Samsung Galaxy Note III may come in multiple sizes
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2013, 12:04 posted on
We have been having trouble sorting through the rumors surrounding the Samsung Galaxy Note III, because original reports had the device launching with a 6-inch display, while more recent reports have been saying it will be a 5.7-inch display. It turns out that both may be right, because the new theory is that the Note III will launch in multiple sizes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I dont know about you, but Im ready for Samsung to reveal the Note 3 now. Im tired of the rumors and ready for the real thing!!!
14. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
5.5" is the dual sim asian variant, made for itty bitty hands
6.0" is the USA LTE-A super sized variant
33. moroninc (Posts: 192; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
really?? im asian and ive got bigger hands than you, i use the note II with one hand you racist dingo
34. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
A dingo stole my baby.
(You have no idea how long I've been sitting on that just waiting for the opportunity to drop that quote. Thank you.)
35. moroninc (Posts: 192; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
knock yourself out. and FYI Asian are indians, Chinese Malay, Korean, Australian, even Isrealis are Asian so when you say little hands you must be really narrow in the head from watching way too many George Bush
38. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Which Asian country consumed the whole continent of Australia? O.o
42. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Because there are three main races in the world - Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid.
I'm sure you can figure out which one Asians fall under.
45. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
the ignorance of the comment gave me cancer
48. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Says the retard who knows nothing about race.
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
squallz506(comment of size)/moroninc(comment against racism)X Note III size = size of hands.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'll take two double sized Note 3 with the smaller one for my girlfriend.
1 S4 duos for my dad, 1 S4 active for my bro, 1S4 mini for my mom and the S4 zoom for my photographer friend...and make it HOT with extra cheese please!
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just don't read those rumors. Just wait for their conference like I am. I doubt it will get shown off at IFA 13'.
31. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Remember that Exynos 5 Octa was broken because it had a non functioning cache coherent bus. I just read on Anandtech that it's been fixed on the new Exynos 5 Octa. This means that battery life will be much better on the Note 3 if it gets the new Octa.
I also saw on gfxbench.com that Adreno 330 is much faster than Tegra 4's GPU so the Snapdragon version of the Note 3 will be an outstanding performer too!
2. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
5.5 inch is the note 2 refresh or possibly the budget note 2 with snapdragon 600 installed.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If Samsung go with 7 inches, their competitor will be the Asus Fonepad. lol
4. TOMarsh1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
different sized screens for different global markets?
( 5.7" for UK, 5.7" and 6.0" for US...)
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Seeing as the US and UK both have LTE, I'd say we will both get a 5.7 and 6 inch version. If such a size variation exists, the 5.7 inch is the budget version and the 6 inch is the premium version, i sincerely hope this is true as i wasn't going to settle for a small 5.7 inch screen.
5. TOMarsh1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
hey, doesn't the Galaxy mega already exist...
23. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Just like Samsung has the Galax Tab (lower end) series tablets along with the Note tablets (premium), there is the Galaxy Mega (low end) and the Note phablet (premium).
49. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 308; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Agreed! We've seen Samsung create s series mini versions, why not a Samsung Galaxy Note III mini version.
7. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
They might be researching the right screen size.
10. TOMarsh1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
asian markets getting 5.5" plastic version?(without xenon flash)
US/European markets getting aluminium design with xenon as standard?
12. ARITRA (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
the thing is..if samsung is going to unveil note 3 on sep 4th..they have already testing it on a day to day basis..i mean the phone is already being assembled and going through final testings..
15. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
If they make a NOTE III ACTIVE im on it. A waterproof note will be dope. I wont put a case on it making it bigger
18. TOMarsh1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
personally I don't think that will happen, here in the UK, the S4 active is selling like cold cakes!
19. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
For something you haven't even seen and from photos which are likely to be doctored or faked. Haters gonna hate.
26. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
So tell me more about the new all-metal design of Note III. Oh, snap! There is no such new design. Except for the metal rim that you Sammy boys enjoy on every single galaxy. From Galaxy Y to Galaxy S4, it's all same. Ugly plastic and 3 buttons. Enjoy convincing yourself that the leaked photos are faked. :)
27. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Why do you hate Samsung, did they attack your family or is it just your a butt hurt hater?
29. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
hey quad, your're here bitching about how ugly Galaxies are, meanwhile Samsung is still king,...
fanboyism made you a blind hater, an idiot
41. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The Note 3 isn't meant to change the design cycle, we are only kidding ourselves if we thought that. The S series is the defining flagship name. Your argument is a recycled one and the person who thumbed you up is obviously an individual with a serious case of inferiority complex against Samsung. ''Ugly Cheap Plastic.....'' I mean, seriously, be original. I could spew the same old rubbish about Sony/Nokia/HTC and LG in their articles and troll all I like, but there isn't a need to because we all choose what we like and competition is a good thing but also, because I use Apple/Samsung/Nokia etc and don't have a preference for whichever brand. Whomever delivers the best experience gets my money, simple as. Reality is fanboys will always shoot down Samsung at whatever chance they get because Samsung, simple as, is the big star and is like Apple, easy to hate because of their popularity. It isn't just about the build quality of Samsung, it is because every fanboy has an underdog mentality, verbally attack the one who is at the top whilst their brand of choice simply isn't good enough to dethrone the reigning champion and doesn't get the attention of what is in their mind is a superior product, but let's face it, is but isn't really attracting the attention of millions of consumers voting with their wallet. I mean, Samsung isn't perfect but to me, they're really the only ones that are actually trying to think outside of the box and not try to improve in one area, they research the market for 10 years ahead.
When Samsung does adapt Carbon Fibre build for design 3.0 for the S5, fanboys will still say ''Looks cheap'' and not realise what the hell Carbon Fibre is in their ignorant un-informed mind.
50. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 308; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Wow! How do people like you get some hung up on designs? Anybody in their right minds would take performance and features over designs any day. Most people including myself put a case on our phones anyway, so what's the point of being so concerned with the design.
51. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 308; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'll take that ugly with a side of great battery life and sd card expansion slot, hold the uni-body design because I like to be able to replace my battery at will.
20. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Samsung is Confusing people with their Galaxy Series.
Different Names - Same Design - Little Specification variation.
21. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Will launch with 4.3 Jelly Bean while the S4 will get it in 4 months, the S3 in 6 months, and the S2 right before the sun turns into a red giant. Thank goodness for Nexii.
28. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
For those who says Samsung is ugly and cheap plastic made, then don't buy, you have a lot of choices!
Cannot accept that Samsung is the King in Android world ha!
32. livyatan (Posts: 862; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I wanted 5.8'' , but I guess 5.7'' will have to do haha
37. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Bigger doesn't mean better, at least that's what I tell my wife.
44. Padam89 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
I am waiting galaxy note III, but if Samsung made less than 6" I will skip Samsung and will go with xperia Z ultra for sure
46. ARITRA (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
XPERIA Z ULTRA IS GREAT BUT THE CAMERA IS AVERAGE I THINK..ONLY 8 MP..NO FLASH..NO SPECIAL SOFTWARES LIKE THE S-NOTE ON NOTE 2!:(
52. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3423; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Cool, so they're going compete with themselves.