Samsung Galaxy Note passes FCC certification with AT&T bands
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2011, 08:08 posted on
Has the Samsung Galaxy Note captured your mind and imagination with its gigantic 5.3-inch display and S Pen? Good news for you then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
oh, so nowwwww you may be coming to AT&T after I left AT&T....
2. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, isnt that how it always works? the phone u want is always on another carrier.. lol
15. fbbwang (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
thats exactly the problem with the US carriers. unlike most other countries where your phone is never locked by default, here you're forced to play the rules by these greedy and selfish carriers. especially most of the good phones end up in the worst carrier's hands. you know who
19. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
No. And you wouldn't want it to be LTE. The LTE version has the Snapdragon processor in place of the 1.4 Ghz Exynos (which is even faster than the GSII stock).
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
As a side note, the article should mention that its an Exynos processor clocked at 1.4ghz, an unless I missed it, it didnt mention the 720p screen either... the phone is a monster.
rip off TW, throw on pure ICS and that is the beast of beasts.
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
woops.. im blind. higher than 720p screen. :) :) :) EVEN BETTER!! :)
12. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I thumbed all of your posts up....apparently, we have a transparent troll....
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes, but im not allowed to mention that or i get a warning. i always get thumbed down by people not willing to actually add to the conversation. its just a constant personal attack by certain board members.. it doesnt matter what I post. Kinda childish.
4. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This is one MASSIVE pretty phone/tablet. Wish i could upgrade right now.
6. gotphone (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
8. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I hope Sprint would be wise to snatch it up. Its a great phone/tablet hybrid lol.
9. chargeon (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
YAY IT'S SO BIG AND IT HAS TOUCHWIZ!!!! I WET MY PANTS!
10. ph00ny (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'm confused. AT&T is disabling data service for Note owners. Does this mean they're going to turn it back on now? Reason for disabling service on Note is because it's getting classified as a tablet instead of smartphone by AT&T
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Where do you see that data service is disabled for the device? If it is, XDA will remedy that.
20. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Uh, I would doubt that would happen unless they tore out the earpiece and all phone capabilities. If it has phone functionality they have to offer some kind of phone plan.
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I thought it was comming to AT&T with LTE, HSPA+, and ICS in Feb and no buttons on the front and didn't the Note pass the FCC with these bands already?
22. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
First of all, who said it was coming in Feb with ICS and no buttons? Secondly, it passed through the FCC but that was more of an international version. This one has specific AT&T bands versus the pentaband on the international one.
23. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I've got little birds but looks like you know better so what about LTE I hope it does come sooner than feb I got some birds to stomp
24. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
No LTE. AT&T LTE runs on the 700mhz spectrum and that seems to be missing from here. It may indeed come February, but I was more so asking where you got the idea of buttonless and ICS. I mean both would be a welcome addition, I was just looking for a source instead of someone's wishing it has that. I have been trying to keep track of this phone for a while. And I'm dying to get it. Also, I have posted in a previous comment you wouldn't want the LTE version because the LTE version uses Snapdragon instead of Exynos and the old Adreno 205 GPU instead of the Mali 400. I am hoping this comes out end of this month or beginning of next, but then again that could also be wishful thinking.
26. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I know some people who work for AT&T but they aren't totally reliable they told me about the SG2 on AT&T back july they said it would be 4.5 display LTE and called the Attain it didn't come out until last month and they didn't know about two versions, or that it would be 5month later for it's release, and had wrong name but they were close with the skyrocket just not the SG2 I hope they are right about the Note though and LTE will be on it maybe it will get a better processor
27. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Well, it doesn't look like it would be a better processor unless they released a new Exynos in it. I mean there is some noticeable lag with the 1.5 GHZ Snapdragon. Not to mention the battery hog it would be if it was LTE. I think right now LTE technology is like when 3G technology first came out. It was a battery hog and it was bulky. Maybe 2 years from now LTE phones will be more efficient.
25. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Great! The 1 phone I really want is going to the 1 U.S. carrier I will not use.
29. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
i will save my upgrade for the s3 if this note is f'ed up by att. quad core and better games, of course you wouldnt see it stateside until next fall when the next iphone comes out.