Samsung Galaxy Note III photo samples spotted, a prototype device stares back at us
Of course, there's less mystery than usual, for we've already seen this particular prototype. Samsung is well known for using dummy devices to cover the actual look of upcoming smartphones. Nevertheless, we've already had quite a few indications that the device won't disregard its heritage in terms of its design.
The Samsung Galaxy Note III is expected to come in several variants, one powered by a quad-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 and probably at least one another, running Samsung's Exynos 5240 octa-core chipset. The amount of RAM is pegged at 3GB, with the diagonal of the phablet measuring in at 5.7-inch according to the latest information. If you're curious to know what these mean, the Snapdragon 800-equipped version has already paid synthetic benchmarks a visit, smoking the competition. Launch has been suggested to take place as early as September 4, or about a month from now.
Samsung Galaxy Note III photo samples Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Samsung Galaxy Note III photo samples
source: Picasa via Techkiddy, SamMobile
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If that's an authentic camera sample, i'm really disappointed. But it is from a prototype so...will wait for more.
5. ebubekir26 (Posts: 300; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
"I'm really disppointed" as if this is taken a day before the announcement ? maybe they are fake.
this device is not even out yet, and alsmost every spotted samples have this quality, what where you expecting, very sharp 13mp images? yes you are going to see them but you have to wait till the Note III comes out
that's why I don't expect too much when I click these "spotted camera samples" articles
18. donfem (Posts: 386; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
He definitely is expecting a "tailor made spec" specifically for him which when he sees, will still complain.
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Get your shoes right...i'm talking about image quality here, not specs.
Do me a favor and don't join a band wagon if you don't know what you're going to hit.
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Did you read properly?
I said if that's an authentic camera sample. And you can also read the following...Whine all you want pessimists.
2. ebubekir26 (Posts: 300; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
just like every other "spotted photo samples" it's blurry.
24. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 367; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
yup. but forget the image quality and look at the reflection in the second pic; the phone has sharp corners! its either fake or smsung is gonna change the design.
30. maccess (Posts: 392; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
it's the same like the s3 leaked before.. they put the s3 in a boxy cover to hide its original shape.. i think the note will not much different with the s4 shape wise.. but with more beastly spec inside..
12. bparkerson (Posts: 96; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Hell, they all look "a little grainy"! Why publish this article anyway? The pictures as well as the prototype is irrelevant to the actual Note 3. Wasted time with this article!
4. apexthe31 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Capturing ipod touch 5th with note 3? and even in 4th pic you can clearly see change of font even fonts are much darker then it should be. clearly fake pics.
6. Chris.P (Posts: 111; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
These are different photo samples, leaked on different dates from different sources (allegedly). It's a kind of a recap :).
28. Commentator (Posts: 1866; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
As if taking a test picture of an iPod makes them fake. Grow up.
7. flynfree (Posts: 363; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
From Gnote2 user, 16 gig of Rom is not enough for high end phablet! Let you make it 32 gig min.pls!
9. nobelset (Posts: 244; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Dude we have a micro SD slot. I'd rather buy a 16GB version and a 32/64GB micro SD.
13. flynfree (Posts: 363; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Guys, I'm not counting the sd card here, my concern is internal memory itself.
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I used the SD card swap option on Beans rom with no problems. 64gig shows up as the primary storage and 16gig was the sd card. I haven’t used it in a while because 16gig is enough for what I do but the option is still there. Assuming that the bootloader will be unlocked I don’t see why this would not work on the Note 3. Another reason why I’m sticking with Samsung; sd card support.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
3gigs of ram more than makes up for it. Plus I’ll just bring over my 64gig card from my Note 2. The sd card is the gift that keeps on giving.
8. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
With those sharp corners, is the Note III the first of the Design 3.0 devices?
11. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
We've been reduced to reflections of phones on other phones now.
14. johnnophoneman (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
flynfree....do you mean internal memory in the case of not being able to add apps to the external card?
32. flynfree (Posts: 363; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Yes, and also in photography, some video record/picture cannot move to sd automatically. I know you can swap sd memory and internal memory, but I don't want that way.
15. gazmatic (Posts: 501; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
is it me or does every single samsung device since the gs3 look EXACTLY the same
19. donfem (Posts: 386; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And "looking the same" means same specs or no changes made?
17. bigstrudel (Posts: 392; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Still using that ancient 3 button design.
31. maccess (Posts: 392; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
still absolutely much more usable than just single home button
25. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Techkiddy = untrusted chinese source. For one, I still don't buy this rumour started by EVLeaks that the screen will be just 5.7 inches. The screen variation information is fact.
26. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
"Recap" or repeat - ve vant facts, my Capitán!!
27. sswain (Posts: 31; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
If there wont be 32GB internal memory, I wont buy III.
Note II is fine, just 16GB is really not enough. I have also 64GB sd card of course too. Still not enough.
For Note III - 32GB min internal, and better somebody make 128GB microsd card already!!!!!!!!
Or put dual microSD card slot in NoteIII , what could partially solve problem.
29. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Two MicroSD slots would make me give up my Note 2, otherwise there's not a damn thing wrong with it. And, the best part is, I don't have to sync to iTunes.
33. taojj (Posts: 28; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Sony Xperia Z Ultra is way better than Samsung Galaxy Note II & probably Note III