Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 vs Apple iPad mini vs Google Nexus 7 specs comparison
0. phoneArena 23 Feb 2013, 20:01 posted on
We are pitting Samsung's latest Note family member against its most formidable opponents - the Apple iPad mini and the Google Nexus 7 small and more affordable slates. While we don't have much details on price and availability for the Note 8.0 rather than Q2 in Europe and Asia, the other two have been around for a while, so you can have a look how they stack up in the table inside...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
looks super duper ugly!! remove that freaking bezel!!! oh what am i saying, its samsung after all!
5. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Those bezels are not as thick as Nexus 7 and you can do probably 20 times more on Note 8.0 what you can do on Nexus 7 and iPad.
It is way better looking device with ultimate features. Way to go Sammy.
26. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
actually i like it too...........sgn 10.1 is hard and heavy to hold in one hand and draw anything with s pen on it......... sgn8.0 is great concept (although its looks not so great) and very useful............
29. Feanor (Posts: 672; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I wouldn't call A9 processor and low pixel density "ultimate features". It's actually a quite modest tablet which shows that Samsung are starting doing an Apple and getting comfortable with the sales.
36. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Even I was a bit skeptical of the bazel at first but the more I look at it the more I like it!
and it has the phone functionality which I am guessing is integrated into the S-Pen....sammy nailed it once again!
19. lucasho2312 (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
im sick of the rounded corners too. The IPad looks cutest but I prefer Nexus in terms of both design and functionality. The 4.72" width seems fit, 5.3" is probaly too large and cause tension on fingers holding it for long.
32. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
i have owned Note, Note 2 and Note 10.1 and as a matter of fact just sold my Note 10.1 2days ago. im a sammy boy. TBH Note series of devices are not for everyone!these devices are more targeted to the professional people who need a device to draw on.but i can tell u one thing for sure, Note series of devices are THE BEST u can get on market in terms of sheer performance! 10.1 is the fastest android tablet (yeah it beats Nexus 10!) Note 2 is the best Phone but these are not good in terms of build quality.
u compare Note 2 to S3, its worse than S3 in build, u compare Note 10.1 to Nexus 10 its s**t!
so if u want Mere Performance with almost NO LAG, go for Note devices!
33. nooraldeen (Posts: 49; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I agree with but I disagree about 1 thing the build quality of the note2 is better than the s3 . Go and check the drop tests of the note2 and s3
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nerd moment: no offense but, bigger inch screen doesnt mean bigger area of the size of screen... Let me illustrate...
when you measure 3x1 and 2x2 diagonal, you can realize that 3x1 diagonal is bigger than 2x2 Eventhough the area is same...
6. andrewha (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
yeah except your maths is s**t. 3x1 and 2x2 are not the same area..
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oops!!! Then change the format 2x6 vs 3x4 lol
34. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
So you are comparing 3:1 ratio with 4:3. Who uses 3:1 displays?! The fact that the iPad uses such a BS ratio makes the screen area smaller when watching videos, making for screen of less then 8".
18. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Oh Wendy for heaven sake just shut the f**k up please.
3. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
And the winner is still undisputed champion. NEXUS 7!
31. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
nope, the Note 8.0 took the crown, at least it have a rear camera...
37. MartyK (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Can't wait to see the new 2013 Nexus 7 vs Samsung vs IPad vs window.
Like you, I'm giving the win to the Nexus family... they update 5x faster then the Galaxy family. Right now SGN-2 is on 4.1.2, Note -10.1 is on the same version, thanks to XDA!
38. Jhr774 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
Note 10.1 is on 4.1.2 , updated mine yesterday via Kies, not available OTA yet, (UK).
4. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it is ugly though i rather have an surface rt
7. thekid1990 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Windows RT is a pathetic excuse for a tablet...as far as I am concernced.
10. Izoe (Posts: 131; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
The Nexus 7 also has a version with 3g connectivity, which you have omitted.
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
Please correct this and check for any other thing you might have left out. If its a comparison, might as well do it right
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What's the point when the Ipad will always have a lower screen resolution
35. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
After you buy it, you cannot replace the screen with a higher resolution one:)
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 19810; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true, but they need to hit it out the park with the next line of iPads or the gap will shrink.
39. drdaly (Posts: 63; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
U.r. absolutely right,
Next Gen. IPad5 should astonish customers who are hesitated right now trying to get away from iPad heading to surface or Nexus.
Apple must defend iPad better than they did to iPhone which is not Ok right now!!!
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
If priced well this is my next tablet... Will sell my nexus 7 for it... With Samsung features such as multi windows this will be awesome and with a quad core exynos and 2gb ram it should be awesome..
15. Izoe (Posts: 131; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
Think this note tab is really lacking in design appeal, hope this isn't a sign of what to expect from the S4. Wish htc would get another tablet out. The Flyer had really good build quality (Arguably the best looking android tab at that time) and was the first android tablet to come with a stylus. Only thing that killed it was the price. Hope they get back to tablets soon, I'm sure it'll be the most attractive android tab if they do. Android tab manufacturers seem to lack imagination when it comes to styling and are often found wanting when it comes to build quality and Material.
16. jroc74 (Posts: 5987; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Phone functionality Yes
That alone might make it a must buy vs the other 2. Added functionality...
20. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
its not ugly,, i think i will like it more in person.. but this is just the start of showoff , maybe samsung just wants their note line to increase.. im expcting much from the highend tabs, i couldnt just wait :D
21. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Yeah no thank you. I prefer stock android 4.2. Touchwiz is ugly and I wonder if it'll get 4.2 let alone 5.0 whenever it comes out. Nexus 7 ftw.
22. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
The next gen nexus 7 will bloy away this thing
24. nikenturd (unregistered)
$320 and im sold
25. kushki (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
$249 and I would consider it.... anything more.... I would choose surface....
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 19810; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Where the galaxy shines over the mini is ram, and navigation. A more accurate comparison will be the galaxy, and the mini 2. Looks wise both are stunning.
40. papss (unregistered)
Another design fail for SS. I will not reward them with my money with lazy designs and cheap materials
41. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Nice job of maintaing low ppi's in all your devices, Sammy (N10 excluded, of course). But seriously, newer products are supposed to have better specs than their previous counterparts.