Samsung Galaxy Round is a prototype, will have limited production
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 09:55 posted on
When it was first unveiled, there were those who said that the Samsung Galaxy Round curved smartphone was nothing more than a prototype, a proof-of-concept, rather than a device that would be aimed at the general public. That theory always struck us as a reasonable one (and one that we tend to apply to the Samsung Galaxy Gear as well)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Read the whole article before posting useless comments.
19. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i don't see how that term is applicable to anything here or anywhere really
3. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Well, this is nothing new. Google sells its google glass with high price tage as a prototype too. This also allows them to claim first to release.
8. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Google released the glass prototype not to claim that it had first released but to test the actual use and potential of the device.
16. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The prototype is mainly for developers. Its like the occulous rift. It works but its not ready for your average consumer.
22. saffant (Posts: 270; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Which is exactly what... samsung... is.. doing. Or did you not read the article?
4. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Smart move. I don't think any one would want the round other than the hardcore show-offs.
6. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Don't be suprised about Koreans. People there love weird stuffs. My ex was one of them...
7. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Maybe Galaxy Round should be more weird just like its name says. Make it round like a soda can with 360 degree screen. It's gimmicky, but they will be able to claim the first to have 360 round screen too. Who knows? maybe people will like talking to a soda can phone.
21. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
yeah, because all Koreans are exactly like your weird ex... /s
wtf? where's the dislike button when you really need it
5. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Glad to hear that, it is a good news for the consumers that Samsung is not planning to sell this "curved display" as useless grimmicks to consumers but for testing purpose. Hope the real one doesn't dissappoint us.....
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Call me crazy, but I bet this phone will sell out quickly & the people will demand more. Seriously.
11. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah you’re crazy, because “Curve phone with non flexible body” like galaxy round is one of the most useless gimmick in mobile phone history.
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That's perfectly fine. I said call me crazy because it does sound crazy. Just realize that whether or not this is a gimmick, this phone will sell. Three reasons:
1) It's Samsung & it's only being released in their home country where they eat up anything Samsung.
2) Others around the world will want to get their hands on it.
3) It's a limited run, so people will see it selling out quickly & think it's the hottest thing around.
This is why Samsung sells the most phones worldwide. I assure you this will not end up being the only phone of this type they end up making. You'll see.
15. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
you're still crazy, or maybe a mindless fanboy :P
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Definitely not a mindless fanboy. Crazy? Sure.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
To further my point, look at this list.
The S3 is the 7th highest selling device in the world 15 months after it was released. Where are this year's Sony flagships on this list? HTC's? Motorola's? LG's? Samsung has multiple devices from last year on this list & other top OEMs don't even have their flagship devices from this year on there. Samsung devices have legs. This phone will sell. Guaranteed.
12. JS132 (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
I don't know why everyone seems to hate this phone, I would love to get my hands on one. The curved display on the Galaxy Nexus made it one of my favorite phones, this one looks just as good.