Samsung Galaxy Note III to ship next month with 16GB version dropped?
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 07:48 posted on
A published report on Monday cites a source as saying that the Samsung Galaxy Note III will be shipping out on week 36 (September 2-8) with the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch in transit during week 40 (September 30-October 6); the source added that depending on the region, there could be a one week delay...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Eh, not until prices come down. At this point, DRAM isn't fast enough to write and read to it (nor cheap enough) to do that effectively without causing frustration.
22. amats69 (Posts: 1358; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LMAO... You are accusing HTC on copying apple because of the rumor that the HTC One Max will be haviong a finger print scanner and then here you go asking samsung for a 128GB for the Note 3 because you heard that apple will do that on iPhone 5s? Hahahaha.pathetic dude...really.hahahaha
26. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Let's just be happy for starters that they aren't even making the 16GB version an option because you know carriers like Verizon would jump at that so they can mark up the price of a 32GB version if they decided to offer that several months after the 16GB was out.
2. shy2papa (Posts: 280; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Its about time 16gig just dose not cut it anymore
14. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
For these phablets, I can see 16 gigs not being enough. When you are combining two devices into one it make smore sense that you would need more space because you would essentially be combining their content as well. for a typical smartphone, though, I cannot see a reason that 16 gigs wouldn't be enough.
23. shy2papa (Posts: 280; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
The samsung galaxy s4 has 9gig only and you pay for a 16gig phone, so 7gig is being used by the system and the truth of the matter is apps, games and so on are getting bigger and bigger, anyone who knows about storage and memory knows that the price deference between 16gig and 32gig is really not that much and many of these OEM are making a killing of the consumers.
in my personal opinion 16gig should be scraped for high end expensive phones, 16 should be the standard for lower end cheaper phones
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
1TB of flash storage is more expensive than the rest of the phone.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5184; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
18. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Good luck fitting that ssd inside the phone. Evo series is an upgrade for the 840 series Wait for the Evo Pros.
9. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
For sure it will definitely lag. Still not optimized to that big of a storage..
4. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I hope Note 3 display resolution is higher than 1920x1080 for that size 5.7 inches because Galaxy S4 has the same resolution 1920x1080 at 5 inches.
6. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Note 3 will be an RGB display instead of pentile.
10. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Hopefully. We don't know for sure (even the S4 doesn't use the RGB layout; they use a layout with big green pixels and small red and blue ones).
31. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My Note2 at 5.5" has 1280x resolution which I don't find bad at all. The jump to 1920 for a phone that's only .2" bigger will be a massive upgrade in the resolution department.
I do NOT want more resolution than that - an unnecessary waste of battery.
13. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I'm sure there'll be more bloatware to come with Note III, so 16GB is not the choice to go with! :)
20. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
No more samsung product for me now onwards... my s4 heat like a burning charcoal in my hand while playing game evn for 5-10min.
24. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 973; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
About time! I've been saying since 2011 that 16GB must be scrapped and 32GB should be the standard in high ends. I cant imagine buying a smartphone in post 2012 with less than 32GB, my GS3 had 32GB built-in and so does my GS4. 16GB should be for mid ends and low ends.
27. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Which is why I'm pissed that the Note II doesn't even come in a 32GB version for Verizon.
28. TruPatriot (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 May 2013)
what's bullsh!t is they make a 16gb and then charge an extra $100 for 16gb more storage in the 32gb ones. That needs to stop.
This is not 1999, 16 gb of storage does not deserve to be marked up 1000%
30. Trex95 (Posts: 877; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
16 gb are you serious Samsung! Hope getting 12 gb at least unlike S4.
32. Dkinard (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
You people are aware that they sell SD cards to expand memory right? Holy sh*t. I am as stupid for reading all these comments as you all are for posting them. I have the S4 and the 9 gigs on the phone for apps and 16gigs for music is plenty. If you need to expand your phone more than that then you should ask Samsung to expand your life for you instead of your phone.