Samsung Galaxy S 4 specs review
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 19:07 posted on
Samsung trashed a football field worth of display glass to achieve the HD resolution in the S III, so we can imagine nobody has been walking barefooted around the R&D labs last year as well while achieving the Galaxy S 4's 440ppi OLED breakthrough...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Hamdan (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Design is so so disappointing .. But feature wise no one can beat that beast
26. doejon (Posts: 364; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i love samsung 4 its software! its not the best looking phone and it is a good looking phone withe the best softwarefeatures at the time
57. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
The battleground is ready...now we must wait for the last member. ..the motorola x!
93. KennethP4V (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
dude doejon ur comment wouldnt even count cuss ur obviously korean. Im sure all koreans feel proud of samsung, so regardless, you will still say it is the best. Samsung just love making people feel that they innovate, lets be realistic not even. The s translator is for sure based on google translator ideology and technology. S beam built on android beam. Tell me which killer feature is exactly samsung's original idea? just the idea of putting the s on all devices or feature such as s voice, s drive, s translator, i can already say that samsung stole apple's idevices idea.
98. Hamdan (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Kenneth yeah you are rite about 'S' but the multiwindow was a real innovation which I personally love it.
79. pyradark (Posts: 791; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
what happen when the beast break or drown in the water.
Oppss Dead hahaha
99. Hamdan (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Then his little bro XZ will come to the rescue :P
101. tolu01 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Let be real here,we are all disappointed because we expected way too much from Sammy..bt to come to think of it,ignoring d build quality d htc one is not much powerful than d s iv
102. tolu01 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
This is so funny because most of you crucifying the galaxy s4 for it build all use cases for your phones
3. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
I don't want to hear anyone bitch unless they planned on buying it.
77. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I'm not gonna bitch, cus I don't even plan on buying this..
I'm just gonna laugh.. so hard.. on the floor.. rolling..
90. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Its so dumb. People are all "yeah dude the design is so Galaxy s 3 ish, I don't like it, etc..." yet they weren't going to buy it in the first place. :|
16. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I would, but it has a terrible UI.
6. cR203 (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
The s4 is incredible. Samsung did a great job with this phone despite what all the hater have to say.
19. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Agreed. It's pathetic how there's so much hate just because it's built with high quality plastic. Other than the cheesy show, the s4 seems completely amazing.
52. Hemlocke (unregistered)
"High-quality plastic"? The Lumia 920 uses that (dyed, milled from a solid block). Thin, painted plastic is hardly "high quality."
81. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Just because one carves and the other molds the same plastic makes it different?
87. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes. Casting a solid piece that is the same color throughout, then milling that make a much more durable, and higher quality, body than some flimsy sheet that is painted.
89. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
It's not any other type of plastic. Samsung obviously would of taken note on the flimsy back cover everyone complained about. If you even bothered to watch some hands-on reviews of the phone, then you would notice that lots of them say it feels sturdy. Sturdier than the s3.
92. Dynamac (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
I'm sorry but 920 is 180 friggin grams. I have a phone for carrying it around (read "MOBILE"), I'd much prefer to have it made of paper and be very light than 180 grams.
Also HTC + Lumia, great material yes, but no microSD or battery, that's wayyy too much sacrifice just for building material. I battery swap almost everyday (desk charger) and I wouldn't buy a smartphone without being able to, doesn't matter what brand. People completely forget these things and always just talk about build quality...pfff....its a phone not a LV bag.
28. samsunggalaxylover (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I'm a number one samsung fan, but with such phone I'll never think of even looking at any of their products.
7. alfiehp21 (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
As a Galaxy S3 owner, i found myself with mixed feelings right now!
53. dherteux (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
have a Note 2 and I am in the same boat. I hope some of the cool software makes it our way.
61. elmersunyc (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Me too! Sold my S3 already and now I am stuck with deciding between the HTC ONE and the S4. The thing is that if I still have the S3 I probably wouldn't go for an upgrade till 2014. No offense! Samsung could have done better!
94. Dynamac (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
Can you honestly go from an AMOLED back to LCD? I keep thinking I should change and HTC looks great, but whenever I look at even a high quality LCD vs amoled I just smile inside knowing that amoled looks soooo much better. Not to mention replaceable battery and mSD slot.
8. SamsungDroid (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Confimed! This is my next phone. Good job Samsung, you never dissappointed me.
10. abdane (Posts: 480; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
What a beast !!! better than both the One and Xperia Z, and probably the iPhone 5S. Haters gonna hate...
72. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, its a fact... GSIV is ugly, should've called it GSIIIS instead of GSIV ... and i do agree if you mean its a beast as in beauty and the beast... HTC is way better, but i'll still thanks sammy, now i can be 100% sure to buy a HTC One
100. donfem (Posts: 564; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Haven't bought the HTC, yet it is "way" better. How come? Build? You probably might like but features... my word
103. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
do you live in a la la land where there are no internet? there are so much review of the One. you can learn from that. or maybe you're a poor blind guy? or maybe an imbecile that can't understand those reviews?
besides, hier in Germany HTC One is already on the market.
11. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Meet the beast. Respect Samsung. Say what you feel, it's gonna sell MILLIONS!
12. bvalde09 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Mmmmm I guess isnt what I was expecting. I was expecting a new look. I mean It looks like the s3 but the specs are superb. I was thinking into buy the s4 but right now I guess I will have to wait for the Note 3. Or buy the Note 2 once again. Im somehow dissapointed.
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Thinner, lighter, SMALLER than S3 yet twice as powerful, with bigger screen and 2600mah battery and better camera.
That's a downright impressive hardware achievement by any measure.
It may look the same, but it's a FAR more advanced piece of tech
58. dherteux (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
looks like a smaller version of the note, not like the s3
15. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
we, loyal samsung lovers, have been betrayed by samsung!
18. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
this is a win win , u asked for full super amoled hd , u got it , octo core u got it , snap dragon 600 @ 1900 u got it ,,big battery @ 2600 u got it ,,very thin @ 7.9 mm u got it plus a ton of software features , only the design a little bit lackin but got to see it in person to judge ....... overall alot better compared to when the s3 was unveiled ..............
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9339; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't care what anyone says or thinks. I'm not going back to LCD displays. Galaxy S4 is my next phone as soon as it releases on T-Mobile next month with LTE, in time for my birthday. :)
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1791; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Samsung is listening to their consumers, that 2600mah is a huge battery and the phone can last for so many hours
23. SaElestra (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
only fanboy will call this innovation.. crapsung all the way!
76. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
now shamesung fanboys and iBots can go to school together ... they must be in the same class.
96. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Only hating because their popular.. Pathetic.
104. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, a true shamesung fanboy, soon you'll be an ibots...
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So it has a metal side frame?
Can you please check that out, PA?
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes it does from the look of it, not like the faux brushed metal band on the S3. That's a nice touch. If only they would've given the polycarbonate a matte finish though, I would've had a more definite decision between this and the One.
30. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung should've called this the Galaxy S3+, not the S4.
31. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
HMMM DECIDING ON THE XPERIA Z OR THE GS IV. desicions desicions. damn this phone is SWEET.
71. THE-ONE (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Actually all 3 handsets are great
1 Sony Z
2 Htc One
ile take all 3 if I had the money.....
33. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
People expect too much from Samsung. In my opinion, the did decent with the SIV. They focused on software instead of design this time. 1080p 5"AMOLED display while keeping SIII's size is pretty nice too. They added a lot of features, and improved Touchwiz. Please, don't judge it if you have never used it.
34. btbotimtim (Posts: 151; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
snapdragon 600 for the us market?
us is where you should compete against apple!!!
36. drunkenjay (Posts: 197; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I dont know what you guys are crying about. sure its a same/similar design but it has better internals.
surely u guys didnt get the galaxy s3 for its design so why are u guys pouting.
I dont really mind the design, sure it would have been better with a new refreshed design but hey, it is the same size as the galaxy s3 and for a 5 inch phone that is an accomplishment. Bigger battery, mettalic sides, 13 megapixel camera, tight dimensions, dual sim, octacore processor. what else do u guys want?
find a phone with that specs and then come cry about it. Samsung fan? no im a smart buyer. i have a galaxy s3 and an iphone 5 so dont go whinging.
38. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Good judgement Bro.. Who wants it just need to buy it.. That's it!
48. drunkenjay (Posts: 197; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
update: no dual sim. probably for a different type of galaxy s4.oh well i only use 1 sim =/
59. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You sir, said it all.
So many trolls, haters, ignorants and spoiled brats here.
Out there in the real world, billion of people don't have enough to eat and all they think about is if a phone will be made out of plastic.
How sad is that?
Good luck, and good night
39. dwgit (Posts: 37; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
htc sony ittsssssss timee to rise and take the crown ha ha sammy=iphone when it comes to design no diff hahahhah no flexibility what a shame not even water prove muhahahahah