Samsung Galaxy S 4 review posted early, new sub-pixel arrangement confirmed
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 13:31 posted on
We're pretty sure that whoever posted this detailed Samsung Galaxy S 4 review shouldn't have done so, yet they did, presumably in order to rake up some page visits ahead of the smartphone's official announcement. Unfortunately, all of it is in Chinese - a language we're not fluent in, yet good thing that we have Google Translate to rescue us. First of all, the review confirms a number of Samsung Galaxy S 4 specs, including the use of a Samsung Exynos 5 Octa SoC running at 1.8GHz and paired with 2GB of RAM. The main camera is also said to be of 13 megapixels, just as we expected...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. tech2 (Posts: 3005; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
does anyone else see (especially in 4th and 5th pic) the GS4 seems a bit dimmer as compared to S3 and we all know S3 is already pretty dim when compared to LCDs
20. maccess (Posts: 719; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
dont worry.. i'm 100% sure that they put the brightness setting randomly.. not the exact same with those phones..
63. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I would love to see a comparison between Samsung Galaxy S IV display and HTC One display rather than Sony Xperia Z display.
68. pwnarena (Posts: 1045; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
2. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Really disappointed by the lack of wireless charging on these new devices. Nokia must have been ahead of its time in this department or Manufacturers aren't taking it seriously (HTC only on Verizon devices?). It really is a good innovation. The galaxy S 4 is nice, but still not perfect. I would like new materials and design, until then I'll favor the HTC One.
18. StevenFranklin (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
they''ll proabably have a back cover that has wireless charging calm down
30. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Irrelevant. Im buying a $200 device so that I don't have to spend more to put my phone up to par. The sIV should have wireless charging, no excuses.
38. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
$200* on contact. Without a contract this will be atleast $600.
59. papss (unregistered)
More like WELL over 600.00 dude
19. grassed (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
WELL - what about the Palm Pre - that had wireless charging, and I am pretty sure that was before Nokia. I really just miss that OS I guess.
25. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
For under $30 you can pick up a wireless receiver and a Palm charging pad and if you look harder you can find kits for less.
m-Touch-Stone-Wireless-Charger-Dock-Set-work-with-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Note-2-PT-/400424478483?pt=AU_MobilePhon eAccessories&hash=item5d3b28a7 13
31. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
You're right, wireless QI charging is a feature that's worth it's salt, and I have no clue why Samsung decided to omit something useful that is relatively easy to impliment. Power charging sleeves do offer that capability, but it's a pain if that feature is not built into your device...
33. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Thing is we really don't know, this is not an actual s4 finished unveiled handset,the model unveiled tonight may well have wires less charging
49. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
amazing how you predict every iphone and not an Android... which by the way u have been wrong on that as well
47. _PHug_ (Posts: 421; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Nokia was ahead of the curve? LMAO
Wipe all that Nokia off your chin, off the top of my head Palm beat Nokia to that
51. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
GET READY "4" THE NEXT PLASTIC THING
I'm getting the HTC one
67. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
are you people crazy what purpose does wireless charging have cause as soonas the average human being picksuptheir phone to text it's not charging anymore
5. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I usually don't care about viewing angles, but the xperia Z screen really disappoints in that aspect.
39. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If the Xperia Z would have come out in 2012 and uses a better screen it would have been the best phone.
41. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you're not as clever as your profile picture pretends.
you'd better stick to your LG.
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
65. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
well.. unless you are one of the dorks who spends more time using smartphone underwater than on dry land..
4. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Man that gs4 screen looks like it's going to be amazing! Can't wait to see how the phone performs.
24. maccess (Posts: 719; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
yes it's pentile but can you see the pixel arrangement?? it's so close just like full rgb..
62. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
still it's close-up fades away when compared to Xperia Z's RGB matrix. However, I do appreciate the darker blacks on S4
66. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
But after you dive into the pool forgetting an open flap... you know whats next...
6. sunny131089 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
All d marketing dollars n hype n then came China!
7. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
black is deeper than s3..looks to be a better screen technology
8. supa_dupa (Posts: 78; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Not yet announced, and already beaten by The One!
9. Diego! (Posts: 535; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I'm scared (???) this is the final design... It's kinda meh... I like the screen and its pixel arrangement very much tough. I'm looking forward to tonight and seeing what they have to show us.
12. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Wow, it really looks impressive. Now this is #Innovation , taking things a little further +1 for samsung
27. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Wait, so when apple or htc or nokia or anybody else does it...they're incremental upgrades. But when samsung does the same thing, it's "real innovation". What? How....I don't even....
42. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Lol 10 thumbs down. This is more innovative than anything else this year, which is very sad to say.
55. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
How is it more innovative, it is literally doing what everyone else did/will do this year. Bigger screen? Check. 1080p resolution? Check. Faster processor? Check. More Ram? Check. Same camera module that everyone else will have this year? Check.
Wow, today I learned that being innovative means doing the exact same thing as everyone else. Imagine that.
But I agree, it wasn't a very innovative year, not that I dont welcome these improvements....I just hate samsung fanboys more than apple fanboys, interestingly I have had both the galaxy s and the iphone 4s.
56. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1091; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I agree with a_merryman, there are phones that have far more inovation than this, example is HTC they at least tried to do something new like the dual speakers and amplifiers, also the Ultrapixel camera which has its advantages and disadvantages.
69. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
People, that's just sarcasm. Although I just feel the S4 is an incremental h/w update to the S3. Nothing revolutionary, only evolutionary.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
HTC one is a hell of alot better than this
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Man you are becoming such a blind hater..
23. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
How is it better?
Smaller screen, smaller battery, bigger bezel, thicker, Damage easily, heavier.
37. joshboss (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
A 5-inch screen is TOO big, battery tests have shown that it holds a good charge, and you can't compare build quality and design because the One beats it in all aspects while the S4 has the same old plastic build and design. And explain how a body made with nothing but metal is damaged easier than a body made of nothing but plastic? And let me explain something to you: metal weighs more than plastic.
43. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Let me explain something to you: metal scratches and dents easier than poly carbonate used on Samsung devices.
64. nbannis (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
the "smaller" screen is really not something that makes the One worse considering it has a better pixel density:). The One looks infinitely better than this cheap piece of ugly plastic. "damage easier" ?? Not really since there really is not any glass like the Z. Aluminum should stand up better to damage than plastic if i"m not mistaken...
34. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
From your name, it is obvious that your comment is intended to be a spite against S4
54. SleepingOz (unregistered)
For someone who thinks that BLACK can be OVERSATURATED, your opinion counts a lot.. oh wait, not! =]
58. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Did i forget to mention that the HTC One barley beat/ ties with the optimus G
No way is the HTC one gonna be faster,
21. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
look at the last one
S4 screen is even dimmer than S3.
26. maccess (Posts: 719; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
so you believe they put the same brightness level on those phones?? i don't think they set all the brightness up on the s4..
35. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Screen could be set to auto brightness on one handset and not on the other,besides it doesn't say anywhere that this is an actual official s4
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Today is going too be a excited day
36. darkskoliro (Posts: 1060; Member since: 07 May 2012)
And so you go for HTC if you dont want to be cheated on when it comes to sub pixels. It should ALWAYS be RGB and never anything else.