Samsung Galaxy Note II said to have flexible, thinner 5.5-inch AMOLED display
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2012, 06:18 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have a 5.5-inch AMOLED display which will be thinner and hold your breaths... flexible…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Samsung, the smartphone bender? the new avatar? :)))
35. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
why did i receive too much thumbs down here? gahd, you people are too serious and can't take humors.
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6142; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Bender will Blend and bite his metal shiny a$$ or in this case the GALAXY NOTE A$$
2. PAPINYC (Posts: 2189; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yeah, but will it bend to the right or curve to the left?
19. greathero1 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Lol! I damn near chocked on my coffee when I saw this lol!
3. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
now it cant be break that easy thats the only advantage, dont need to bend :-)
thank u samsung now we need JB and a edge2edge design and a bigger battery
4. hateftotti (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 May 2011)
So which one is innovative???
Samsung flexible AMOLED display or apple 9-pin dock connector :)))
Can't wait for this monster(absolutely Note 2 I mean ;))
5. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
hahhaha apple alway do things and claim it as a revolution/inovation
and stupid people believe it hahaha
13. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Here comes the trial of Samsung innovation vs Apple innovation.Best of luck.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6142; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now im glad i skipped the galaxy note. For this monstrous phone
32. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
that means you missed a moment in time buy not participating in the ownership of the most important phone in history
34. Phullofphil (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
thats cool having the flexable screen so you can get a bgger battery without sacroficing thickness cause the thing needs to be as thin as possable so it can be pracical device that has a shot of being carried around in pockets. I hope that the screen is a super amoled hd plus because i read a while back that the flexable screens although nice where not of hd quility or atlies where not as good as the normal one. wich if true i doubt they will have the flexable lcd. I disagree with calling it flexable screen though because concidering that the outer toch panle has to be glass the flexable part has no value because besides the outer touch panal being glass i would bet that the glass and plastic lcd will be bonded together.
Oh and not to sound like a broken record but they better watch out because apple might come out with a flexable screen in a couple years and sue samsung for copprights for future ideas
6. Ohrules (Posts: 305; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
"This would allow for a larger batter without the device being thicker."
when you copy stuff from GSMArena, at least get your spellings right
30. Brewski (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
I hope it's waffle batter and not pancake...
7. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think the main problem with original Note is that it had 16:10 aspect ratio and felt too clumsy when used as a phone (the buyers wanted doubled functionality as phone and tablet). This could be corrected with slimmer aspect ratio like 16:9 (1280x720 instead 1280x800), and I think it will be the case - the screen could be bigger (5,5 inch) and it would gain more functionality for using it as a phone. It would however reduce the pixel denisty but of course, I expect full RGB matrix AMOLED. That would be the killer device then.
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
16:10 will make such big phone slim enough for easy hold
18. bigdawg23 (Posts: 346; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Clumsy is all based on the user. I own the Note and it is not clumsy to me. However, I can see it with small handed people. Something else that is missed, is the number of people using Bluetooth so size really doesn't matter.
21. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So, what's the number of people using BT in comparison to regular on-ear use? If it's above 70%, I'll accept that size doesn't matter ;-)
27. bigdawg23 (Posts: 346; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Just about everyone I work with and see use Bluetooth. I only use Bluetooth in the car.
29. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And I see almost no one using BT. So seeing by an individual is not something we can count on when we predict the way of use... ;-)
9. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Let's figure out how Apple can sue now Samsung due to its Unbreakable Plane. LOL :P
I was holding to get the Samsung Galaxy S III, but I might just wait a little bit longer just to see which one I like the most, GS III or Note II :D
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What about the specs: hope it has 2gb ram, 3000mah battery,
A15 Quad-core or a A9 QC 4412 clocked at 2.0ghz, carbon fibre or Kevlar or
ceramic body! Edge2Edge concept design, with no ugly curves.......
17. MeoCao (unregistered)
We may need flexible screen that much, nice stuff though. But at least bring on the RGB HD AMOLED
20. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Apple has a patent for the name unbreakable pane
23. zuludthunder (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
so it seems the panel is going to be CURVACIOUS rather than bendable as websites r reporting...describing a tinge of curve with the word bendable seems pure exaggeration to me... foldable displays hope to see u get commercialized in somewhere 2017 or beyond...
25. McLTE (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sadly, with the timing.. I'm fearing that the processor in this phone will once again differ between US and European versions. I hope not, but I'm afraid it will be the case.
I'm also not expecting an RGB AMOLED screen, though that would be nice as well. I'm thinking that the Note 3 will implement higher resolution and RGB.
I hope I'm wrong.. even without RGB and exynos.. I will be VERY tempted to get this as soon as it hits Verizon!
26. darkvadervip (Posts: 290; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Shows you how stupid people are. This is simply about the note 2 and to ruin it they bring up apple. Can we just enjoy the article
36. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So they're making their phones thinner when they have known problems with their cheap build quality... doesn't seem like the right move here.