Samsung Galaxy S 4 photo samples appear
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 14:00 posted on
Someone in China has managed to get their hands on a Samsung Galaxy S 4 prior to the smartphone's official announcement. Thanks to them, we can now take a look at some of the very first photos taken with its camera. The Galaxy S 4 comes with a 13-megapixel main shooter, as confirmed by the pictures' size of 4128 by 3096 pixels...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! (Posts: 621; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
They look really good. I've read that review in the chinese site. The back of the supposed to be Galaxy S IV cracked easily ;(
I'm still hoping that is not the final design. I don't like its speaker at all.
4. StevenFranklin (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
how does the back crack when its plastic??
32. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
You mean it doesn't? Because it's polycarbonate plastic, not Samsung plastic. The fact that my old Samsung Mythic feels the same way as the Galaxy SIII is pathetic.
37. skymitch89 (Posts: 1302; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I used to have the Samsung Moment (a phone that not many people know of or remember because it was such a piece of...) and it felt better built than my Epic Touch.
33. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Ahem, Poly carbonate Plastic* now that's a lot stronger. S3 is just like a flimsy bendy piece of basic plastic.
42. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
because its noikia :P
44. StevenFranklin (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
plastic cracking? what plastic phone have u ever heard crack?
12. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Yeah, me too was expecting a better phone... and i thought they were going like HTC: stoping at 4.7-4.8, but wasnt the case. Still the camera samples look great but id like to see a comparision with Htc One, the Lumias, and Xperia Z... Lets see!
3. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Photos look sharp....Front of the phone looks nice now that i see the clearer pictures...but that back cover just looks so plain and seems like its prone to crack..
41. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
this images are looking good ............but what about its low light performance.....??????
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well if you want a reason to get the S4 over the HTC One here it is...... so much for ultrapixels!
9. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Er, you forgot about the bigger and removable battery, expandable storage, more powerful CPU and GPU, larger screen, better software..
26. sniper1087 (Posts: 514; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
CPU GPU dont matter when the phone runs smooth already with Snapdragon 600 you will see no lag, at that point y get a better processor if nothing will change, plus storage at 32gb or 64gb y expand it. the back concerns me because is plastic but with that ugly hyperglaze, which attracts fingerprints, touchwiz is never a better software, it looks cartoony and things are hidden within menus, never a fan of touchwiz, and seems like not much has changed. I will give HTC One a go but not sure about their UI either. Larger screen is also subjective I myself dont like a bigger screen 4.7 is already a good size.
28. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Touchwiz is easily better then sense its extremly feature packed and smooth
29. tedkord (Posts: 11925; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Why get a faster cpu/gpu? Future proofing.
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It's not just about making a phone lag free.. it's just like with pc-s and laptops- better chip means faster, better use of apps, multitasking, browsing and gaming.
The GPU in the S4 will have around 50gflops, compared to ~35gflops in the One.
That's a significant advantage, and means a true pocket game console that will play highest end games even a year from now without breaking a sweat.
As for the software.. wake up. You tried the latest 4.1.2 release from Samsung?
No other manufacturer comes close
36. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Snapdragon 600 is only 30% faster than a s4 pro with same gpu... Not really a good upgrade.
20. therealestmc (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
these photos don't look that good. The iphone 5 is still better.
34. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
If you're seriously judging the phone's camera from 6 unstandardised, random photos then you are a moron.
Why don't you wait for the phone to officially be unveiled and take proper, comparable photo's on both...like a normal person.
38. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Are you seriously saying a phone that is half ahead old can compete with the cutting edge camera technology both Sony and Samsung can bring because if you are I pity you...
6. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
lol..Theres clearly a serial thumbs downer going around....im just now noticing that....hes on the loose
7. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Samsung galaxy s4 vs Nokia Lumia 920. in da club photos
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I knew Samsung will yet again come up with the best camera on Android.
The lens is really big and it means business
10. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ponchera Beat. Cmon Sammy. Let's kick em up!!!
25. DHILLON_ARSH (Posts: 66; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
0_o why would someone dislike this innocent comment.... :-/