Samsung Galaxy Note II mod adds 256GB storage, much more battery life
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2013, 04:04 posted on
What would you do to add extra battery life and storage capacity to your smartphone? Are you willing to, let's say, sacrifice some of the portability and sexiness of your handset? This XDA-Developers member surely would, and you might be surprised by the benefits he got in return for his cash and effort...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
worth it? not in my book. I am very happy with the note 2 external charger. I prefer swapping batteries. As far as storage is concerned , a 64 GB class 10 does all the chugging for me. No need for this ugly contraption that kills the purpose of having a portable device.
2. farhanmohdyousaf (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 May 2012)
mod couldnt be over $1000, coz the battery pack is like 40-50 bucks (look it up on amazon),the SD card would be $300 tops .. and the modified converter would be about 20-50 bucks making it at about $400 mod and no where close to $1000
3. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I think they are including the cost of the device, which is still about 700 w/o subsidies
12. Retro-touch (Posts: 272; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
The 256GB SD card alone was $1000:
Got that from the XDA thread he posted about this, he spent well over 1000 dollars excluding the price he had to pay for the phone itself
17. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 179; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
19. TruPatriot (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 May 2013)
No shopping allowed when you're trying to be outrageous!
20. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Thats what i did as well. Its so much simpler to swap out the battery when it gets low and have a few extra batteries on hand.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Like sports cars, wife & 3 lovers, 9 shots of tequila, 3 Big Macs or a MacBook, everybody likes an overkill in some way.
9. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Incidentally all the examples that you've quoted "looks" awesome.. This thing in the photos looks like a swollen abomination
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3585; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm fine with a case to protect the phone but this is against the philosophy of looking good + functionality.
I'd rather equip myself with an extra battery and another 64GB card...
7. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
why would you want that much storage capacity in a mobile device? if it gets damaged then you are bound to lose so much data. 64GB or even 32GB should be enough. it's a mobile device after all. you will be sharing what you have with it to more reliable storage.
the battery is a very good mod, though.
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I'm currently using a Class 10 64 gig Kingmax + 64 gig sandisk class 4 usb otg....waay more than enough to satisfy my multimedia needs whenever I go travelling.
16. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Yes, dumb and ugly... Probably heavy and super bulky, too. Defeats the purpose of a portable device.
11. Retro-touch (Posts: 272; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Here's the original thread with more pics
Definitely not worth it, but still an interesting idea
13. belovedson (Posts: 974; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
such baby minds
note 2 + 9000 mah + 288gb + ubuntu = portable mini computer
14. horsecock (unregistered)
That's awesome!!! I'm rocking a "Anker 5200mAh battery" in my GS4 right now. Sure It might not "sexy" any more but I think its amazing that I can go 3-5 days without charging my phone and that's with VERY heavy use. I definitely would try a 9000mAh battery in my S4!!!
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if it was affordable with cases to cover it then yeah, i might would do that. o:
18. aliaselchore (Posts: 9; Member since: 13 Jun 2010)
im rocking that 9000mah battery and its awesome...... i got 2 stock bats and this one and its 2 times as thick and heavy but i can go almost 4 days on a charge.
21. SwamiAchyuteshananda (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Why spend unnecessarily and add bulk? Go for extra power
Cenda 9000 Mah for $50 and seagate wireless 1TB for $250.
You csn use the same with any smart phone on the Go!