Samsung Galaxy S 4 photo samples appear
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:00
Someone in China has managed to get their hands on a Samsung Galaxy S 4 prior to the smartphone's official announcement. Thanks to them, we can now take a look at some of the very first photos taken with its camera. The Galaxy S 4 comes with a 13-megapixel main shooter, as confirmed by the pictures' size of 4128 by 3096 pixels...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:04 11
They look really good. I've read that review in the chinese site. The back of the supposed to be Galaxy S IV cracked easily ;(
I'm still hoping that is not the final design. I don't like its speaker at all.
30. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:10 5
The Lumia 920 is plastic. It don't crack.
32. RiseAgainst94 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:19 3
You mean it doesn't? Because it's polycarbonate plastic, not Samsung plastic. The fact that my old Samsung Mythic feels the same way as the Galaxy SIII is pathetic.
37. skymitch89 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:03 0
I used to have the Samsung Moment (a phone that not many people know of or remember because it was such a piece of...) and it felt better built than my Epic Touch.
33. Timmehor posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:32 3
Ahem, Poly carbonate Plastic* now that's a lot stronger. S3 is just like a flimsy bendy piece of basic plastic.
35. HDShatter posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:01 2
S3 is poly carbonate
42. AnukulVcool posted on 15 Mar 2013, 07:52 0
because its noikia :P
44. StevenFranklin posted on 17 Mar 2013, 00:32 0
plastic cracking? what plastic phone have u ever heard crack?
12. aaronkatrini posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:39 6
Yeah, me too was expecting a better phone... and i thought they were going like HTC: stoping at 4.7-4.8, but wasnt the case. Still the camera samples look great but id like to see a comparision with Htc One, the Lumias, and Xperia Z... Lets see!
3. Technobri posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:11 4
Photos look sharp....Front of the phone looks nice now that i see the clearer pictures...but that back cover just looks so plain and seems like its prone to crack..
41. tusshharish posted on 15 Mar 2013, 00:04 0
this images are looking good ............but what about its low light performance.....??????
5. WHoyton1 (limited) 3 days ago posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:16 9
well if you want a reason to get the S4 over the HTC One here it is...... so much for ultrapixels!
9. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:30 9
Er, you forgot about the bigger and removable battery, expandable storage, more powerful CPU and GPU, larger screen, better software..
26. sniper1087 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:56 1
CPU GPU dont matter when the phone runs smooth already with Snapdragon 600 you will see no lag, at that point y get a better processor if nothing will change, plus storage at 32gb or 64gb y expand it. the back concerns me because is plastic but with that ugly hyperglaze, which attracts fingerprints, touchwiz is never a better software, it looks cartoony and things are hidden within menus, never a fan of touchwiz, and seems like not much has changed. I will give HTC One a go but not sure about their UI either. Larger screen is also subjective I myself dont like a bigger screen 4.7 is already a good size.
28. Jasonhunterx posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:04 1
Touchwiz is easily better then sense its extremly feature packed and smooth
29. tedkord posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:05 0
Why get a faster cpu/gpu? Future proofing.
31. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:12 0
It's not just about making a phone lag free.. it's just like with pc-s and laptops- better chip means faster, better use of apps, multitasking, browsing and gaming.
The GPU in the S4 will have around 50gflops, compared to ~35gflops in the One.
That's a significant advantage, and means a true pocket game console that will play highest end games even a year from now without breaking a sweat.
As for the software.. wake up. You tried the latest 4.1.2 release from Samsung?
No other manufacturer comes close
36. HDShatter posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:02 0
Snapdragon 600 is only 30% faster than a s4 pro with same gpu... Not really a good upgrade.
20. therealestmc posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:00 6
these photos don't look that good. The iphone 5 is still better.
34. pkiran1996 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:41 0
If you're seriously judging the phone's camera from 6 unstandardised, random photos then you are a moron.
Why don't you wait for the phone to officially be unveiled and take proper, comparable photo's on both...like a normal person.
38. WHoyton1 (limited) 3 days ago posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:13 1
Are you seriously saying a phone that is half ahead old can compete with the cutting edge camera technology both Sony and Samsung can bring because if you are I pity you...
6. Technobri posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:21 2
lol..Theres clearly a serial thumbs downer going around....im just now noticing that....hes on the loose
7. kaliil10 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:25 1
Samsung galaxy s4 vs Nokia Lumia 920. in da club photos
8. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:27 6
I knew Samsung will yet again come up with the best camera on Android.
The lens is really big and it means business
25. DHILLON_ARSH posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:53 0
0_o why would someone dislike this innocent comment.... :-/
13. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:42 1
WOW! Results are quite spectacular. Here are the full size pictures with EXIF data, use the little download icon under each picture on the right which pops up the full size version. Details are extremely good, dynamic range seems okay (hard to judge), colors look natural. Low light performance is a big improvement, jpeg compression is minimal, samples spread 3 to 6,5MB, which means it contains about twice the detail of the XPeria Z. I don't see neither heavy denoising (noise is very minimal in daylight) nor oversharpening (you can notice some minimal sharpening).
If these are real, than WOW!
19. smdeezy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:58 2
Thanks for sharing that! Those pics look awesome. I've been more of a HTC fan as of late, but those pictures are amazing for a phone.
14. bojan posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:47 3
Samsung s4 camera samples the highest quality samples
18. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:56 4
Well I'm already surprised cause I expected the samples to underwhelm. Sure there's plenty of testing to come, and low light could still fall to the HTC One and Lumia 920. But look at those samples! No jaggedness, no blurriness, no noise, barely any post-processing. How on earth did Samsung pull it off? These hands down destroy the Galaxy Camera's pictures.
24. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:35 0
Noticed how big the lens is, from the leaked photos of the back?
They simply decided to use the full potential out of the Exmor RS.
Sony used cramped lenses and aggressive software algorithms and ruined the great sensor
27. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:57 0
My bet is on the Exmor RS V2 announced earlier this year.
16. sergiobr posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:52 1
lol My Sony TX66 is 18Mpx and do a better photo just for $220 and fits in my pocket ! The rest ... my S3 updated with best face, LLS etc. do the job very well. No Samsung this year, I´ll wait for the next year :-(
23. McLTE posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:35 2
The fact that you are comparing your CAMERA to this phone makes this a success already. And, $220 is a lot for a point and shoot!
Everybody knows real cameras do a better job. That a phone camera can be in the same conversation shows that they have come a long way.
43. sergiobr posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:44 0
TX66 is really small and a fantastic camera ! The price was correct. What I´m trying to say is ... that there´s no focus on other features ... they compare 80% by the camera !
17. a_merryman posted on 14 Mar 2013, 14:55 3
The camera samples in the daylight look amazing, not so much in the night or lowlight...that last pic looks awful
22. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 15:35 0
The Galaxy SIV is in one piece no more - complete teardown revewals Exynos 5410, Qualcomm and Intel chips
39. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:23 0
If HTC got a 9.1 this phone gets a 9.5 or better