Samsung Galaxy Note III hits the benchmarks, confirms specs
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 09:48 posted on
An alleged benchmark showing us two variants of the Note III has been spotted on GFXBench's site...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. stylin1739 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jun 2011)
FIRST! Why that matters I dont know. However I will say if this comes to the US with the exact specs it will be my first Samsung phone and I will retire my Xoom...
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8819; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is my next phone or the iPhone 5S. :')
13. rcl4444 (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
How can you even compare the two?
A 5.7"-6" screen with pen (almost tablet) to a 4" screen phone? And that's before you look past the surface!
18. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Who says that he is comparing the two? Those just happen to be the two phones he has it narrowed down to.
50. RomeoJDR (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it is odd to have such vastly different phones narrowed down to your 2 choices. Kinda like a Jekyl and Hyde thing going on.
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I can honestly tell you this will be my phone. The root scene with the Galaxy S IV & Note II are killer.
I expect the Note III to follow in those footsteps.
15. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Brace yourself to celebrate the birth of the beast.
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
GREAT avatar & I agree with your comment. You are 100% correct!!!
+1 to you.
40. GTR722 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Is Samsung cheating with this benchmarks too ?? :P
48. AnTuTu (Posts: 936; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
"Brace yourself to celebrate the birth of the beast" ----> Only few would understand :)
46. AnTuTu (Posts: 936; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
A kick a$$ beast on its way.....................
2. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
It's time for the galaxy s series and note to break up. Totally different designs would be good...
47. AnTuTu (Posts: 936; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Agreed. Probably a solid uni-body design :)
53. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
If that is what they're going to do then a micro sd slot is a must have :-(
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lol...we can't be too sure anymore! Can we?
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
There is no such thing as a "boosted benchmark", that is a contradiction.
There is rarely a real-life case when CPU and GPU load is 100% over a long period, not even with the heaviest tasks, so in that sense any raw benchmark score is "boosted", because they simulate situations unlikely to appear in everyday use. Which is why benchmarks are useless to translate to smoothness and stuff.
Benchmarks are to measure maximum raw capabilities of the HW, and if there is a "boosted clock" (others have turbo clock), guess what, then that's the maximum capability of the HW, there is nothing fake in it's scores, that's what it can theoretically do, but that's not what it will do in everyday life, and that statement is true to every gadget out there. Cause 100% CPU/GPU load kills any gadget in 3 hours. So benchmarking itself is a "boost".
30. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
no, my home theater pc has been running between 80 and 100% 24/7 for the last two and a half years. Constantly torrenting, DVR'ing, and streaming. You're wrong.
32. Sauce (unregistered)
"Samsung has been caught using performance-enhancing code to beef up the Galaxy S4′s test scores. It’s been discovered that the tech giant has programmed the handset to increase its clock speed during certain benchmarks."
..."And what’s worse is the site found the same behavior (on the CPU side) in Qualcomm versions of the Galaxy S4, as well as other processors. This seemingly indicates that Samsung isn’t just cheating on benchmarks for one handset, but it’s more of a widespread company policy."
33. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Haven't been reading the news have you? Samsung got caught cheating in benchmark
34. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Nonsense. Idea of benchmarking is to estimate how well devices handle the real work loads thrown to them. With such "boosting", a device would appear to handle the work load better than another "non-boosted" device would, though in reality it wouldn't be any better.
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3617; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u can't, u don't have permission for that.
6. kassi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 May 2013)
adreno 330 is a big step foward, im interested if the mali T628 will be usable in phones.
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yes, it should come very close, quite possibly finish on top.
11. ehenry818 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
I am disappointed from all the rumors. I was really hoping it would be 6" but most leaks are pointing to it being 5.7". The other thing I would like to see is the 32 gb version released. They seem to always want to only release the 16 gig version across all mobile providers in the US. But I will still buy it when it comes out, my S3 is too small for me.
14. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
I will replace my 50 in TV for this Phone... lmao...Way too big!!
20. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I think being too small is worst then being too big when it comes to smart phones. Heck, you can even apply this to food portions. I'd rather have a large pizza than a small one.
31. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You sir, are a full blooded american.
17. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I’m actually passing on the Note 3 on launch day and I might keep my Note 2 just because the new Nexus 7 will keep me entertained for some time. I’ve already unlocked the bootloader and loaded up my first custom rom and kernel; the tablet just flies and the display is the best. Having a large phone (5.5” to 6.5”) and a small tablet really does not make sense.
I was the first to bad mouth the moto x so let’s see what happens on Thursday. I may not need a super duper Android device this time around. On a separate note I tried using my wife’s iPhone 5 yesterday and I started having withdrawal pains so most likely no iPhone 5s for me.
22. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 843; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Hope there will be a Exynos 5 variant, no way will I even consider something being driven by a Qualcomm CPU, learnt a hard lesson with my Xperia X10.
23. 7Upside (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
shame on shamesung..good for cheater ever..like s4..tsk...tsk...tsk....
24. shamatuu (Posts: 148; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
It will probably be like the GS 4. Killer specs but the note 2 is still a good phone and whatever Samsung in terms of software for better or worse will carry over to the Note 2 also. Still plastic design. Not metal until the 4 fourth gen since they have more time to experiment on. Again guessing but basing on the GS 4 it's a high probability it will be like that.
26. PK1983 (Posts: 182; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Samsung is becoming as douchie as Apple.
At lease Samsung makes better products though.
27. Mr-Robert (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
What the hell happened to there own E5420 CPU? I thought they only use there own Exynos on there international devices and Crapdragon on US....? It's a M3 it should'ev been the one and only Exynos. Again a device with no A15 cores...
39. AfterShock (Posts: 2880; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Still don't care for Samsung's looks.
Besides they creak worse than a crack ho's bed on payday.
51. RomeoJDR (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
I got a Note 10.1 and can attest to that.
41. roscuthiii (Posts: 1861; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
43. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
think i can sale my S4GE with 64GB memorycard and otter case for the phone?....ill make it happen lol
54. poping (unregistered)
pls... pls... pls...
make the bezels thinner than G2's...
pls... pls... pls...