Samsung Galaxy S 4 logs record pre-regs with Carphone Warehouse, four times the S III
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 07:08 posted on
The third Galaxy flagship edition last year broke all registration records as well, and now its successor proves how ingrained in the minds of consumers Samsung has become. There is formidable competition this year, though, with the Xperia Z, HTC One and the Optimus G Pro, so it's early to tell whether the final sales results will break records again...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I don't know. May be they are smartphone's or something.
8. voxmarc (Posts: 331; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
guys...they are the most advanced device ever.....they even eclipsed the sale of their competitor Canon....they are the best Calculator around.
13. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
i think it is a new dance craze or something.. successor to gangnam style and harlem shake.. but i need to ask jeeves for that..
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Geez, I'm sick and tired of those stupid dance!
21. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Best of luck Samsung and I hope all those users of S4 gonna enjoy every damn feature what Samsung has offered with this beast :)
27. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
just imagine if samsung brings next year the s5 in a unibody
and a hot looking design.. that would be the end of some other manufacturer...
28. voxmarc (Posts: 331; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
samsung can do it but i dont think google will allow it,google dont want the whole android system collapse,as much as possible they want a fairly distributed growth and income...that is why sammy is inclined to release a TIZEN beast this september with premium material and specs.
29. KennethP4V (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
fishy, another samsung's trick to fool the s sheep. 4 times more says pretty much nothing. Lets say last year we have 1 registration, this year we have 4, thats a god damn 4 times increase. throw out a real number, y just "4 times more", 4 times from how much we got no idea.
And BTW, this is only pre registration, its not even preorder. Anyone without a real intent to buy d phone can still preregister.
3. blingblingthing (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Good for Samsung. But I want to see the same for the other (Android) manufacturers.
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You lie! You iloser websites posted how the phone was nothing new it sucks now pre-registrations are 2 3 and sometimes 5 times more then the gs3... cant have it both ways.
9. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Sales are impacted by various factors which include : perception of a company/brand in the minds of the people, how good the device is, marketing. However, a best-selling device may not be the most innovative or vice-versa. Sales tell only a part of the story.
26. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The key word here is MAY NOT but that doesn't rule out sales being a great indicator of quality. Something you Samsung hating HTC loving people seem to conveniently ignore.
I don't know how many times Peter Chou and his fan boy posse attributes Samsung's success to marketing without a shred of evidence that suggests marketing being the driving force.
Either way, HTC doesn't have enough money to control the marketing variable so he should just STFU and look for other ways. Which is exactly what Samsung did when HTC and Apple were kicking the GS1's ass. They never once complained about sales and came up with the legendary GS2.
6. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
keep one for me :D
i'll sell my IP5 to get this one.
10. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oooooh, that's going to have the Samsung haters rather mad.
This proves that Functionality, Updates, a fast yet fluid UI, the best internal hardware, and great innovations trump Looks :) great job by Samsung.
12. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
going to buy this phone.. period.....
15. ebubekir26 (Posts: 314; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I will get this phone.
and I will wait for the Galaxy Note III
17. TMHKR (Posts: 51; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Four times the S3 rate? Seems that in these troubled times money still grows on trees...
18. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
someone one once commented here that the best compromise is looks! It seems that im not the only one that agrees!
19. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Haha I don't know why Xperia Z is on the list.
Gonna get S4 very sooon.
20. saffant (Posts: 271; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Don't see why the Optimus G Pro is on that list. That infringed design is nothing close to be considered "competition".
23. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
sold my iphone 5 for this already, getting the 64G with a 64G sd card, 128Gs sounds good to me!
24. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh I will so enjoy sitting back and watching this device selling in boat loads and making haters scratch their hollow skulls.