Samsung Galaxy Q to come with foldable dual-screen display?
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2013, 09:20 posted on
We’ve been hearing about an alleged mysterious Samsung GT-B9150, aka the Galaxy Q, a device that is now rumored to be a bit too good for reality…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. blingblingthing (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Come on PA. Chrome is alerting me that malware is on your site. Something with netseeker content.
13. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
U know what they say, anything is possible.
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
what about the battery??
is that bendable as well?
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Oh a device that is a 10 inch tablet and folds into a 5 inch Note....That would be the day :)
Can we have MWC scheduled earlier please,....I am really finding it hard to wait!
3. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Didn't sprint have a phone that had two screens like this? the echo i think, but it wasnt executed very well with a slow processor and low ram etc
4. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I know it's not a phone, but this article reminded me of the Sony Tablet P. I like the idea of 2 screens seamlessly folding into one without the bezel in between them.
5. barbsman73 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
we wont se it here, in the states for a very long time
6. downphoenix (Posts: 2293; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Kyocera has a patent for something like this. I wonder if Samsung found a way to get around it or if they are licensing it from Kyocera.
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 1712; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup...and yup I'd get this cool piece of 'innovation'.
8. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Please be careful using the "i" word. Don't want to get apples attention, they'll run out and patent this!
10. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Wow! That is ridiculously awesome if it had two 1080 P displays. The battery would die pretty fast but Nintendo might buy it off of them for the new DS and put in a fatter battery.
If this is one of their experiments, then the GS4 will be absolutely sick. Too bad I can't buy a new phone for years. Sigh....
11. Twisted247 (Posts: 197; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
They did show off the same"concept" at their keynote speech @ CES. So maybe it was done possible foreshadowing by Samsung. Remember the guy sitting at the bar witha bunch ofLED's flashing around his phone and the girl ignores him. Then the next fellow sits down and pulls a device out of his shirt pocket and unfolds it to double the display size..
That is exactly the way they said the flexible AMOLED displays would be used as well. Until the other parts can be flexible as well. But until then they said keep your eyes out for a bi/tri folding screen.
12. mydi.maus (unregistered)
IF THIS COMES TO LIFE WANT TO SEE A DROP TEST..