Samsung Galaxy Note II image leaks, Jelly Bean coming to Galaxy S III on August 29th?
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2012, 08:42 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note II will get unveiled in a mere two weeks on August 29th, but Samsung might have just failed keeping it a secret…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Keep your fingers crossed that all of this is true?? LOL
21. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is clearly fake.
SS should drop the physical buttons and add dedicated button for the camera.
27. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
What's the point of the camera button when you can place a shortcut on the lockscreen or activate that touch-rotate camera shortcut?
30. MeoCao (unregistered)
Button camera can be used to take quick pictures when the phone is locked or the camera app is off. And it feels better too.
59. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I was thinking that day if that camera shutter button can also be used in applications (If it existed!) like when playing shooting games you can use that button to shoot, makes a lot of sense, and developers can do a lot with it!!!
I think that popular smartphone should offer everything to developers.
40. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Just my opinion, so don't flame me: A physical front-facing button is essential for good functional operation of these mobile devices. A completely button-free phone is a step in the wrong direction, IMO. Android seemed to understood that in the beginning as function reigned over form. I think they tried to one-up iOS and go all button-less for Honeycomb and ICS device. I'm an Android fan, but I Apple has it right with the physical front facing button. You are afforded some much more functionality with such a design. I think iOS fans would riot if their next devices removed this front-facing physical button.
On a related note: Sammy is starting to make these devices a bit too touchy with these CT keys right near the end. I do enjoy the easy response you can get with these CT keys, however, if they are at the edge of the device, as Sammy is doing more of this reduced bezel design, it makes for a very delicate use of their devices. You definitely have to use them with cases that are slight raised around the screen edges to mitigate accidental CT contact.
43. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Why would you want this to be true?
Just another Samsung disappointment. Starting to look like Apple.
How long do we need to wait to see a real cpu/gpu combo and 1080p?
45. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
An Apple phone with a 5.5 inch sceen, nearly edge to edge screen and has an extra function as a digital notebook? I'm not really seeing the resemblance. Although, I wish it was more like an Apple design so it would be housed in premium material instead of Samsung's go-to cheap plastic.
50. The_Godfather (Posts: 186; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Holly mother that looks beast.. give me ma f**kin Note 2 :(
2. droidpop (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Don't want it all to be true, I was so hoping it would have a 1080p display. Still on the top of the list currently for next replacement.
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am looking at this too, but I am also waiting to see what the new Nexus will be like. I am going to wait to see what is up.
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus has been the best phone I have ever owned & It might be VERY hard to leave the Nexus line. I root & the Galaxy Nexus is in a league of it's own.
36. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I think note 2 needs something more than razr maxx's battery........
44. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Exactly! What up with dat?? Why don't these manufacturers use large CAP batteries, since they obviously exists, ala RMaxx. Are these large CAP batteries that much more expensive? And if so, did Motorola take a hit on their device margins by using this just to satisfy the user's demand for battery life?
I would love to know the trade-offs. I'm sure it's not just (or hope it is not) an arbitrary decision.
47. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
I really see a 1080p screen on standard sized phones as pointless since the real estate available really wont show much, if any, noticeable difference over a high quality 720p, but this phone approaches the size territory where it might make a real world difference. I would definitely favor a battery like my Razr Maxx over the 1080p, and if it were to include a full HD resolution, that size battery would be imperative to handle to power hungry monster. Still, as much as I despise Samsung's choice of cheap plastic frames this phone will definitely be impressive and limit the need for most people to pay extra data charges for to keep their tablet on-line on the road and the pen is more useful than you would think until you have a device with that extra function.
52. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1111; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'm hoping for the 4 series Exynos to have support for LTE. Otherwise, we will be seeing another dual-core version here in the US (unless they decide to put the new quad-core S4 chip in). I don't know, I am starting to look forward to seeing what the HTC phablet has to offer.
3. s.mrabet (Posts: 124; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hope they hurry up with the JB update!!
I think the picture of the Note II is fake, because of the position of the power button is too high.
4. caseball2051 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
dont care about the note, but that jellybean S3 news certainly made me smile.
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
what happened to 1080p or flexible amoleds? kind of a let down, but I'd still want that bigger S III... I'm a person with big hands...
looks like a render, like the s3 leaks, but looks good to me.
