Samsung Galaxy Note hits an impressive Quadrant score of 3,624, pricing revealed
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Sep 2011, 07:23
The barely holdable, supersized phone that is the Samsung Galaxy Note packs not only a huge 5.3-inch screen, but also a dual-core 1.4GHz Samsung-branded processor. But having just the pure number…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Philanthropi$$ed (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 08:39 0 0
Interested in hearing more about that processor. That is pretty big, but I wouldn't mind checking it out.
7. remixfa posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:22 0 0
its an overclocked exynos from my understanding. hella-nice :)
3. Joshing4fun posted on 05 Sep 2011, 08:42 0 1
If the U.S were to even get this, we'd probably get it in a tomorrow... in 2012.
4. ilia1986 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 09:34 0 0
Is it just me or the browser seemed kinda slow, and pinch-to-zoom was taking a split second to perform and not instant?
6. SimonImon (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:13 3 0
Hopefully, this is not a finished product. So it will probably be as good as SGSII in performance.
9. ilia1986 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:32 1 0
I hope so. I still think that 1.4Ghz Dualcore processor no matter how good, is a bit too low for freaking 1280x800 resolution.
Can't wait for people to cook a custom rom for this bad beast. :D
13. remixfa posted on 05 Sep 2011, 13:32 2 0
you still have a few months until international launch. they got plenty of time. This thing is pushing more pixels than anything else out there so im sure there is some thread optimizations that still need to be done. In the end resolution on these little phones doesnt hurt the processor all that much. It just needs to be optimized better.
14. ilia1986 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 13:58 1 0
Yep. Well, I wouldn't mind getting this thing now as it is for "beta testing", though. : )
15. remixfa posted on 05 Sep 2011, 16:07 2 0
with ya on that one. I was gettin pumped up for it (especially if the hercules really does have a crap snapdragon inside) right until they said no US launch date.. that means Xmas 2012.. lol.
5. k1ng617 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:12 1 0
I so want this! Don't F us again Sammy like you did with the GS2 and bring it here 5 months after the EU release. I'll go to Sprint/Tmob/Verizon if it goes there, sorry no ATT tho!
8. Azure01 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:23 0 0
Honestly why do you even think that won't happen again? I gave up on Samsung. I suggest we say screw them for screwing us and just wait for 2012's releases. Honestly I doubt the sg2 is going to even sell as well as they predicted because of announcing this behemoth.
10. ilia1986 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 10:34 1 0
Hi and welcome to Israel, Azure01. Here, we get to wait about 4 - 12 months before most high-end phones reach our local carriers. And we live with that. That's why there's e-bay for.
17. Notfail (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 22:46 0 1
Don't blame sammy on the slow release of GS2, Blame it on apple! Apple is trying to block/sue , suck a judges d**k to stop the release of a lot of sammy's products around the world. Read up on it.
11. Feco (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 11:37 0 0
Its weird that samsung took so long with the release of the SGSII because i live in chile (latin america) and we don't get too much high end smartphones but we got the SGSII before the US (USD$600 on an 18 month contract. YEAH that's a lot) there could be 2 possible explanations
1. Sammy hates the US
2. They are having problems with apple because of the patent thing and they don't want to loose such an important market.
12. WTFverizonDamn (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 13:16 0 0
if benchmark is all you care about the original gs2 while overclock to 1.6ghz was able to do 5500+ on quadrant!
18. maans (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 23:18 0 0
massive score considering the resolution..
19. cncrim posted on 05 Sep 2011, 23:22 0 0
It's huge screen and I don't like it. unlock the phone will be harder, 4in screen is perfect for phone and anything bigger than that is too cumbersome. The phone look great but I will any phone bigger screen unless developer come up ratical design.
20. Poilopo (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 09:35 1 0
WOW!! Is samsung crazy?
A price like this will destroy their product.
Up till now they competed in price with Apple that's why their Galaxy S II was able to sell so well.
Now, with such an expensive device, I not only will not buy the device, I will convince my friends and family not buy this device, just to teach samsung a lesson on pricing their device.
21. SavageLucy42 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 13:28 0 0
Will it really take much convincing to get a person to NOT spend $1000+ on a phone?
I was excited about this phone, but not for that much.
23. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:32 0 0
I won't ever spend more than $600 dollars on anything smaller a 10.1 inch screen again. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how Samsung plans on pursuading buyers to dish out more than a $1000 for a device that won't be at the top of its class in a few months.
24. Detro (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2011, 16:22 0 0
In my opinion it's a really cool mobile phone and I want to buy it))
25. Rhett (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 23:39 0 0
Everyone has their budget on technology products, some people splash over 5k for a good laptop, whilst others are not even willing to spend more than 1k. Thing is, whether it is bang for the bucks. If the product is really good and lives up to its expectations, there will be buyers.
26. Joe Mashburn (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:40 0 0
I read athttp://www.samsunggalaxynotere
view.comthat the UK will release theirs in Nov. 17th 2011. But US will have to wait!!!