Samsung Galaxy NotePRO to be launched on February 4 in the UK, official pre-orders now open
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2014, 14:26 posted on
Only the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 can be pre-ordered at the moment. Samsung UK is asking a lot of money for it: £649...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 (Posts: 2177; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The price is hefty but still cheaper than 64GB iPhone 5s, which costs £709 ($1,175), here in UK. iPad Air 128GB model costs about £639 (1, 060) for Wifi only model.
10. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Why are u comparing this with an iphone?! I will compare it with...ammm surface pro2 ?! And for £100 more u get a 256gb with 8gb of ram pro2. I mean the pro2 is a real productivity tablet...not just an android tablet with a gimmicky pen...what can this do that a nexus 10 won't..?! its a no brainer...I'm amazed at the price..but then again..the fan base is big..
11. tech2 (Posts: 2177; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. Gets your facts right, buddy ! For £719 you get 64GB base model not 256 GB which costs £1,039.
com/store/msuk/en_GB/html/pbPa ge.PDPS/productID.286902200?WT .mc_id=surface_RTM_surfacepro2
2. You are the first person who said to me S-pen is 'gimmicky'. Don't post comments which make you look stupid. Its productive and creative IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT.
3. Surface Pro 2 is a bit bulky and heavier.
4. Surface Pro 2 has smaller display
5. Surface Pro 2 has lower res display
6. Note pro has rear camera
7. Note Pro can make calls
8. For 64GB model in pro 2, you only get 28-30GB of NON-EXPANDABLE storage.
9. Bigger and better battery life on Note pro.
10. This is just initial pre-order price and will go down after a month or so. Which does not apply to Surface pro 2.
Everyone has his/her needs and according to which they buy/don't buy. No need to simply label 'fan base' who buy products which you don't recommend.
3. rd_nest (Posts: 770; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Don't buy it now. For any Samsung product the trick is to wait for few months. They charge very high price for early adopters. Wait for 3-5 months, and you will see the price coming down by 10-15%.
6. deepblack (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Few days ago, Note 10.1 2014 edition refurb was sold at 30% off price at Groupon
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Here's how it should be priced: 8.4 from $350 to undercut the Mini, TabPro 10.1 from $450 to undercut the Air, Note 10.1 2014 from $550, TabPro 12.2 from $600, NotePro 12.2 from $650.
$650 is still a helluva lot more for just an Android (or iOS or WRT) tablet, but it's kinda acceptable with the stunning large screen, large battery, multi-tasking and S-Pen. $750-$800-$900 is just way off the grid, you get a decent laptop for the price, possibly a W8 tablet.
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Despite the high price note 10.1 2014 edition keep running out of stock.
I am waiting the the price to fall a bit for 2014 edition then decide between the two either 12.2 larger but heavier device or smaller but a bit dated in its 4.3 android. Tough to decide which is better.
7. cR203 (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I want to get the note pro but I think I'm going to hold off and see if samsung releases a amoled tablet this year like what was previously rumored.
8. notsobad (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
If i'm gonna own this, Yes I'd wait a few months for the price to come down and besides, gotta first look out for custom roms or how to root first! I hate whatever stock apps samsung has.