Samsung Galaxy S 4 benchmark tests (video)
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2013, 04:13 posted on
Two versions of the Galaxy S 4 are in the cards - one with 1.9 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor, which will grace US carriers, and one with Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa internationally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
63. JunitoNH (Posts: 862; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Now that was funny. Don't talk bad about $amsung here.
49. joey_sfb (Posts: 2717; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Why are you so angry with Samsung? We get it that you like your idevices. But people always buy what suit their need and budget. Will your constant whining change that?
13. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
ooops one earn better scores..
one is king 2013.
but in overall there is not any clear difference when we same use with one & s4 ..
in software both of best this year.
but in design and build quality one is far better..it attract me more and more than s4/
91. majedlutfi (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
optimus g pro is still the king with even a better benchmarks.
18. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
iPhone5 = under powered
Galaxy IV = uninspired
Xperia Z = under-water
HTC One = unloved
Lumia920 = under-valued
37. raunak (Posts: 501; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
iPhone 5 is not underpowered. It's just that the OS is utterly limited in functionality.
54. THE-ONE (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Please that Lumia920 doesn't belong on those tiers. Midrange phone.
77. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I'll wager the Lumia 920 holds up fine against the best of your plastic junk made by Sammy, including the new Galaxy ;o)
28. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
r u recording this with and iPhone 5 or r u nerveus?
34. vladd100 (Posts: 56; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
what about including xperiaZ and htc one in the benshmarks,so we can see the real results...............or are you just afraid of what you will get..
43. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You really know nothing about benchmarks and chips do you.
Tell me what's the chip in the Xperia?
Tell me what is the difference between the Snapdragon chip in the HTC One and this?
68. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
heres the link see how S4 blow your devices away....enjoy crying....
71. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yeah it's 26000 vs 23000 basically.
I think the Octa scored around the same, but that one was clocked at 1.8ghz on a Chinese version.
It'll be interesting to see how 1.6ghz one compares.
Btw, John, the above video proves your test was flawed.
Maybe you were doing it with the power save mode turned on?
84. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Thermal throttling on Krait processors thats all. The unit was plugged in and the battery makes the unit warm while charging. Its the absolute worst thing to do when benchmarking in general.
88. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The HTC One's 600 clocked in at 1.7GHz not 1.6GHz
41. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I notice trolls commenting without even looking at the content of the article..
Anyways, there was obviously something very wrong with Antutu bench here.. it scored lower even than the S3 , haha.
Quadrant however showed that there's a beast ticking inside
42. jove39 (Posts: 1261; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"With a quad-core PowerVR SGX544 GPU inside, the Exynos 5 Octa is blazing through graphics loads, too."
@Daniel P. - How you know its quad core gpu inside?
55. THE-ONE (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
They left Mali T658 and T657 or I forgot and using this Pvr Gpus.
46. Adithya7184 (Posts: 309; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i will not speak anything until i read a full review on..............gsmarena and not here....
53. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5188; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hope the Galaxy SIV's reviewer will be Johhhhnnn V.
57. Adithya7184 (Posts: 309; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
but still this site is not good when it comes to review....over in gsmarena, they test everything hell out of it.
61. THE-ONE (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Well said and very true
Also they have more users and so many posts than PA
Like the verge Engadget
But I like the way they layerd the comment and reply section along with thumbs up and down
You don't get this on none of those
47. elmersunyc (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The launch event should have been pushed back till the product is complete with the Exynos 5 Octa! Stop bashing snapdragon processors samsung! It also put all your US units in shame!
50. elmersunyc (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I am a frequent buyer for samsung smartphones but despite all the good features and hardware, sometimes samsung is somewhat lacking the authentic feel on their devices.
66. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
i've said it before....this device is a beast....ive seen some mind changers on the comments...here are the test done by android authority vs DNA vs XZ vs Z10...and the results are...mind blowing.
72. The_Innovation (Posts: 538; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Same thing again with the two different processors....why????
73. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Everywhere I see it, the GS4 international version doesn't have the quad core GPU but the tri-core GPU, same as the iPhone 5, which is it really? I would be impressed for the quad core but either way it has a good chipset
79. chocolaking (Posts: 430; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Honestly, I don't know how reliable the battery life is gonna be of this new phone. My gf is a samsung fan. and she is suffering from poor battery life issue since S2, and now she has S3.
Changed battery from the service provider. Brand new battery still can't last a whole day of regular use. She doesn't even have unlimited data, or LTE.. The S3 battery life dies half day thru..
83. jdodman41 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
honestly, why do people think the octa is going to blow benchmarks out of the water? its purpose is to increase battery efficiency while not sacrificing performance. the 600 is a good processor, just use more battery.
Personally I am hesitant about htc. I currently have a thunderbolt and I want to throw it at a wall. Once htc's next best phone came out their support for it sucked. And htc is notorious for pitting in batteries that are way underpowered for their devices. So I am scared to upgrade to it. Need something with decent battery life.
86. terabyteRouser (Posts: 414; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
the one is not going to be anything like the thunderbolt. the thunderbolt was the first lte radio available and so its power efficiency was really poor. this is a at min 3rd generation qualcomm lte radio. it should be much more efficient. not to mention the thunderbolt had a 1400mAh battery and the one will have 2300mAh battery. that's at minimum 64% increase in battery life.
87. jdodman41 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I am still seeing in reviews that the One has mediocre battery life (barely last a day). Even with the bigger battery that doesn't necessarily mean better battery life with more power consuming processor and screen. The feature I am looking at most is battery life so i can actually use my phone, along with performance, seems like sammy is doing well with getting power and battery life from their phone. but we'll see when consumers get their hands on it.
oh and with the thunderbolt, learned quickly to turn off data network and wifi. Through a day off on and off texting I would be straining to make it a full day, so frustrating.
90. majedlutfi (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
optimus g pro will be better with it' s display and it's huge battery unless if the gs4 has an octa cores cpu and for a reson i think that optimus ui is the best and i knew few days ago that this summer lg is anouncing optimus g2 with octa core 16 megapixel camera 5.2 " inch with 448 ppi 3 gigs of ram so i think it's lg's year
94. Allenrulz (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Why is his 1.9 Snapdragon so much lower than the 1.6 Octa? Shouldn't the first Galaxy S4 be below what he is running?
96. nojolle23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
iPhone its just a screen full of icons. Thumbs up if you agree.