Samsung Galaxy Note III may support 4K video recording
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 00:11 posted on
The big push in TVs right now is towards 4K Ultra HD. Of course, it's hard to get people to buy a 4K TV if there isn't that much media that can be viewed on said TV. There are of course 4K Blu Ray movies coming out, but it is always nice if you can create your own content for your new 4K TV. Maybe that would mean buying a fancy new camera, or if rumors are true, it will mean buying a Samsung Galaxy Note III...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
a 1/3" camera sensor and 4k resolution. very impressive samsung. very impressive. /s
what the heck was samsung engineers thinking? oh wait, they dont have an engineering team, they have marketing team only.
7. timukh (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
1080p recording with 60fps would had been a more realistic and better option than 4k!
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Nobody said there won't be 60fps, this particular rumor only comments on 4k. Not sure 60fps makes a difference though, most ppl. don't see more than like 40 frames per second. Also think that the longest theoretical shutter time can only be 1/60s, that doesn't let through enough light any time the Sun is covered in cloud or in worse conditions. A small sensor can take 8 sharp MPs @ 30FPS, but 60 frames would not look good even at 2MP due to light restrictions.
34. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Only console peasants should say such a thing. People can see the difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS. Stop spreading random crap spewed from your mind without facts as well. It all depends on the hardware and the size of the camera sensor's pixels you peasant. PC Master Race.
13. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
OhMY.. Have you seen the well-praised internal of galaxy s4? Haha stupid Hater, compare it to HtC one's and maybe others as well, and you'll see how neat and excellent sammy engg team is.
Everyone is jealous on samsung's marketing why?? Because no other manufacturers can make a commercial that will showcase multiple fun, excellent and useful features of A REAL SMARTphone ;)) Dump all your lowlight features, aluminum features etc etc ;) Peace
22. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1492; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Yes cause a company products are considered REAL and GREAT only if it has great marketing. Otherwise its s**t according to you.Obviously you are a Samsung sheep and any comment you make is considered spam. On the other hand Samsung smartphones are great and above all great value for money. Only issue Samsung has is for using the plastic it uses which makes the phone look kinda cheap compared to its competitors.
28. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cmon im not pointing towards marketing.. read between the lines
31. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Hey! What about Xperia Honami??? You are talking like it's never been done before?
2. sapibuntinx (Posts: 57; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I don't need those 4k recording, just give me those thin bezels!! (cough2 honami)
8. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
buy a LG G2 and shove it down your throat so deeply that, that cough goes away forever.
29. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
honami will have giant bezels just look at the z ultra
30. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
not will have, *does have. we all have seen the pictures. Anyways, thanks Captain.Obvious.
3. Galaviz8 (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 May 2013)
That would be sick but for know technology is limited as long as its a good camera better than the already amazing note 2 camera sold!!!
6. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
You know, it's a nice feature to have, but the good thing is that you won't have to use it. I kind of doubt they'll set the camera to 4k automatically, most likely "just" 1080p for the default setting. Eventually it will be nice though
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Meh..... itll be much nicer, if it could be viewed on the phone, at its fullest defintion...@$6999 a tv,, its useless, too even have....js
10. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I am starting to think that with my Note 2.
11. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4K is too big and I don't have a 4k bluray or TV!!! Man I love my note but if Sammy keeps this stuff i'm going LG
25. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
"No". That's how you spell it.
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Too many exaggerated people here. Does it mean that if samsung gave 4k option to your mobile, you are always required to use it or lower res video options are extinguished? Duhhh brain must be used ;)
35. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I know some people are just Samsung haters. There is nothing wrong with having the ability to record 4k. More future proof... When ultra HD becomes popular you wish your phone could record at 4k.
Who knows what Samsung is up to. Perhaps there will be a different back cover that increases storage up to 1TB? External flash memory can take very little space. Just look how small and thin MicroSD is. You can even squeeze one in between you back cover and phone.
15. Trex95 (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
4K and 9 gb internal! Samsung should go with 128 gb like Iphone 5s at least.
16. ngyixian96 (Posts: 91; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Sony xperia z1 ( honami ) will better than it , I guess
23. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1492; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Yep like the did with xperia Z compared to S4. Ohh wait.. Sony doesnt know how to make a good camera in a phone. Its a fact. Compare any Sony phone to its competitor and it has worse camera. But we can only hope that Z1 will have that wow camera that Sony has been doing on real cameras and DSLR's for years now.
24. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1492; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Since all geek sheeps fanboys like to youse phone specs as a di-ck contest I guess iPhone's 5S rumoured 120fps will blow your mind..
32. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Galaxy s4 exynos octa already do 720p @ 120 fps...which is what that has been rumored for the iphone 5s...so no big deal here..