Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Galaxy S III vs Galaxy Note vs LG Optimus Vu: spec comparison
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah, head to toe the Samsung Galaxy Note II just outclasses everything that is out there. I like that the Note II is THINNER than the original Note even with the 3100mAH battery. Wow truly a technological marvel is what the Galaxy Note II is!.
19. galanoth (Posts: 355; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Yea it doesn't beat the Razr Maxx in terms of capacity, but at the expense of 200mah, it is removable.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and at that expense is build quality. it's a tired argument, don't have me make it.
27. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
its a battery get over it. the phone is still better razr maxx is a great phone but come on seriously this phone aka phablet is the best thing out there right now.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's all i was talking about was the battery aspects. who would say the MAXX is better than the Note II overall? i mean seriously?
39. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
It cant, thanx to its 5.5 inches screen
44. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Trust me it makes the RAZR MAXX look retarded even with the snapdragon S4 that is in the Galaxy S3. The fact that the Galaxy Note 2 is quadcore exynos with the 3100 mah battery software alone the NOTE 2 makes the RAZR MAXX USELESS. My Galaxy S3 gets 15 to 19hrs daily battery life and that's on a snapdragon s4 2gb of ram and 2100 mah battery. So ask yourself how much better can your Razr Maxx really be?? You don't even have jellybean and won't see it anytime soon for that matter you just got ice cream sandwich....Don't fool yourself my friend...
34. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I know people harp on the display diagonal, which is 5.5" -- however, I bet the original Note with it's 5.3" diagonal gives the user about the same display area. By making the phone thinner, it allows for more ease of holding the device, however, it makes using it in portrait mode less attractive.
I am disappointed that Samsung wasn't able to shave off more weight in the upgrade. 180 grams or 6.35 oz is a heavy device. If the device came in at 5.5 oz or less, it would be a home run.
35. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your complaining over 0.85 grams on a device that is nearly a tablet. can you pick up something and tell me what less than a gram feels like? The iphone is nearly 5grams. You want it to be almost literally twice as big as the iphone, yet only about a half gram heavier??? realistic expectations man.
3. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
The only question I have now would be when is it going to be released in the U.S and to what carrier(s)?
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, that's the question on everybody's mind right now. o:
13. The_Godfather (Posts: 184; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If you are in States then probably you have to buy an iPhone not this monster (Note 2) from Sammy that is a new law in States just introduced couple of weeks back. Don't you know? lolzzz
1 word for Note 2 -----------> Beast
6. Carlitos (Posts: 378; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Its certain At&t will get it. Maybe T-mobile. But the Question really entails Verizon and Sprint :p
5. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Man, are you f**kin serious right now? f**k the f**kin Maxx. Only reason why your saying that is because the Note isn't gonna come over to Screwizon. It will be the 2nd time that Screwizon has screwed over their subscribers. Good luck with that bulls**t Optimus Vu crap when that comes out.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh look, it's hot head Wildmanfan again! hello!
i'm just talking about in terms of intelligent design and battery innovation. the MAXX is a much smaller and thinner phone using last generation parts and still manages to 1-UP the Note II by 200mAh. just sayin'. ;P
where's your proof? huh? Verizon got the SIII. why would they pass up the Note II? the Note pass-up was understandable, it was an entirely new class of device and it was a risky pitch but it paid off for AT&T and Verizon caught hell for never carrying it. Verizon knows now that the Note series is a hit and Samsung can only profit by giving it to the largest US Carrier. i'll bet Verizon gets it this time, in fact i think it'll follow suit with the SIII and be available on all the carriers.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
id be very surprised if its not on all carriers. It was a much bigger hit than even samsung expected. They probably lost a good 5 million+ sales by not having it on the other 3 carriers.
Doesnt the maxx use a new type of battery? Id still rather take the 4412 over the dual omap in the max.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
exactly. the SIII was really the first Samsung to come out in recent memory that everyone knew would be an immensely huge hit so of course all the carriers opted in, same for the Note II i'm sure.
beats me, it's the EB40 by Motorola if you want to look it up in the future. of course, of course, it wasn't my intention to compare the entire phone, just the battery accomplishment.
22. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Well, King, always nice to see you have all that intelligent cockiness in you as nothing has changed.
200mAh is blah. That could probably be used in about 15 minutes.
Everybody got the S3. That wasn't a big thing. But remember something: Supposedly the Optimus Vu is coming which in my opinion is complete crap. The other thing that makes me wonder if VZW will get the Note 2 is that supposedly HTC is specifically designing a "monster phone" for the Verizon only market. Now, if VZW gets the Note II AND this HTC monster, that may not mix and HTC may have tarnished relations with VZW and vice versa. That's my theory.
For the record, I kinda like in some sick way, our Megatron/Starscream relationship.
28. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
I agree with this guy.. Verizon has to keep their partnerships in good standing and bringing that phablet to verizon as nice as it sounds most likely will not happen.. the LG phablet prolly wont be as bad though.. but I'm not really into those types of phones..
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HAHAHA! nice way to put it. i get a kick out of this as well. xD
i don't think Verizon would pass up the Note II for HTC's first Phablet endeavor even if it did risk their relationship which i don't think it will and besides if HTC wants their first Phablet on any carrier it's the currently Note-less Verizon.
7. HouTexan (Posts: 341; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Is it built with the same material as the Galaxy S3, or different? Or, no one knows at the moment? Just wondering, because Samsung said it would be a more premium build. I can't wait for it to hit the states!!!
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
I would choose Samsung galaxy s3 :)
14. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 382; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
heyy whoever gave this big boob asian a thumb down, let her alone lol
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
said a box of Waka Flocka Flame's Breakfast Cereal...
18. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Haha. Dude I just laughed so hard at your comment!
16. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a dude with a chick's picture.. lol thats an asian model.
10. dcgore (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I think most importantly for many is what the US version is going to be like. Don't think many current note owners would make the jump if the US Note 2 has a dual core processor.
11. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 382; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Where is the iPhone 5 with a small display? ok standard average display
12. cncrim (Posts: 604; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Now this is android phone I want since first galaxy........
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I will side with the LG on this one... better screen and don't come with the baggage the Samsung products do.. in a few weeks we will hear on something wrong with the Note 2. no explosion or cracks this time.. watch
21. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
since they "copy" apple so much, they will probably have an antenna issue from "holding it wrong" and have yellow splotches on the screen. They are already "copying" the iphone's drop quality... lol Good thing iphones never have issues either.
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Apple has issues but we are talking about the Note 2 why do you have to bring Apple into every Article..let it rest remix...
26. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
because you did. The iphones are notorious for explosions and cracking. That isnt what you were talking about? Oh.. you had your iFacts messed up.. lol
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
didnt the SGSIII caught fire at one point..?.. sometimesi forget that fandroids dont understand something but instead of asking to repeat start assuming looking dumb when off topic.. remix..
32. barondebxl (Posts: 106; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
And you Itards need to get your facts straight. That S3 was microwaved, but you wouldn't know a damn thing cause you only see what Apple tells you.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
speaking of looking dumb, you know that was a fake "fire"? they guy admitting to purposely microwaving/destroying his device for attention.
woopsie to you... again... lol
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it would have been a woopsie but........ the cracks on the SGSIII was correct so i a half woopsie, but I guess you didnt adress that huh..
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the thing with the LG is that it uses a 3rd generation Snapdragon and it's 4:3 aspect ration will cause third party compatibility issues.
41. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
the global version of the Vu uses Tegra 3. not the dual core S3. it also runs ICS out of the box. PA should really update the specs. plus, the LG Intuition (American version of the Vu) hasn't been officially announced but i believe it will have e same specs as the global version
42. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it went from an S3 to a T3 in certain markets but if it were to come here it would be a form of Snapdragon because the Tegra III wouldn't be compatible with Verizon's LTE network.
45. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
turns out the LG Intuition has the S4~
47. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Optimus Vu still has an S3 so what's your point? to come in with new information in an attempt to prove me wrong?
40. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i think the specs of the Optimus Vu should be updated. the global version comes with Tegra 3, ICS. only the Korea version has those specs listed.