Samsung Galaxy S 4 logs record pre-regs with Carphone Warehouse, four times the S III
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:08
The third Galaxy flagship edition last year broke all registration records as well, and now its successor proves how ingrained in the minds of consumers Samsung has become. There is formidable competition this year, though, with the Xperia Z, HTC One and the Optimus G Pro, so it's early to tell whether the final sales results will break records again...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. GALAXY-STORM posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:51 14
I don't know. May be they are smartphone's or something.
8. voxmarc posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:14 6
guys...they are the most advanced device ever.....they even eclipsed the sale of their competitor Canon....they are the best Calculator around.
25. darac posted on 20 Mar 2013, 16:00 1
13. procopiojose posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:13 4
i think it is a new dance craze or something.. successor to gangnam style and harlem shake.. but i need to ask jeeves for that..
16. SleepingOz posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:50 3
Geez, I'm sick and tired of those stupid dance!
21. AnTuTu posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:37 2
Best of luck Samsung and I hope all those users of S4 gonna enjoy every damn feature what Samsung has offered with this beast :)
27. doejon posted on 20 Mar 2013, 17:38 0
just imagine if samsung brings next year the s5 in a unibody
and a hot looking design.. that would be the end of some other manufacturer...
28. voxmarc posted on 21 Mar 2013, 00:29 0
samsung can do it but i dont think google will allow it,google dont want the whole android system collapse,as much as possible they want a fairly distributed growth and income...that is why sammy is inclined to release a TIZEN beast this september with premium material and specs.
29. KennethP4V posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:21 0
fishy, another samsung's trick to fool the s sheep. 4 times more says pretty much nothing. Lets say last year we have 1 registration, this year we have 4, thats a god damn 4 times increase. throw out a real number, y just "4 times more", 4 times from how much we got no idea.
And BTW, this is only pre registration, its not even preorder. Anyone without a real intent to buy d phone can still preregister.
3. blingblingthing posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:30 11
Good for Samsung. But I want to see the same for the other (Android) manufacturers.
5. ajac09 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:37 7
You lie! You iloser websites posted how the phone was nothing new it sucks now pre-registrations are 2 3 and sometimes 5 times more then the gs3... cant have it both ways.
9. No_Nonsense posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:16 0
Sales are impacted by various factors which include : perception of a company/brand in the minds of the people, how good the device is, marketing. However, a best-selling device may not be the most innovative or vice-versa. Sales tell only a part of the story.
26. Taters posted on 20 Mar 2013, 17:27 1
The key word here is MAY NOT but that doesn't rule out sales being a great indicator of quality. Something you Samsung hating HTC loving people seem to conveniently ignore.
I don't know how many times Peter Chou and his fan boy posse attributes Samsung's success to marketing without a shred of evidence that suggests marketing being the driving force.
Either way, HTC doesn't have enough money to control the marketing variable so he should just STFU and look for other ways. Which is exactly what Samsung did when HTC and Apple were kicking the GS1's ass. They never once complained about sales and came up with the legendary GS2.
6. Esf_Kid posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:46 15
keep one for me :D
i'll sell my IP5 to get this one.
10. Tsepz_GP posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:29 10
Oooooh, that's going to have the Samsung haters rather mad.
This proves that Functionality, Updates, a fast yet fluid UI, the best internal hardware, and great innovations trump Looks :) great job by Samsung.
15. ebubekir26 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:49 4
I will get this phone.
and I will wait for the Galaxy Note III
17. TMHKR posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:08 0
Four times the S3 rate? Seems that in these troubled times money still grows on trees...
18. Abbath posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:41 0
someone one once commented here that the best compromise is looks! It seems that im not the only one that agrees!
19. Eonnaydra posted on 20 Mar 2013, 12:23 0
Haha I don't know why Xperia Z is on the list.
Gonna get S4 very sooon.
20. saffant posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:32 0
Don't see why the Optimus G Pro is on that list. That infringed design is nothing close to be considered "competition".
23. Stayfly2407 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:46 1
sold my iphone 5 for this already, getting the 64G with a 64G sd card, 128Gs sounds good to me!
24. darac posted on 20 Mar 2013, 15:58 1
Oh I will so enjoy sitting back and watching this device selling in boat loads and making haters scratch their hollow skulls.