Samsung Galaxy S 4 scores twice the iPhone 5 at benchmarks, beats all other Androids, too
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Mar 2013, 03:47
Needless to say, since the S 4 for US carriers is running the latest generation Snapdragon chip, clocked at the respectable 1.9 GHz, it beat all the current flagships by a large margin, save for the HTC One, which has the same chipset, but clocked slightly lower at 1.7 GHz...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. Tux_Alan posted on 19 Mar 2013, 04:59 8 3
Why do people still bother mentioning samsungs are made out of plastic? I gor news for you guys, we know!!!!! No point in wasting forum space to clamor the plasticness of sammy's devices!
28. Timmehor posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:00 5 2
*applause* It's not always about the specs and power, it's about the experience.
32. microsoftnokiawin posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:10 0 1
why are we comparing it to last year stuff of course it would win
it would be rather embrassing for sammy if it didn't
33. bubbadoes posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:10 2 0
Apples answer=dual core A7...and ios 6.2.2. Another wow factor is on the horizon
34. harshithh posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:22 1 7
phone arena idiots forgot to mention xperia z which should be at thrid place with score of 2173!!!clearly biased
42. _Bone_ posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:38 4 1
They only included good phones with scores of 9.0 and above, plus the BB10 for reference.
37. joesseth posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:29 1 1
Sammy's international variant always outperform the US variant. Though.
38. Meleagru posted on 19 Mar 2013, 05:30 1 0
I just want to add a small point. Octo-core isn't a faux statement. The chip has the possibility to run all eight cores at once. The current kernel just isn't developed for that. Yet. Maybe in a year you will be able to load a custom kernel that unleashes all eight cores. There is certainly no hardware restriction from achieving that.
44. Berzerk000 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 06:05 1 0
It can run all eight cores, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of big.Little, which is to reduce power consumption.
70. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2013, 11:50 2 0
Actually there is a hardware restriction preventing that, it's call the battery.
45. rgxVOiD posted on 19 Mar 2013, 06:06 3 0
Yep, because it the best in benchmark, i will buy this phone... never see how this work
50. Edmund posted on 19 Mar 2013, 06:20 5 0
lol... sammy/android fanboys are getting ready for a circle jerk
52. Diego! posted on 19 Mar 2013, 06:25 5 1
I wouldn't say 'beats', I'd say 'destroys'. These are incredible scores! :D
60. xperiaDROID posted on 19 Mar 2013, 07:19 3 1
I can't believe it, the S4 beats the HTC One and other flagships, I cannot BELIEVE it!
71. teerex42 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 12:00 1 0
Well DUH...of course the icrap isn't going to compare to the Galaxy S4 s**t it doesn't compare to the Galaxy S2 or S3 either. no contest game over 2 years ago. Apphole is same ole same ole inferior specs doesn't compare!!!
72. Taters posted on 19 Mar 2013, 12:00 2 0
You will be able to tell the difference for sure since the ddr3 ram on the GS4 will be much faster than the ddr2 ram in the HTC One and Optimus G pro, regardless of which GS4 variant it is whether it is the Exynos 5 octa or Qualcomm 600.
74. teerex42 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 12:02 0 0
That is correct ddr3 is faster some people don't understand that but it does help!
75. ojdidit84 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 12:16 0 0
I'm not so sure that the One and the OG Pro use DDR2. The spec sheet for the S600 and S800 on Qualcomm's website show DDR3. I don't see them reducing to DDR2 when DDR3 is embedded in the chip.
81. Taters posted on 19 Mar 2013, 12:53 0 0
I believe that it is your choice but the Qualcomm 600 supports DDR3 but you can still put DDR2 if you want like a computer. I don't think it is embedded. Either that or you can order it from Qualcomm with DDR2 to save money.
Not sure though but all I know is that HTC has it listed as DDR2 on every official spec sheet.
88. ojdidit84 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 14:19 0 0
I honestly wouldn't put it past HTC to do something like order the chips with DDR2 but at the same time that's just idiotic from my point of view. I've owned HTC devices since the Touch Pro and they've airways cut corners on one thing or another. Another reason why I'll pass on the One.
89. voxmarc posted on 19 Mar 2013, 14:26 0 0
93. nasznjoka posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:19 0 0
Setting Device Expectations
Let’s start with the simplest form of this: CyanogenMod does not pre-announce support or lack of support for devices. Ever. Even for the Nexus 4, we did not announce support until a nightly build was available. Further, any announcement regarding the ‘dropping’ of device support will be communicated via this Google+ page, Twitter, Facebook, our blog, or a combination of those; it will not be something buried in a forum post.
This morning, a comment from a CM collaborator on XDA was taken to be as an ‘absolute’ in regards to support of the S4. He offered the opinion of four TeamHacksung maintainers, their frustrations and lack of interest in supporting the S4. What’s seemingly lost on those reading this is that his comments as an individual do not speak for CyanogenMod as an organization.
As for the team’s stance on the S4, there isn’t one at this time, and most definitely won’t be one before the device is sold at retail.
-The CyanogenMod Team
94. networkdood posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:36 1 1
Like I have been saying...there are plenty of phones out there better than an iphone
95. qxavierus posted on 19 Mar 2013, 18:46 0 0
And history repeats itself again! Just like Apple abandoned PowerPC chips for the faster Intel chips, they will also abandon their own mobile chips for the faster models by other brands. Apple just can't understand that competition drives progress, not closed ecosystems...
97. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 03:15 1 0
Samsung rocking once again! :)
100. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 21 Mar 2013, 01:46 0 1
iPhone Crying somewhere.
101. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:15 0 0
Waiting for Motorola 'X'
102. SEFsung posted on 23 Mar 2013, 02:19 0 0
What would you expect from a king!? Seriously...
103. Dj_Yawar posted on 26 Mar 2013, 10:35 0 0
why mentioning Krapple?? its only eating the dust