Samsung Galaxy Note III to have the same plastic fantastic body like the Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 05:24 posted on
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note III will be built out of the same polycarbonate plastic that the Galaxy S4 is made of according to the latest insider rumors…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What the hell? Plastic? Come on Samsung, are you kidding me?
But this is just a rumor, let's hope that this isn't true!
79. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't care if the phone is plastic or not. Remember a HUGE phone like the GN III will be very heavy if it were to be made of metal. Metal weighs more than plastic. All I want is that octa core, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera & the insane 5.99" 1080p FULL HD screen.
The Samsung Galaxy S III, I am totally sold. Can't wait!
88. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5145; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am wondering how much RAM the Note III will ship with. I was a bit concerned when the GS IV shipped with only 2 Gb. I hope the Note III ships with at least 3 Gb of RAM.
Otherwise, I think the rumored specs match up to what will ship.
98. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I think it will have 3GB of RAM because the phone is HUGE compared to the Samsung Galaxy S IV. With all that realestate on the Samsung Galaxy Note III, maybe they should put 5GB of RAM. lol
Nah for the next 2 to 3 years 3GB of RAM will be EPIC!!!
99. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Just realized I put the Samsung Galaxy S III instead of Samsung Galaxy Note III. lol
9. tech2 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Although I am not a big fan plastic I don't understand how is plastic 'cheap' all of a sudden. I mean almost ALL phones (and by all I mean every other phone ever produced) except HTC One and iPhone 5 have plastic builds.
Just because a certain device uses 'premium' material that doesn't mean another device which uses plastic is cheap all of a sudden.
'Premium feel' of a product should not be given a priority over its features and specs IMO
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The problem is not the cheap or premium feel, the problem is the build quality, the build quality on Samsung phones are bad, I know I will get thumbs down for saying that, but this is the truth.
17. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I dont agree, the build quality is acceptable.. the weight of the galaxy s4 is not acceptable that makes the phone feels cheap.. With the weight of note2, it feels premium..
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's your opinion, so I can't say anything.
18. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
That's great! !When You drop HTC One speaker cover comse out!
30. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is a Samsung article, so nobody cares about how the speaker cover comes out on the HTC One.
And, you failed.......xD
35. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Yes I know! But you hate Samsung so why you post here your comments
36. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't hate Samsung dude! I love every manufacturers!
How many times do I need to say this?
40. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Haha I read almost all your comments and you really hate samsung.. Thats how i perceived those comments.
Have you changed already?
114. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
you are very honest about it, Samsung is cheap build. The truth hurt those cheap cheap samsung fans. Let see how many thumb down from those cheapies.
29. tech2 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The thing is GS4's display has extremely thin bezel (all sides) when compared to iPhone 5. That is one big disadvantage with all phones with big screen and thin bezel.
If you compare GS4 with HTC One, in almost all videos you'll find that they stood next to each other. So its not about build quality or material but its how smartphones are evolving.
33. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And look at the HTC One and Nokia Bezels (I still have N73.N95 8gb and n85)
31. nlbates66 (Posts: 169; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
build quality is not determined by how quickly something smashes when I drop it.
87. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
My old SII survived more than its share of falls! SIII is more dubious so I got a nice case!
55. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
In my opinion, i think most people call it cheap because of it's 'hyperglazed' feel.
Samsung can do themself a favor and make the plastic with a matte finish on the Note 3. Atleast, that will give it some solid and grippy feel.
59. catt4u (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
You're right about that!
I love the design/look and feel from my S2 and Note1 far more than that of my S3 and Note2.
I realy hope Samsung goes back to the design of the Note1 with the upcoming Note3.
A minimum of 32GB and 3GB rom, HD screen and a smaller bezel, and less rounded corners.
I don't realy like the design of the Note2;
It's just the complete specs package AND the stylus I went for with the Note2.
68. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think the minimum internal memory should still be 16GB as long as it's expandable and the available memory kept in check, and i bet you meant 3GB RAM...which is somewhat odd. Not that it can't be done but it's unconventional. Anything from 2GB up are usually 4GB.
A 720p resolution on a 5.99 incher is going to be jaggy...i suppose you mean FHD.
19. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
the title of this article is funny...
"Samsung Galaxy Note III to have the same plastic fantastic body like the Galaxy S4"
FANTASTIC BODY??? are you kidding me?
its not fantastic...its REAL CHEAP PLASTIC BODY
27. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If they called it MAGNIFICENT PLASTIC BODY, what will you say?
52. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sometimes you've got to understand sarcasm even though it's not right at your face.
Plastic...fantastic...these words rhyme to form a mockery for Samsung's continued usage of plastic. Cheap or not, i don't know...it depends on the user.
22. KParks23 (Posts: 395; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
All these morons are lining up to get the plastic POS s4 why should they change anything!
112. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Alumnium isn't any more expensive/premium than plastic.
24. Kurai (unregistered)
lol even phonearena is mocking samsung now . . .
41. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Samsung pleaseee ..
Don't do this cruel :'(
I am big fan of you ..please use htc one like body or lumia 925..
If metal you cant ,please put a matt finish at least ?? Glossy feeel sucks ..I am okey with plastic..I wil adjust as far as internal is considered.
Please I don't want to wait till Note 4 .
42. fanboy1974 (Posts: 940; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The S4 is selling faster the S3. No one cares that the phone is plastic. People are using cases to give it protection and it's a good way to customize your device. The case on my Note 2 still looks great, has a nice grippy feel and has port protectors.
58. jroc74 (Posts: 3605; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
After having a G Nex....plastic isnt as bad as some of yall make it. I didnt like the phone....but it had nothing to do with the materials.
78. KParks23 (Posts: 395; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Plastic is not bad.. Its samsung plastic thats bad im sure if there polycarbonate was like nokias it would not be a problem but crapsung seems to use the cheapest thing possible
60. tiara6918 (Posts: 1198; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If it's plastic again I hope they'll use the same blue cover on the black galaxy note1. I don't understand Samsung,they can make plastic phones with better materials but lately they've been using the cheap glossy one
63. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, don't know what's happening with Samsung.
91. htcone (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
I like the way how you think.
Love it :)
Hands down plastic better use s**t instead.
94. maxspecs (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
metal for note 3 will be hard, but plastic may look good just they need to improve the design. make that curve less something like the s2 or note 1, but still never remove the curved edges
95. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Aluminum production from state of bauxite ore mining to smelting etc is all Environment Unfriendly
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Come on, it's just a bigger S4, and the same boring design again. NOTHING MORE.
Samsung is too predictable.
10. vincelongman (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I agree with you, but I hope we're wrong and Samsung use a even better design or at least a better matte plastic.
5. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Hoping again that this will not happen even though i dont have any problem with plastic, i just cant stand the harsh attacks of the online society..
6. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
expected.....coz Samsung really loves Plastic! :)
7. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I still waiting for the Note3!!!!!!! And I love my Note2
54. rgxVOiD (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I think you're waiting for the wrong phone.
Me(i) 2 belongs to Xiaomi
103. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1440; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As am I, BEST phone I've ever had. You can talk s**t about polycarbonite all you want, aluminum just feels like garbage... hot, heavy, GARBAGE
11. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 373; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
More plastic is not fantastic (unless its a Matt finish with a better design(Nokia)). CURSE YOU SAMSUNG!!!!!