Samsung Galaxy Note II "breaking of" video ready: drop test to make you cringe
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 09:29 posted on
We've always been curious how the Galaxy Note II with its gargantuan 5.5-inch display will fare in a drop test, but were too flaky to do it with our own unit, so here it is, your Moment of Zen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ddeath (Posts: 169; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Woah.. heart breaking video! But glad the Note 2 survived the tests unlike the S3, since I'm getting one!!
21. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
the video was taken in the Philippines! that place is in fort san pedro. :)
32. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
seems like a nice vacation destination!!! I saw the drop test for the S3 and I wasnt impressed!! The metal casing around the Note II was key to me.............makes me want to get the phone EVEN MORE lol
24. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Wow that Note 2 held up pretty well and isnt that a piece of art?
I really need to get one ASAP!
2. MarqBland (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Yep, I'm ready for this phone to get here. The iPhone 5 vs SGSIII drop test video made me nervous. Watching the Note 2 fall made me cringe, but thank goodness it survived!
6. ddeath (Posts: 169; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Heh heh.. any phone that dropped screen down would have cracked, Gorilla glass or not! Anyway, he's demonstrating how it would have dropped if used normally so it makes sense. :)
28. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
old nokia c6-01 - more than 10 times falling on an edge or rock on the screen survived all of them
4. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
gosh............i hate this guy....y dont u simply give some1 the phone
31. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
For science buddy. These phones are sacrificed in the name of SCIENCE!
44. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
The whole point of these videos are to show potential buyers how durable the phone is. It is helpful to know this when buying a phone. He isn't doing it just to destroy it. He is helping us make a good decision as to which phone we potentially want to buy will hold up the best.
47. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
everyone wont buy a $10 case when spending 600 bugs on a phone
50. MATOZ (Posts: 74; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Uhm... a 600 "bugs" that you can EAT at Phillippines streets food (on the grill).
Oh... you mean BUCKS! jjejeje...
5. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Day-by-day, more and more people are getting crazy about this beast.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I was sure it will crack..and i cringed.
And now i'm definitely loving this phone to the smallest transistor, lol
8. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
never drop your phone face down. except in your sofa
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yeah very convincing drop test from the site called ANDROIDauthority :)
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
they showed the S3 breaks and even tested it againts an iPhone 5 and said to be impresed with the i5 Build qualiity.
you just jealous this baby has a bigger screen, more battery and amazing features while still being durable
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
I know that, I was just sarcastic Lolol
Take that Apple Lolol :D
10. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Well I'll be,,, Note 2 is great! Good job Samsung, but even then, everyone should get a case when going out, just to be safe.
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I can't watch the video, I simply can't bring myself to watch it, can someone please tell me what happens?
27. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Thanks, I just can't watch.
Go G-Note II, GO!!!!
15. twens (Posts: 979; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Oh boy,I can't wait anymore. Please launch this beast already
17. PowTheBowl (Posts: 86; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I guess Samsung learned it's lesson from the build quality of the SIII and made the NoteII more durable!
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
great. looks like samsung's normal durability is back in action. Whatever is up with the S3 is just a fluke in the design somewhere.
Not a crack at all on the screen.. I'm impressed with the device being that damn big. I wonder what's different in it to make it more durable. Good, it stays on my "plausible next purchase" list. I was scared of the drop test after the S3 fail. lol
23. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Coming to Bangladesh later part of October. Can't wait.
25. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I never got the point of drop tests. They all are inconclusive since every drop situation is completely different...