Samsung Galaxy Note II specs preview
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Jul 2012, 06:12
Let's try to extract the vital, most important info from all the speculations and see how the Galaxy Note II is shaping up in terms of specs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Grishm posted on 27 Jul 2012, 06:33 6 24
Galaxy Note! One of the fewest good phones manufactured by Samsung.
8. Ohrules posted on 27 Jul 2012, 07:14 17 2
how about "the note looks like a smaller iPad"?
10. bigdawg23 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 07:25 14 1
LOL. But your right they will try some how.
22. DigitalBoy05 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 18:26 1 0
thats called the iphone ;)
14. monkeytown posted on 27 Jul 2012, 09:00 2 1
would be funny if it wasn´t sad :(
2. som posted on 27 Jul 2012, 06:35 16 4
Great for Samsung for not suing others copied screen size 5.3 - 5.5 gigantic phone. Rotten Apple filed lawsuits and expected Samsung to pay $2.5 billions for "the looks and feels" on Samsung Galaxy S to iPhone. Apple's CEOs are very crazy people like Steve Jobs and now Tim is trying to Cooks Samsung.
20. nofear posted on 27 Jul 2012, 10:57 1 3
I really want to ask Apple to come over and to LOOK and FEEL T-H-I-S!
6. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 27 Jul 2012, 07:06 6 5
We need hard cold facts; not iRumors.
U.S. Carrier Availability?
33. xcasasx posted on 29 Jul 2012, 01:48 0 0
i dont think verizon will get it lol but 9/10 AT&T will ;]
12. ardent1 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 07:32 0 5
Samsung will make the "fat phone" narrower so it will be easier or more comfortable to hold. Basically, it will be more rectangular than the first generation.
26. anywherehome posted on 28 Jul 2012, 01:45 0 0
If you dont need to work, dont buy it an buy just iPhone as a toy for children ;)
15. u-suck-more posted on 27 Jul 2012, 09:01 5 13
i dont care how ''great'' the Note 2 is going to be, im NOT getting it. cos my current Galaxy Note is a piece of junk and i f**king hate it! and the Galaxy Note is suppose to be the ''best dual core phone'', so yea, NEVER GETTING SAMSUNG AGAIN! been let down by Samsung twice already
17. nofear posted on 27 Jul 2012, 10:53 1 4
Try MOTO MAXX! It is a sign of your personality and Samsung device compatibility issue.
21. mandkeee posted on 27 Jul 2012, 11:54 2 7
if you wanna buy android device???
HTC or moto are way better....because at least they dont copy from apple that much....
samsung = copycat
27. u-suck-more posted on 28 Jul 2012, 03:45 1 1
yes i agree. in fact the only android phnes im ever going to get will be LG, Sony or Moto.
23. ChangMin2012 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 19:08 3 2
Want a phone that is superior in every way than samsung? Try Sony Xperia. Best phone ever.
43. remixfa posted on 26 Aug 2012, 19:51 0 0
yea.. unless you compare it to a galaxy phone. Its inferior in every way hardware wise.
25. Jasonhunterx posted on 27 Jul 2012, 23:32 0 0
Root it an i don't see what is wrong with the phone hardware is excellent
28. u-suck-more posted on 28 Jul 2012, 03:47 0 0
how is e hardware excellent? kinetic scrolling is so choppy, the phone hangs and it lags even when i scroll through pages! and mind u, i dont have many apps on my phone. im not going to root it. the phone is like 3 months old only.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jul 2012, 23:39 0 0
i'd find that hard to believe if you have the International Variant but if you have the Crapdragon powered US Variant then i could find that a little more believable.
34. u-suck-more posted on 29 Jul 2012, 07:33 0 0
well it is true. looks like exynos isnt as great as i thought. oh FYI, the phone lags worse than my Optimus 3D and my Optimus 3D has never hanged on me before, but the far superior Note has for some odd reason
35. KingKurogiii posted on 29 Jul 2012, 13:08 0 0
it must be something with your particular device then because nothing with Exynos lags. the Note wouldn't be THAT much better than the 3D being that it uses an OMAP4430 which is second to the Exynos from SoCs from that generation but the Note should be noticeably faster.
38. u-suck-more posted on 08 Aug 2012, 22:21 0 0
but considering that the Note has almost 50% more RAM and that Samsung is known for good software optimization and LG isn't, shouldn't the Note be significantly better??
42. brandnew234 posted on 26 Aug 2012, 19:45 0 0
Laggy? Heard of project butter? 60 fps all the time. Faster then apple stuff.
16. superguy posted on 27 Jul 2012, 09:46 0 0
"However, it turned out that there is a market for such kind of device, which attempts to fill the gap between a smartphone and a tablet"
Um ya ... Have you been to Korea lately? Notes are EVERYWHERE. Some even had TV antennas on them. I saw tons of Koreans using them, and they're very heavily advertised.
18. nofear posted on 27 Jul 2012, 10:55 0 0
I'm certain that Verizon is going to have this one their shelve.
19. Hammerfest posted on 27 Jul 2012, 10:55 0 0
I swear, if they put a lower resolution and s**ttier aspect ratio on the screen, im done with Samsung... 16:10 is the PERFECT aspect ratio, 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, or 1920x1200 are all perfectly acceptable resolutions...
30. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jul 2012, 23:37 0 0
i think this will have...
same "pebble" design philosophy as the SIII but bigger as this will make holding this gargantuan phone much easier.
720p Display w/ HDSA+ Technology.
an Exynos 4412 but maybe + versions of both the SIII and Note II w/ the 5250 will come at around early upgrade time for SII owners if not then i guess that beauty will come in the SIV.
same 8MP that's in the SIII but maybe a higher resolution for the FF camera because of the Device's Tablet Nature.
Jelly Bean w/ TWUX, especially considering that the SIII is supposedly getting it next month. i wouldn't cross your fingers though.
44. remixfa posted on 26 Aug 2012, 19:53 0 0
At minimum it should be a slightly overclocked 4412. I still think there's a small chance of a E5 dual though. Gots my fingers crossed. throw it up to 2 gig of ram and a 10mpx camera!!! yea... no, but its a nice though though :). z
I really doubt it wont have 4.1 on it. That would just be ridiculous
37. PhoneFanatic.com posted on 08 Aug 2012, 17:11 0 0
Get the T-Mobile Galaxy Note for FREE if you are a new customer or for $29.99 for upgrade customers at Walmart. This is a phenomenal deal. You can even get the no contract version for $350. Pair it with a T-Mobile prepaid plan to save a ton of money.
39. bomariam1 posted on 12 Aug 2012, 23:21 0 1
the note is a powerfull tool, and a thiner one, faster core and flix screen will be a killer phone.