I wonder if they will keep S Voice when Google Now is available. I consider S Voice bloatware...
6. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
In my opinion, there is nothing special. It's just a giant display GSIII.
56. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
its just a photoshopped SIII.... edited by enlongating and widening it.
7. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
720p Display? 8 MP camera? Old news....next!
8. wgaurav (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
what about Jb update to galaxy nexus -LTE; VZ suck...
18. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
A15QC@Mali-T604@28nm running at 2.5ghz?
38. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is probably for the Samsung Galaxy S IV. Meaning next year.
42. ph00ny (Posts: 1166; Member since: 26 May 2011)
i hope to god, they just skip 28nm halfnode and move straight into 22nm
no more polysi
11. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
i like it, but id rather have the Note II have similar specs to the GSIII. Most know that the Note II is the Phablet version of the GSIII and i think that more people would be appreciative of that...............BUT id stil get the phone lol
13. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
1080p and a 3300mAh battery like in razr maxx please? :(
17. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Boo! I own a S3 and I was really looking forward to buying this SIM free,
but really let down by specs: why not 1500-1100 resolution or something,
why not 3gb ram for proper web browsing, no need to clear
ram every 2 minutes, 400ppi, why still use the 4412, what about
the A15, 52.. series! Come on Samsung u should ev surprise us . But not with the S3. Specs.
20. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Which it would be slimmer... With a different aspect ratio as reported previously reported
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
YESSSS!!!!!!! ICS on my bday :D what a better way To enjoy a new device than getting an update a few days after you buy it, such a nice bday gift ;D
24. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
FAKE!,first of all,all the S galaxy line has their proximity sensor and the front face camera always on one side close to each other,how come this is different?don't be foul folks
26. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
On a serious "Note" if the specs of note 2 are the same as GS3 except the Super Amoled + screen it would not be enough reason for many to chose note over gs3....
46. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The whole reason people WILL choose the Note II over the GSIII because of the big ass screen! I know that's my reasoning!
49. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I agree that a bigger screen is amazing and that too a super amoled plus 1280 * 800 res will be killing.....but with the gs3 u have all of the other features ( may be more) right NOW.....so going ahead and getting a gs3 rather than waiting on Note seems better to me...
I am saying this considering that the rumours about note turn true....
29. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I would say almost certainly a fake.. Hell I could recreate the exact same image using the s3 and just stretching it lol
31. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
This looks like a solid choice. I am not sure about that home button which I do not like but its promising. Also there is no need for a 1080p screen as there isnt much content that can take advantage of it anyway. Yes, you can also create your own but everyone else are just starting to get HD screens. 1080 is a bit much right now.
32. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
it's look like an stretched S3
33. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!
58. Hidro77 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
That's all that pic is. The note 2 will be more rounded but not as much as the GS3.
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well the Note was just a stretched out GS2, it's only logical that the Note 2 be a stretched out GS3.
37. orielwindow (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
Please please please carry this Verizon!
39. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
the note 2 should have a bigger screen, but the phone shouldn't get bigger, only the dead space on the front should be reduced and the note 2 should also be able to run as many tablet apps as possible.......
48. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Although I'm still never again jumping on the HTC train again after turning their back on those of us that actually purchased one of their short lived tabets, I'm still interested in seeing what they come up with to compete. They were the first (besides intel tablets) to bring the pen back and I found it to be quite useful.
55. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I don't see the need of a 1080p screen as you will barely be able to see the difference. I would much rather the RAZR MAXX battery, for it to be durable does not crack when dropped multiple times, and to have 2GB RAM. I would also like to see the flexible OLED displays we have heard about but that's probably next year. Hopefully by then they would be able to fit projectors on the phones like the samsung galaxy beam.
57. Hidro77 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
I'm guessing the JB update rumor is for the international versions of the GS3 because there is no way in hell that the 5 US carriers are pushing out JB to all of them on the same day.
60. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
A great, and never-will-happen partnership would be Samsung and Google.
Samsung makes great phones in both hardware and software departments and Google wil always keep you software updated. It's like what happened with the Galaxy Nexus.
Imagine a Galaxy S3 fusion with the Galaxy Nexus, that, is life !!