Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 and Galaxy Core 2 Duos (both with Android KitKat) coming soon
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 20:32 posted on
Samsung will soon release a couple of affordable smartphones that run Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box, including a successor to the entry-level Galaxy Pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Now we can say samsung created and creating more galaxies than god has created.
10. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Actually, they can't. Observed Universe has more one hundred billion galaxies so if Samsung set out to release a phone for each one, it takes them some billion years at current speed.
14. Looser99 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Seriously ? Find your humor man. He was just kidding :O
2. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Wonder what Intel has to say about the Core 2 Duo name...
12. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Well, it's Duos not Duo, so I don't know if they are going to say anything at all.
4. mail2me98 (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
seriously!!! Core 2 Duos?? come on Samsung, sure you can name better than that. Unless you (Samsung) have too much money and don't mind to be sue by Intel.
5. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
looks like samsung is trying to use circular camera instead of the regular rounded edged square.I prefer the latter
6. Lauticol (Posts: 332; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
The render image shows a nice display in the Pocket 2, but in reality you'd be able to see the pixels from one block away
7. jroc74 (Posts: 5987; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Biggest thing about this news is we get to see how Kit Kat runs on less than 1GB of ram.
Touchwiz tho.....will get in the way of course.
And seriously, Core 2, Core 2 Duo? Keep on Samsung and I will start siding with those calling you copy cats...
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It'll lag, not even a question. Android OEMs should stay at >1gb, just like Windows OEMs should stay >4gb.
9. Obie-Wan (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Quite a downgrade for the Galaxy Core 2, the former had 1gb of ram, n 8 gb internal memory.
11. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Look that specifications. It's like travel in time back to the past.
15. Looser99 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
A single core 1 gHz processor ? Did i see that right ? The galaxy pocket 2 clearly shows that samsung doesn't know how to make low end phones or care for what consumers want. I know now people are gonna tell me that its a extremely low end phone and will cost the same but will you just look at the Lg L35 ? Dual sim, IPS display, dual core 1.2 ghz snapdragon, adreno 302 gpu, and android 4.4 kitkat with knock on feature. And it will costs only about 120 usd. Not to mention that its a better looker then the pocket 2. Sammy must learn from motorola and lg in order to come up with better phones instead of just flooding the market with useless phones.