...now see the difference?
64. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:45 0 1
i have one unit on my store wanna buy it?nobody wants it...
71. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:09 0 0
Why would I want another one if I have one already?
78. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:14 2 0
you seem inlove with your floating highlighter
104. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:59 0 0
Nah, i don't use Sola that much, but i play with it sometimes. My 820 is my daily drive for now.
107. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:07 0 0
nice choice...good for you.
131. rumman1995 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:50 0 0
i am using the s3 now. should i buy the same phone again because it has better processors. just take a look at HTC's design with aluminum body ....
140. yudi.nemesis posted on 16 Mar 2013, 00:28 0 0
what SIV is not ''smartphone'' it's a plastic toy and S3 just another plastic toy
XPERIA V beat S3 in benchmark and build quality
21. Mube1 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:39 1 7
If u want great design go for htc one or xperia z but if u want a overall performance than galaxy s4 is for u
24. tiara6918 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:42 4 1
I agree with you that's why I went with the HTC One x instead of the sgs3
25. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:42 9 2
And everyone forgets about Xperia Sola... even the term Floating Touch is trademarked by Sony
39. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:09 0 11
yeah....but not as good as this...that one is crap.
42. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:15 3 1
How, what's crap about it? That one even work with boxing glove on
58. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:43 0 2
really hahahahhahaaaa....i have one on my store you wanna buy it?
61. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:43 1 1
67. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:53 0 0
obviously you dont own a sola i have one on my store....this video only shows how dumb you are....we are talking about floating touch...you know FLOATING.not Touching....talk to nokia about that feature...they have it on 920...have you ever tried one?cause i know how suck it is....ever wonder why they dont include in the new XZ?...try one first and talk to me...cause i dont read any news from other OEM only sammy...i will troll you as long as i can...because i dont go reading any articles and go bashed their product...obviously you are...
73. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:12 0 0
This is using the Floating Touch technology, obviously you didnt read the article on their developers blog. I know that they're touching but still show what Floating Touch is capable off. 920's screen is the reason that it can do that, not software, this is software. What can the GSIV's floating touch do? Reason for not putting in XZ? It eats the battery?
79. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:17 0 1
no...its FLOATING Highlighter,,,,eats the battery?hahahhaaaaaaa....that only shows your tech designer are dumb.
84. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:25 0 0
Dude, you live in a store. Nothing is worst than that
87. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:27 0 0
dude i own it i have employees...ever heard of the term hiring people?
93. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:38 0 0
Sure... what's it called then? Give me a link to your website store since we're on it
103. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:58 0 0
sorry man im not that big of a company...look for price.com.hk...look for i mobile.
142. yudi.nemesis posted on 16 Mar 2013, 01:12 0 0
OMG this guy stupid XZ doesn't need a floating touch it's last year technology.
XZ have OptiContrast Panel and Sensor-on-lens touch technology sony give you innovations each yea.
samsung mobile chief j.k shin and his tech designer are idiot
he talk about innovations but they just copying, change the name and just add little feature,
the only smart guy in their company is their sales thats why so many people buy those plastic toy
and thanks to my plastic toy GALAXY Y and GALAXY S2 i can compare plastic toy with premium smartphone
85. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:25 0 0
it can float contents in e-mails,messages,gallery,videos...like airview..if your familiar with that term...sola highlights things,not float contents...ok.
88. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 08:29 0 0
What does "float contents" have affect for you? Other than being a wanker on PA?
Oh I can float contents, or i can just click that email/messages a read it full. Floating images? In a gallery? I though you're in the gallery because you want to look at picture and not float them. I guess i'm wrong
105. voxmarc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:02 0 0
hahahaha....preview maybe....wanker...nahhh....what does your claim have affect on you when someone told you that something is better?...fill that VOiD man it helps.
136. rgxVOiD posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:23 0 0
Its not better in anyway, it's still the same. fill that vox with something, you're selling, i hope your site goes well, oh wait, its just a chinese knockoffs site
28. xperiaDROID posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:52 5 1
The features are great, but the design is completely WRONG.
29. snoopy5 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 06:57 2 0
the feel of putting your finger on the air without touching the screen is weird,just weird...
41. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Mar 2013, 07:13 6 5
You people are idiots to fall in love with features over design, like i said before, the people with their galaxy s3 might as well keep what they have and wait for an update to have the damn s**t this piece of junk galaxy s4 has! Smh @ samsung fans