Samsung Galaxy Note passes FCC certification with AT&T bands
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:08
Has the Samsung Galaxy Note captured your mind and imagination with its gigantic 5.3-inch display and S Pen? Good news for you then…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:09 4 0
oh, so nowwwww you may be coming to AT&T after I left AT&T....
2. remixfa posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:18 5 1
lol, isnt that how it always works? the phone u want is always on another carrier.. lol
15. fbbwang posted on 07 Dec 2011, 11:04 2 0
thats exactly the problem with the US carriers. unlike most other countries where your phone is never locked by default, here you're forced to play the rules by these greedy and selfish carriers. especially most of the good phones end up in the worst carrier's hands. you know who
16. hunted posted on 07 Dec 2011, 11:51 0 0
19. bbstorm2435 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 14:50 0 0
No. And you wouldn't want it to be LTE. The LTE version has the Snapdragon processor in place of the 1.4 Ghz Exynos (which is even faster than the GSII stock).
3. remixfa posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:19 3 1
As a side note, the article should mention that its an Exynos processor clocked at 1.4ghz, an unless I missed it, it didnt mention the 720p screen either... the phone is a monster.
rip off TW, throw on pure ICS and that is the beast of beasts.
5. remixfa posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:31 3 1
woops.. im blind. higher than 720p screen. :) :) :) EVEN BETTER!! :)
12. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:36 4 0
I thumbed all of your posts up....apparently, we have a transparent troll....
14. remixfa posted on 07 Dec 2011, 10:47 2 0
yes, but im not allowed to mention that or i get a warning. i always get thumbed down by people not willing to actually add to the conversation. its just a constant personal attack by certain board members.. it doesnt matter what I post. Kinda childish.
4. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:26 0 0
This is one MASSIVE pretty phone/tablet. Wish i could upgrade right now.
6. gotphone posted on 07 Dec 2011, 08:45 1 0
8. apocalypsebc posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:05 1 0
I hope Sprint would be wise to snatch it up. Its a great phone/tablet hybrid lol.
9. chargeon posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:23 1 2
YAY IT'S SO BIG AND IT HAS TOUCHWIZ!!!! I WET MY PANTS!
10. ph00ny posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:24 0 0
I'm confused. AT&T is disabling data service for Note owners. Does this mean they're going to turn it back on now? Reason for disabling service on Note is because it's getting classified as a tablet instead of smartphone by AT&T
13. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:38 1 0
Where do you see that data service is disabled for the device? If it is, XDA will remedy that.
20. bbstorm2435 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 14:53 0 0
Uh, I would doubt that would happen unless they tore out the earpiece and all phone capabilities. If it has phone functionality they have to offer some kind of phone plan.
21. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 17:05 0 0
I thought it was comming to AT&T with LTE, HSPA+, and ICS in Feb and no buttons on the front and didn't the Note pass the FCC with these bands already?
22. bbstorm2435 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 17:51 0 0
First of all, who said it was coming in Feb with ICS and no buttons? Secondly, it passed through the FCC but that was more of an international version. This one has specific AT&T bands versus the pentaband on the international one.
23. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 21:07 0 0
I've got little birds but looks like you know better so what about LTE I hope it does come sooner than feb I got some birds to stomp
24. bbstorm2435 posted on 08 Dec 2011, 00:20 0 0
No LTE. AT&T LTE runs on the 700mhz spectrum and that seems to be missing from here. It may indeed come February, but I was more so asking where you got the idea of buttonless and ICS. I mean both would be a welcome addition, I was just looking for a source instead of someone's wishing it has that. I have been trying to keep track of this phone for a while. And I'm dying to get it. Also, I have posted in a previous comment you wouldn't want the LTE version because the LTE version uses Snapdragon instead of Exynos and the old Adreno 205 GPU instead of the Mali 400. I am hoping this comes out end of this month or beginning of next, but then again that could also be wishful thinking.
26. JGuinan007 posted on 08 Dec 2011, 13:58 0 0
I know some people who work for AT&T but they aren't totally reliable they told me about the SG2 on AT&T back july they said it would be 4.5 display LTE and called the Attain it didn't come out until last month and they didn't know about two versions, or that it would be 5month later for it's release, and had wrong name but they were close with the skyrocket just not the SG2 I hope they are right about the Note though and LTE will be on it maybe it will get a better processor
27. bbstorm2435 posted on 08 Dec 2011, 15:09 0 0
Well, it doesn't look like it would be a better processor unless they released a new Exynos in it. I mean there is some noticeable lag with the 1.5 GHZ Snapdragon. Not to mention the battery hog it would be if it was LTE. I think right now LTE technology is like when 3G technology first came out. It was a battery hog and it was bulky. Maybe 2 years from now LTE phones will be more efficient.
25. k1ng617 posted on 08 Dec 2011, 00:39 0 0
Great! The 1 phone I really want is going to the 1 U.S. carrier I will not use.
29. droiddomination posted on 09 Dec 2011, 15:07 0 0
i will save my upgrade for the s3 if this note is f'ed up by att. quad core and better games, of course you wouldnt see it stateside until next fall when the next iphone comes out.